IGNORED

Cardiff - Back In Blue [Merged]

UREDS_91

Absolute rubbish, living in Cardiff has turned you into a soft touch as well.

Bristol City fans would not have let it happen in the first place.

Cardiff had 10 years of warnings before Tan came in.

Sam Hamman and Peter Risdale were welcomed with open arms by Cardiff fans,whilst us this side of the bridge warned them they were both con men.

They wouldn't listen until it was to late,then fell for an even bigger con man in Tan.

So don't try and tell me that we would have done the same as Cardiff fans,we wouldn't.

:laugh:, a soft touch. Nothing to do with being a soft touch and saying the "fans would never let it happen in the first place" is bulls*** because the final decision is down to the owner. Yes the fans can revolt and refuse to attend but when your club goes into top flight football the plastics come out of the woodwork and so do the Prem fans who want to see "their team" play, meaning the opposition. Tan filled that stadium during the Premier League season with fans who couldn't have given a toss about Cardiff City, it wasn't like it was even hard to spot, three of my friends who never showed any interest in football bought season tickets just to watch Premier League football. By the end of the season of them bought a Cardiff City top.... a red one. I gave them shit for it but I could see that they were the exact type of "fan" Tan was looking to fill the stands with and the exact type of fans Bristol City would draw in if we reached the Premier League.

As for "So don't try and tell me that we would have done the same as Cardiff fans,we wouldn't." I think you need to read my post, I pointed out that it wouldn't be the true Bristol City fans that would be wear Blue and going to the Gate, it'd be the younger generation who are not guided and taught about tradition of English football and the plastics. 

I hate this "we are better than you" s*** attitude I see from some fans, thinking their club is some untouchable beacon of purity when truth is the Premier League and greed has the potential to ruin any club if it gains a bad owner. It's easy to say "It'd never happen to us" because we have a Bristol City fan as an owner who has a good understanding of history and tradition of our club but what if 30 years down the line Lansdown sold the club with good intention only for the new owner to sell it on with no good intentions and someone like Tan bought it? The fans can always turn on an owner but look at the Glazers, still owners of Manchester United despite all the campaigning against them owning it, why? because they can fill the stands with plastics or Bob, John or Dave from Devon, Leeds and Norwich who support Man Utd.

The truth is all clubs have a set of what we probably refer to as "real fans" but all clubs also have an owner and if that owner feels that the club can grow and become more competitive by selling out then they can make the kind of decisions that s*** on our values and traditions.

I am 100% confident whilst we're owned by Lansdown we'll never have to go through what the Cardiff fans have but 2-3 owners down the line, who knows, no-one can say for certainty that their club will never go through what Cardiff has and seeing their fans be tarred with one brush IS bulls*** because I've seen thousands of them in the time I've lived here wearing blue with "Tan out" etc, I've seen them protesting and jjust because some plastics and young fans wear red and say "I support Cardiff" it doesn't mean the real Cardiff City fans aren't there fighting the fight.

And am I also supposed to believe that everyone wearing a red scarf in this picture is a plastic fan who has only been coming for two years?:-

http://mauveandyellowarmy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/sea-of-red.jpg

I don't think anyone is saying some fans never did a u-turn, I personally wouldn't be seen dead in a blue Bristol City home top if it happened to us but there will always be a few that will sell out, hell I've seen a few comments on these forums that suggest we have a few of our own willing to give up key parts of our identity for Premier League success. That said it's easy to take a picture without context and make it look like it validates an argument. You post that picture but being as I shop in the ASDA next to the stadium I've seen more of these fans:

cardiff-banners_2773109b.jpg

than I have than the ones in your picture.

Ha Ha . That wasn't yesterdays game. I watched it on The Football League show and there was hundreds of blue and white scarfs.

Who said anything about it being yesterday's game? It was from a game when they were handing out free scarves, during their promotion season. It proves the fans were willing to support the rebrand back then.

:laugh:, a soft touch. Nothing to do with being a soft touch and saying the "fans would never let it happen in the first place" is bulls*** because the final decision is down to the owner. Yes the fans can revolt and refuse to attend but when your club goes into top flight football the plastics come out of the woodwork and so do the Prem fans who want to see "their team" play, meaning the opposition. Tan filled that stadium during the Premier League season with fans who couldn't have given a toss about Cardiff City, it wasn't like it was even hard to spot, three of my friends who never showed any interest in football bought season tickets just to watch Premier League football. By the end of the season of them bought a Cardiff City top.... a red one. I gave them shit for it but I could see that they were the exact type of "fan" Tan was looking to fill the stands with and the exact type of fans Bristol City would draw in if we reached the Premier League.

As for "So don't try and tell me that we would have done the same as Cardiff fans,we wouldn't." I think you need to read my post, I pointed out that it wouldn't be the true Bristol City fans that would be wear Blue and going to the Gate, it'd be the younger generation who are not guided and taught about tradition of English football and the plastics.

I hate this "we are better than you" s*** attitude I see from some fans, thinking their club is some untouchable beacon of purity when truth is the Premier League and greed has the potential to ruin any club if it gains a bad owner. It's easy to say "It'd never happen to us" because we have a Bristol City fan as an owner who has a good understanding of history and tradition of our club but what if 30 years down the line Lansdown sold the club with good intention only for the new owner to sell it on with no good intentions and someone like Tan bought it? The fans can always turn on an owner but look at the Glazers, still owners of Manchester United despite all the campaigning against them owning it, why? because they can fill the stands with plastics or Bob, John or Dave from Devon, Leeds and Norwich who support Man Utd.

The truth is all clubs have a set of what we probably refer to as "real fans" but all clubs also have an owner and if that owner feels that the club can grow and become more competitive by selling out then they can make the kind of decisions that s*** on our values and traditions.

I am 100% confident whilst we're owned by Lansdown we'll never have to go through what the Cardiff fans have but 2-3 owners down the line, who knows, no-one can say for certainty that their club will never go through what Cardiff has and seeing their fans be tarred with one brush IS bulls*** because I've seen thousands of them in the time I've lived here wearing blue with "Tan out" etc, I've seen them protesting and jjust because some plastics and young fans wear red and say "I support Cardiff" it doesn't mean the real Cardiff City fans aren't there fighting the fight.

I don't think anyone is saying some fans never did a u-turn, I personally wouldn't be seen dead in a blue Bristol City home top if it happened to us but there will always be a few that will sell out, hell I've seen a few comments on these forums that suggest we have a few of our own willing to give up key parts of our identity for Premier League success. That said it's easy to take a picture without context and make it look like it validates an argument. You post that picture but being as I shop in the ASDA next to the stadium I've seen more of these fans:

cardiff-banners_2773109b.jpg

than I have than the ones in your picture.

This.

And, yes, it is worth quoting in full. Read, mark and inwardly digest. Then be thankful it's not happening to YOUR club!

Aizoon - Spike's argument was that the stadium was full of plastics and that proper fans not attending didn't make any difference. My argument was that there is no way the entire crowd was made up of plastics and if ALL the proper fans hadn't attended, it would have made a significant impact.

The media would have us believe that this is a great victory for Cardiff's fans who have all been battling against wearing red from the start. The picture simply proves beyond any doubt that this wasn't the case.

However I certainly wouldn't claim that it wouldn't happen here or at any other club.

Archived