IGNORED

Gary Johnson

Bourne End Red

Moloney got a fair bit of booing from a section of the Williams, but Johnson got a good reception, Edwards and Gillet largely indifferent.

Harsh for Moloney to be booed I thought. Granted he will be never highly thought of here in the scheme of things, but didn't deserve a boo.

Moloney got a fair bit of booing from a section of the Williams, but Johnson got a good reception, Edwards and Gillet largely indifferent.

Not where I was sat. Why boo anyone? They all did jobs for us to the best of their abilities, and Gillet was still pretty handy.

Only booing I heard was Yeovil fans booing Moloney.

Sounded like he had run out of ideas and enthusiasm in his radio interview. Yeovil fans wanted him out, must be hard for him to take given his history with them. To be honest I think Yeovil are on there way back to their more natural level after punching above their weight for a few seasons.

I was in the Atyeo today.

He came out after all the players.

Applauded Yeovil but then turned around applauded Atyeo City end, moved across clapped the Dolman then applauded the Williams all the way along as he walked.

Everyone responded too. I didn't see anyone not stand up and clap him on.

Which to be fair is what he deserved.

Applauded Yeovil but then turned around applauded Atyeo City end, moved across clapped the Dolman then applauded the Williams all the way along as he walked.

Quite right too :clapping:

Well I'm sure there was one who didn't.......

One of yeovils supporters was slating him for clapping the City supprtrs on radio Bris, said it showed his heart wasn't in Yeovil if he clapped our supporters more than theirs, idiot

To be fair I think id be pissed off if i was them. Bottom of the league and he spends 4x as long clapping opposition fans than his own..

I thought the applause he got from City fans was well deserved.

I also liked the touch of Cottrell coming out after and getting louder applause.

To be fair I think id be pissed off if i was them. Bottom of the league and he spends 4x as long clapping opposition fans than his own..

Hardly any old opposition fans though are we? The first time he had been back and the majority of the fans stood to applaud him, would have been quite disrespectful of him to ignore that, and I think he doesn't feel any lack of respect for us.

The Yeovil fans are just looking for any stick to bash him with at the moment.

Was amusing at one point when some Yeovil fans were singing 'Johnson Out' and City responded with 'There's Only One Gary Johnson.'

Was quality for BC, much like Cotts is now , both took over when we were heading for L2, if Cotts can do what Johnson did then he will also deserve as much respect

Sounded like he had run out of ideas and enthusiasm in his radio interview. Yeovil fans wanted him out, must be hard for him to take given his history with them. To be honest I think Yeovil are on there way back to their more natural level after punching above their weight for a few seasons.

Yes I think you are right,   Gary did well previously at Yeovil and then at City and after failing in the play off final, went on to lose the dressing room.  i think the same thing is happening again at Yeovil, after getting them promoted to the Championship, which in their financial position was impossible to maintain.  It wasn't so long ago that they were non league and I think they will be relegated to League 2 which I agree with you is their level.

No definitely not. But very much a cotterill fan. Good to have a manager who gives the players the credit they deserve.

Pleb. Johnson's biggest error was paying too much credit to players and some of them the contracts and chances he gave

One of the plebs from Rome. A member of a despised social class, a commoner, low-born, undisinguished, vulgar.

Not usually used as a compliment.

Based on that definition it seems a bit unnecessary to be labelled as one for having a negative view of GJ.

You did not spot me then and around me in the Atyeo, I reckon less than 50% were applauding him on and off the pitch.

Yes very nearly got lucky with us but never a favourite of mine. And when I think of the dross he signed as a result of his inept brother/ chief scout. He is a reasonable League One manager but an ignorant bully with better players at Championship level.

You did not spot me then and around me in the Atyeo, I reckon less than 50% were applauding him on and off the pitch.

Yes very nearly got lucky with us but never a favourite of mine. And when I think of the dross he signed as a result of his inept brother/ chief scout. He is a reasonable League One manager but an ignorant bully with better players at Championship level.

Got lucky? Reasonable league one manager?

I seriously despair, I honestly do.

He got us promoted from league one. Took over from dire circumstances. If SC gets us promoted this year, just like GJ did in his past, it would anything but luck. Same as GJ all those years ago

If SC over 48 games earns us a one off game for promotion to the premier league it will be a job very well done, no luck indeed.

If SC delivers us an end of season finish no lower than 10th, it will be nothing like luck.

I don't care if he was a complete arse to players, I don't care if he made duff signings - Jesus look at some of the utter shite fergie bought, look at what Liverpools gaffer has done with money, Tottenham post-bale - I don't care if he called Robbored out as a plum, we've not finished as high as he delivered since he left. He delivered results. It's a results business and he got them.

Luck..? Ridiculous.

Reasonable league one manager? He took Yeovil to the championship. They should be washing his feet for god sake. Even if they get relegated this year they should continue to wash his feet... Why? They do not have a league on infrastructure. He, or anyone else, is always fighting the tide.

He has great success in league one. Reasonable my arse.

Archived