IGNORED

Cardiff - Back In Blue [Merged]

UREDS_91

Nobody cares. Don't recall one thread when they got relegated last season. Rovers will always be our only rivals.

I care, and I care more about Crapdiff than I do NLBR.

The reason there weren't that many threads is pretty damn simple: they were relegated from the Premier League whereas we battled hard to stay in League One. It would have been laughable for us to mock. - Almost like Rovers mocking us if we get knocked out of the JPT. It'd be ridiculous.

It also coincided with something remarkable. BR became NLBR. The same weekend. Relegation is one thing, leaving the football league is quite another. For there to be many threads for Cardiff it'd be like shouting from the rooftops at 3 numbers on the UK Lottery and subdued at winning the Euromillions.

Rovers' relegation from the football league and Cardiff's from the biggest league in the world cannot be stacked side by side to determine rivalry. It's comparing apples and pears.

Nobody cares. Don't recall one thread when they got relegated last season. Rovers will always be our only rivals.

Remember massive, passionate crowds back in the 60's-70's both here and Ninian Park. The hatred and rivalry, especially when the supporters in the East End was only separated by a thin blue, was unbelievable. Every bit as passionate as ANY other derby..

• SC&T Board Members

buzzing today. Still bridges to build, but we have our club back.

I've spent the last two and a half years arguing against the rebrand; protest marches, letters, emails, songs, boycotts. I went to one game in red, which was a freebie on a mates season ticket, and have one programme, which my missus' dad gave to me. While we were in Red, not one pence of my money went to Tan.

I am ashamed at how it happened, but I can't explain this feeling.

Thanks to those Bristol City supporters who helped us along the way. We are all football fans at the end of the day.

Who are we? BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done for fighting for tradition and heritage.

Sorry fella but 'nobody cares' is a sweeping generalisation.

Not everyone uses a forum to celebrate when Cardiff get relegated, most people do it the traditional way, in a pub with their mates, laughing their heads off.

That's what I did and I regard Cardiff as huge rivals.

Always thought it was a horrendous decision by Tan, much as I laughed at your embarrassment genuinely pleased to see common sense has one over, football may be a business to ***** like Tan but to us is a passion a lifestyle choice almost a religion and to try and destroy any clubs history should never be allowed! Looking forward to beating you again next season

• Admin

Interesting one, would be pleased for their fans but they're Cardiff.

On a side note, "Crapdiff"?! That's awful, up there with "Florest", "Swindle" and "Palarse" in embarrassing playground team names. Makes me cringe!

I always thought the Swindle nickname was quite descriptive of their club ethos whether that simply be conning refs into sending off opposition captains in the first minute or financial irregularities worthy of the ruling authority dishing out a demotion.

On a side note, "Crapdiff"?! That's awful, up there with "Florest", "Swindle" and "Palarse" in embarrassing playground team names. Makes me cringe!

dunno about Swindle being awful seems to fit after outrageous swindle of ref to get Elliot sent off!

Will be interesting how long Tan sticks around for following this and what would happen if he were to leave or even just stops putting money into the club, think I read somewhere Cardiff's debt levels are at least as high as Portsmouth's when they went into administration.

I've heard rumours there are several consortiums/individuals interested in buying off of Tan - whether they have enough to pay him back his debts is another matter.

From an investor point of view, Cardiff is more attractive than Portsmouth - just look at the stadiums for a start.

I've spent the last two and a half years arguing against the rebrand; protest marches, letters, emails, songs, boycotts. I went to one game in red, which was a freebie on a mates season ticket, and have one programme, which my missus' dad gave to me. While we were in Red, not one pence of my money went to Tan.

Thanks to those Bristol City supporters who helped us along the way. We are all football fans at the end of the day.

Who are we? BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grrr.  I'd say I was pleased for you if it didn't make me feel soiled.

Isn't red a lucky colour in Malay culture which was the reason for the change of shirt colour?

Going back to blue suggests Tan is off so you should be careful what you wish for?

Will be interesting how long Tan sticks around for following this and what would happen if he were to leave or even just stops putting money into the club, think I read somewhere Cardiff's debt levels are at least as high as Portsmouth's when they went into administration.

I expect a kindly Welsh judge will give them extra time to park their debts on another chump, as happened last time....

Grrr.  I'd say I was pleased for you if it didn't make me feel soiled.

Isn't red a lucky colour in Malay culture which was the reason for the change of shirt colour?

Going back to blue suggests Tan is off so you should be careful what you wish for?

I don't think so. I think he'll have a renewed emotional interest in the club.

He's nuts really. Have you read a statement like this before? He manages to mention his mum, Buddhism and quotes JFK.

Still, who cares..we are back.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-tan-sri-vincent-tan-2192317.aspx

Back to blue,

But you used to be Red

Still look like a ****

when you pat your head.

Part of me is pleased ( very very small part ) but a bit late. I would wonder about his motives,doesn't strike me as someone who goes out of his way to please people.

Back to blue,

But you used to be Red

Still look like a ****

when you pat your head.

Part of me is pleased ( very very small part ) but a bit late. I would wonder about his motives,doesn't strike me as someone who goes out of his way to please people.

Unless they like being shafted from behind, of course :o

Back to blue,

But you used to be Red

Still look like a ****

when you pat your head.

Worried about money. There was a recent record low attendance. And then there was the threat of many not renewing season tickets (remember many were benefitting from a multi-year price freeze) which probably made him fear for next season's revenue.

I note the uncertainty over the debt is yet to be resolved though!

Its like when other fans call us Brizzle Shitty ,play ground stuff.

Great for real honest football fans! I'd never want the Rovers to loose their colours as much as I dislike them.

1 in the eye for all chairmen that want destroy our heritage!

Archived