IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Bourne End Red

I'm well aware of EPPP mate.

I also am 100% aware of what happened at Yeovil.

Well, you ain't (assuming you aren't on the board in which case you may be more aware, but still short of 100%). You're 100% aware of at least second hand murmurings which are always flawed. Here's a tip, get your mates around and have a game of Chinese whispers. Maybe then stop kidding yourself with ridiculous 100% aware statements.

And this is where we depart. I don't think he is failing. With the tools at his disposal they are reasonably where the are.

Slade did great there. GJ has done great there. Ultimately they have to make a decision, try to build a sustainable club in the modern game, which is a fallacy (EPPP posted above) or put all your eggs in one basket and go for it.

The fact that all those eggs may be league two/ conference nonetheless is what you seem to miss. The fans have unreasonable expectations. Simple.

The facts are,Yeovil have won 13 games out of the last 68.

That's what GJ is being judged on by the people who support Yeovil Town.

I know ( even work with) a lot of Yeovil fans,they don't like what's going on, they have one team.

The squad that forms that team is made up often by a third of players who are not even Yeovil Town players.

Well, you ain't (assuming you aren't on the board in which case you may be more aware, but still short of 100%). You're 100% aware of at least second hand murmurings which are always flawed. Here's a tip, get your mates around and have a game of Chinese whispers. Maybe then stop kidding yourself with ridiculous 100% aware statements.

Ah right! So being at the actual meeting where the current policy being used was decided,doesn't count then.

No Chinese whispers mate,just facts.

Or put it this way,I know 99.9% more than you do.

Have it your way though ;)

The facts are,Yeovil have won 13 games out of the last 68.

That's what GJ is being judged on by the people who support Yeovil Town.

I know ( even work with) a lot of Yeovil fans,they don't like what's going on, they have one team.

The squad that forms that team is made up often by a third of players who are not even Yeovil Town players.

46 of those games in the championship?

Spin it another way, they are what 15 points off the playoffs, one win lifts them what four places potentially. They are keeping touch in a league they arguably have little right to expect much if any more in.

Ah right! So being at the actual meeting where the current policy being used was decided,doesn't count then.

No Chinese whispers mate,just facts.

Or put it this way,I know 99.9% more than you do.

Have it your way though ;)

You really need to pull your head out of a dark place near your balls.

At the 'meeting' I wonder I you were privy to detailed financial projections, detailed finances available, a full business case, 100% facts.

Or was it perhaps a meeting much like the meetings put on with board members here like the trust do, or one of those fans parliament meetings, or stadium meetinga. Not knocking them for anyone getting their knickers twisted, but Jesus I wouldn't dream to consider myself 100% aware having attended one of those. Even a damn AGM has a strict need to know agenda - I know, I've written them.

I've been a company director, company secretary, finance director. Even in all those positions I was never 100% of all the facets of the business and I wouldn't have said chief exec or MD's ever were, certainly I'd never claim to be... Which makes your statement so laughable to me.

46 of those games in the championship?

Spin it another way, they are what 15 points off the playoffs, one win lifts them what four places potentially. They are keeping touch in a league they arguably have little right to expect much if any more in.

Personally I couldn't give a shit what position they are in, I don't support them.

If I did though,I would want him out.

That club has no foundations anymore,the loan market is all they have,and you can't run a club on that alone.

To get rid of their Centre of Excellence was a strange decision,to get rid of the Under 18 team was unforgivable imo.

Personally I couldn't give a shit what position they are in, I don't support them.

If I did though,I would want him out.

That club has no foundations anymore,the loan market is all they have,and you can't run a club on that alone.

To get rid of their Centre of Excellence was a strange decision,to get rid of the Under 18 team was unforgivable imo.

Sorry pal but to blame all that on GJ is laughable. Yeovils BoD who signed that lot off have a lot to answer for...

You really need to pull your head out of a dark place near your balls.

At the 'meeting' I wonder I you were privy to detailed financial projections, detailed finances available, a full business case, 100% facts.

Or was it perhaps a meeting much like the meetings put on with board members here like the trust do, or one of those fans parliament meetings, or stadium meetinga. Not knocking them for anyone getting their knickers twisted, but Jesus I wouldn't dream to consider myself 100% aware having attended one of those. Even a damn AGM has a strict need to know agenda - I know, I've written them.

I've been a company director, company secretary, finance director. Even in all those positions I was never 100% of all the facets of the business and I wouldn't have said chief exec or MD's ever were, certainly I'd never claim to be... Which makes your statement so laughable to me.

Do you also get off on trying to talk down to people when they don't bow to you?

Seriously,you are coming across as a pompous dick mate.

Don't try and tell me what I do or don't know.

Either call me a liar or leave it.

Do you also get off on trying to talk down to people when they don't bow to you?

Seriously,you are coming across as a pompous dick mate.

Don't try and tell me what I do or don't know.

Either call me a lier or leave it.

Pot kettle - you know 99'9% more than me, don't know what's going on there, do you homework blah blah blah just off the top of my head posts of yours to me. Arguable as I wasn't bowing to you, you were being pompous and talking down to me.

I haven't professed to be totally in the know. You have and I merely tell you why in my opinion that is outlandish.

Sorry pal but to blame all that on GJ is laughable. Yeovils BoD who signed that lot off have a lot to answer for...

He came back to Yeovil under certain conditions,yes,the Chairman would have had to agree to these conditions,so I agree it's not all GJ's fault.

But under,Slade,Thomson and then Skiverton,the Coe and Under 18 teams were more than cared for.

I don't think Yeovil rate Maloney much, there was a huge ironic cheer from them when he was substituted at half time. Saying that, he looked poor today.

I thought Gilett looked good!

Agree on both points.

Moloney was awful, all our chances came down his side first half.

They did ironically cheer his departure.

Gillet was excellent and a constant threat. I always thought he was a good player.

Pot kettle - you know 99'9% more than me, don't know what's going on there, do you homework blah blah blah just off the top of my head posts of yours to me. Arguable asI wasn't bowing to you, you were being pompous and talking down to me.

I haven't professed to be totally in the know. You have and I merely tell you why in my opinion that is outlandish.

I've told you the truth,you told me to pull my head from under my balls.

Whose the pompous one fella ?????

You don't want to believe me, your choice.

That's fine,I'm off to bed anyway,adios!

He came back to Yeovil under certain conditions,yes,the Chairman would have had to agree to these conditions,so I agree it's not all GJ's fault.

But under,Slade,Thomson and then Skiverton,the Coe and Under 18 teams were more than cared for.

Smacks of a weak board. GJ should not have been allowed to come back and dictate 'conditions' to the board. Buck stops with them IMO.

Lets not kid ourselves. Yeovil are a non-league club punching well above their weight. To be in L1 is impressive, the championship is nothing short of miraculous. Their time seems to have come though.

it made me laugh that according to their travelling fans "Bristol's a shithole" and they wanted to go home.

To Yeovil. Where the biggest store in the town centre is a two-storey Poundstretcher.  :laughcont:

it made me laugh that according to their travelling fans "Bristol's a shithole" and they wanted to go home.

To Yeovil. Where the biggest store in the town centre is a two-storey Poundstretcher.  :laughcont:

Got family in Yeovil and it has gone downhill fast. More chavs there now than a national moped convention 

Best time of my life as a city supporter have been/were under johnson

Hope he got a good reception

Million percent mate. He gave us some of the most ridiculously fun times as manager. Yeh, we all realise it went pear shaped at the end but for anyone who are in there mid 20s and a City fan, he delivered our finest times. Those 2 years were ridiculously fun.

Yep. You are of course right. Difficult to complete with the thought processing required to call someone a tit because they have a different opinion to you.

Would you care to expand on why you cant stand the bloke? Arguably the most successful manager since Alan Dicks so would be interested to hear your own thought processes in arriving at your view. 

Apologies if you have explained your thinking elsewhere.

Yep. You are of course right. Difficult to complete with the thought processing required to call someone a tit because they have a different opinion to you.

To be fair, you're saying you don't rate a manager who took over when we were facing relegation, got us promoted the following year and got us our highest league finish since 1980.  The following season he got us our third highest league finish since 1980 and - in the season he managed us for the most of the season than then left - we still ended up matching that third highest league finish since 1980.  Yes, the time was right for GJ to go when he did, but to claim, as someone did earlier on the thread, that he couldn't cut it in the Championship ignores the fact that for two seasons he cut it in the Championship better than anyone else who's managed us since Alan Dicks and, even the season he left, he got better results than McInnes, O'Driscoll or arguably Millen.  

You're welcome to your opinion, of course, but in this case your opinion simply is not supported by the facts and - so far as I can tell - you've offered next-to-nothing in terms of a counter argument when called out on that.  Calling someone a tit on an internet messageboard is a bit childish but, to be honest, you've not really offered an argument that requires a much more thought out response.

He brought him through here did he? Or did he sign him after he played for us in the Championship?

He signed him for them during their League One play off winning campaign.

Yes, all 4 of his City appearances were under Millen but the question was "name a youth player that GJ has brought on" and Edwards being an ever present in their Championship season and now captain fits that description to me.

He signed him for them during their League One play off winning campaign.

Yes, all 4 of his City appearances were under Millen but the question was "name a youth player that GJ has brought on" and Edwards being an ever present in their Championship season and now captain fits that description to me.

Thats great, he brought through one of our youth players at another club, after overlooking him here.

Smacks of a weak board. GJ should not have been allowed to come back and dictate 'conditions' to the board. Buck stops with them IMO.

True but due to his success before with them they may have relented hoping for a repeat performance.

It happened here as evidence suggests that the youth system was under used and the scouting network was a complete joke, he's good for some moderate short term success but long term....

True but due to his success before with them they may have relented hoping for a repeat performance.

It happened here as evidence suggests that the youth system was under used and the scouting network was a complete joke, he's good for some moderate short term success but long term....

So what your actually saying is "it smacks of a weak board", 1) They had ample evidence of the way he worked, after all he was their manager before for 4 years. 2) They had the evidence of his time at BCFC. 3) They had the evidence of his failures at Peterborough and Northampton (although he left Peterborough in better shape than they are at this moment in time), 4) They were aware of the way he wanted to dismantle the work of Russell Slade as one of his conditions, because somebody 'in the know' told us as much and 5) The board knew the fans wanted him back.

Whatever people say it all adds up to a weak board who obviously only wanted moderate short term success, they enabled him end of.

Archived