IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Bourne End Red

I work in Yeovil and GJ is not that popular with the fans. They respect what he did, but don't live in the past. What they have now is a mess of poor signings, strange loanees, and players frozen out. Some have never forgiven him for falling out with Paddy Madden. My opinion of him at City is that he over-achieved initially, then set the club on the downward slope overloading us with mediocre journeymen and ignoring our academy.

Oh come on,any manager who gets a team relegated and then has them bottom of the next league down will get stick.

They want him out,you can't really blame them can you.

I don't doubt they want him out, or their reasons. I seriously didn't think he'd still be there for the Boxing Day game, the ManU game has saved him for now. They also have the benefit of witnessing what happened to us under him to see how it's panning out, hindsite which we didn't have.

But you have to remember they had him back and were overjoyed to get first into the League and more recently into the Championship whilst in his hands.

The difficulty for whoever is the first team manager is that they will always get slaughtered for not bringing on the youth.

I agree in the academy system, however for a first team manager he is never going to see the best u14, u15 and u16 players in the first team, and very unlikely u17/u18's, this is solely because the shelf life of most managers is less than 2 years. Managers will always need to bring in players either on loan or on a contract, in order to get results NOW.

At yeovil, the academy was scraped and so was the reserves so all finances could go into the first team budget. Even with the full budget available the quality of their players will see them struggle to the end, imagine if 150k was not available

Archived