IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Bourne End Red

I was surprised by his reception, from where i was sitting in the Atyeo it seemed fairly muted. Felt the booing of Moloney was harsh, there have been a lot worse over the years. Good to see Joe Edwards, shame he only got a few appearances here. 

From block B of the Williams the only boos i heard for Maloney were from the Yeovil supporters.

Based on that definition it seems a bit unnecessary to be labelled as one for having a negative view of GJ.

You have a negative view of GJ for what reason? He lifted this club to new heights we hadn't seen for a long time and won't see for a long time again - one game from the premiership ! He made mistakes but he's being blamed for those more than what he achieved at this club. He got rid of the likes of Stewart and Bridges who were milking the club for money without doing anything for this club .

Hardly any old opposition fans though are we? The first time he had been back and the majority of the fans stood to applaud him, would have been quite disrespectful of him to ignore that, and I think he doesn't feel any lack of respect for us.

The Yeovil fans are just looking for any stick to bash him with at the moment.

Oh come on,any manager who gets a team relegated and then has them bottom of the next league down will get stick.

They want him out,you can't really blame them can you.

Got lucky? Reasonable league one manager?

I seriously despair, I honestly do.

He got us promoted from league one. Took over from dire circumstances. If SC gets us promoted this year, just like GJ did in his past, it would anything but luck. Same as GJ all those years ago

If SC over 48 games earns us a one off game for promotion to the premier league it will be a job very well done, no luck indeed.

If SC delivers us an end of season finish no lower than 10th, it will be nothing like luck.

I don't care if he was a complete arse to players, I don't care if he made duff signings - Jesus look at some of the utter shite fergie bought, look at what Liverpools gaffer has done with money, Tottenham post-bale - I don't care if he called Robbored out as a plum, we've not finished as high as he delivered since he left. He delivered results. It's a results business and he got them.

Luck..? Ridiculous.

Reasonable league one manager? He took Yeovil to the championship. They should be washing his feet for god sake. Even if they get relegated this year they should continue to wash his feet... Why? They do not have a league on infrastructure. He, or anyone else, is always fighting the tide.

He has great success in league one. Reasonable my arse.

A late entry for post of the year. The man is a god in my eyes. You stick it to the haters 29!

Oh come on,any manager who gets a team relegated and then has them bottom of the next league down will get stick.

Honestly I can and do.

They are punching just being in league one - I mean no disrespect by that but they have no academy, no reserves and a team full of loans and cheap buys/free transfers.

I'm not being snooty or looking down at them, I don't - I was happy to see them in the Championship, but this is the bloke who a decade or so ago was a god for winning the FA Trophy.

They ran before they could walk, much like we did under GJ. His problem, again, is fans running away with themselves. Arguably his biggest mistake was overachieving.

With their budget though, I'm not sure they have much of a hope, whoever's in the chair. Tried to stay in the Championship with L2 spending power.

I have a vague feeling that they'll JUST squirm out of the drop. 

And if I was a YTFC fan I'd be quite heartened by the tempo they finished today. They didn't expect to get anything, but it would not have been impossible for them to have nicked a point.

29AR has a valid point

As it stands Cottrell has not achieved Promotion with us (let's hope he does), something we know Johnson has, stating the obvious let's see if Cottrell gets us to the heights Johnson did, Championship Play-offs.

In my opinion every supporter of BCFC should have recognised applauded Johnsons achievement, Johnson wasn't here to be liked, he was here to do a job. I believe the closest to Alan Dicks in 1976-1978

Honestly I can and do.

They are punching just being in league one - I mean no disrespect by that but they have no academy, no reserves and a team full of loans and cheap buys/free transfers.

Do you know why that is?

It's because he himself decided that's the way he wanted the club to be run.

Yes,GJ with the help of his Chairman decided to put every pound into the first team,

Russel Slade ( who incidentally won the League one manager of the year whilst at Yeovil) put in the Yeovil youth teams, Gary Johnson folded them.

Gary Johnson folded the under 18 squad,no one else.

Gary Johnson wants to run Yeovil on getting loanees from other clubs,no one else.

So before posting and guessing why Yeovil are in this situation,do your homework.

Don't ever feel sorry for him,he has bought the current situation on himself.

Do you know why that is?

Yes,GJ with the help of his Chairman decided to put every pound into the first team,

Russel Slade ( who incidentally won the League one manager of the year whilst at Yeovil) put in the Yeovil youth teams, Gary Johnson folded them.

Gary Johnson folded the under 18 squad,no one else.

Gary Johnson wants to run Yeovil on getting loanees from other clubs,no one else.

So before posting and guessing why Yeovil are in this situation,do your homework.

Don't ever feel sorry for him,he has bought the current situation on himself.

Do you know why that was?? Budget.

GJ is judged on the first team ALONE. It does not matter what goes on elsewhere and he COULD be a martyr and die by a sinking ship or try and deliver RECEIPTS (SUCCESSFULLY - Championship) to enable the club IN FUTURE to establish itself.

He walked in to a sinking ship that could not sustain itself. It still can't, but he got them the best pay day reasonably under the watch and AUTHORISATION of a board of directors which ultimately APPROVED of the BUSINESS CASE.

Capitals to aid understanding

Yeovil have won three and lost four of their last seven league games.

For context, that is the flip of us, having lost three and won four out of seven,

They've also progressed to the FA Cup third round, picking up what is the sort of 'dream tie' clubs at our level hope for.

Yeovil fans possibly need to take a step back and think about that before getting too frustrated.

Do you know why that is?

A lot of smaller clubs can't afford to run an academy since the implementation of the awful EPPP plan. It's bad enough for us when a big chunk of our promising talents are getting poached by Premier League clubs, let alone for category 3/4 clubs. It's just not worth it.

Blame the PL for that decision, not Gary Johnson.

A lot of smaller clubs can't afford to run an academy since the implementation of the awful EPPP plan. It's bad enough for us when a big chunk of our promising talents are getting poached by Premier League clubs, let alone for category 3/4 clubs. It's just not worth it.

Aye, but that doesn't suit the agenda.

Yep. You are of course right. Difficult to complete with the thought processing required to call someone a tit because they have a different opinion to you.

If the tag fits there is no need to pontificate. Conciseness is an attribute of someone who is both intelligent and articulate.

Do you know why that was?? Budget.

GJ is judged on the first team ALONE. It does not matter what goes on elsewhere and he COULD be a martyr and die by a sinking ship or try and deliver RECEIPTS (SUCCESSFULLY - Championship) to enable the club IN FUTURE to establish itself.

He walked in to a sinking ship that could not sustain itself. It still can't, but he got them the best pay day reasonably under the watch and AUTHORISATION of a board of directors which ultimately APPROVED of the BUSINESS CASE.

Capitals to aid understanding

Strange how Russel Slade managed under a LOWER budget!!

Your second sentence sums it up, that's why he's failing.

Because of HIS actions,he has nothing coming through from within the club,he's reaping what HE sowed ;)

By saying " a lot of smaller clubs", I guess you mean two clubs??

Yeovil Town and Wycombe,yes two.

Strange how Russel Slade managed under a LOWER budget!!

Your second sentence sums it up, that's why he's failing.

Because of HIS actions,he has nothing coming through from within the club,he's reaping what HE sowed ;)

And this is where we depart. I don't think he is failing. With the tools at his disposal they are reasonably where the are.

Slade did great there. GJ has done great there. Ultimately they have to make a decision, try to build a sustainable club in the modern game, which is a fallacy (EPPP posted above) or put all your eggs in one basket and go for it.

The fact that all those eggs may be league two/ conference nonetheless is what you seem to miss. The fans have unreasonable expectations. Simple.

By saying " a lot of smaller clubs", I guess you mean two clubs??

Yeovil Town and Wycombe,yes two.

New rules. Just you wait and see how they ultimately bite.

It takes time for effects to be felt and filtered through. It may be two now, let's resurrect this in 24 or 36 months and see how many more realise they cannot build sustainable academies under the new rules.

New rules. Just you wait and see how they ultimately bite.

It takes time for effects to be felt and filtered through. It may be two now, let's resurrect this in 24 or 36 months and see how many more realise they cannot build sustainable academies under the new rules.

I'm well aware of EPPP mate.

I also am 100% aware of what happened at Yeovil.

Archived