IGNORED

Cardiff - Back In Blue [Merged]

UREDS_91

Just goes to show what they might have achieved if they'd made more of a stand in the first place - but they were far less bothered when they were winning weren't they. Hardly a victory to be proud of. This just highlights how willing they were to sacrifice their identity when premier league football was on the table.

I don't think so. I think he'll have a renewed emotional interest in the club.

He's nuts really. Have you read a statement like this before? He manages to mention his mum, Buddhism and quotes JFK.

Still, who cares..we are back.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/statement-tan-sri-vincent-tan-2192317.aspx

Genuinely happy for you. And for football in general.

So I presume the red seats are now gonna be reverted to blue...

... whattawasteamoney.... etc....

Wonder what the redesigned badge is going to be like. Why he couldn't just return that back to how it was..almost like he's got to have one last hold over the fans

buzzing today. Still bridges to build, but we have our club back.

I've spent the last two and a half years arguing against the rebrand; protest marches, letters, emails, songs, boycotts. I went to one game in red, which was a freebie on a mates season ticket, and have one programme, which my missus' dad gave to me. While we were in Red, not one pence of my money went to Tan.

I am ashamed at how it happened, but I can't explain this feeling.

Thanks to those Bristol City supporters who helped us along the way. We are all football fans at the end of the day.

Who are we? BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hate Cardiff with a passion as you know but personally I detest the likes of Tan 10 times more.

Absolute, 100%, Respect to you.

I've spent the last two and a half years arguing against the rebrand; protest marches, letters, emails, songs, boycotts. I went to one game in red, which was a freebie on a mates season ticket, and have one programme, which my missus' dad gave to me. While we were in Red, not one pence of my money went to Tan.

Thanks to those Bristol City supporters who helped us along the way. We are all football fans at the end of the day.

Who are we? BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you really spent the last two and half years protesting against the rebrand, or has it been for a year to eighteen months tops? Only most Cardiff fans I know happily accepted the shirt colour compromise in return for Tan's financial input and the 'glory' of promotion to the Premier League.

I believe you were on here at the point of your promotion to the top flight, gloating. So unless you can prove otherwise, I'm going to say you are the same as the rest of your fellow Red/Bluebirds and your rise to the moral high ground only came about when the reality of your Premier League dream became a nightmare, and you realised that the sacrifice wasn't witth it. Or you are one of the more recent converts when mid table mediocrity and the appointment of a League One manager sparked a rebellion against Tan and the Red.

Either way, you lot are forever tarnished as supporters for your wholesale acceptance of such a terrible decision by Tan. But nevertheless, thanks for two and half years of comedy gold!!

Have you really spent the last two and half years protesting against the rebrand, or has it been for a year to eighteen months tops? Only most Cardiff fans I know happily accepted the shirt colour compromise in return for Tan's financial input and the 'glory' of promotion to the Premier League.

I believe you were on here at the point of your promotion to the top flight, gloating. So unless you can prove otherwise, I'm going to say you are the same as the rest of your fellow Red/Bluebirds and your rise to the moral high ground only came about when the reality of your Premier League dream became a nightmare, and you realised that the sacrifice wasn't witth it. Or you are one of the more recent converts when mid table mediocrity and the appointment of a League One manager sparked a rebellion against Tan and the Red.

Either way, you lot are forever tarnished as supporters for your wholesale acceptance of such a terrible decision by Tan. But nevertheless, thanks for two and half years of comedy gold!!

That's a completely unnecessary attack on Cardiffblacklabel. He's made it quite clear the club didn't get a penny from him while they played in red, which therefore means both before and after the Premier League season. For that he has my respect.

What I don't have time for are the Cardiff fans on my Facebook feed today celebrating their return to blue, who previously bought red shirts and thought nothing of it.

Plenty of Cardiff fans did accept the rebrand in exchange for a shot at the top division and they deserve no sympathy or credit at all for yesterday's decision. However quite clearly cardiffblacklabel isn't one of them , and I don't see why you feel the need to accuse him.

Back to blue,

But you used to be Red

Still look like a ****

when you pat your head.

Part of me is pleased ( very very small part ) but a bit late. I would wonder about his motives,doesn't strike me as someone who goes out of his way to please people.

I loved that when about 2k were singing that at Lego land!!

The Cardiff fans would have won my respect if they'd campaigned for this when they were winning. Not when they've just been relegated and barely won for the last few months.

I live in Cardiff and I can assure you they have been campaigning since the very first announcement that they would play in red. The issue with getting Tan to change his mind was everything was going Tan's way, they were getting promoted to the Prem, the plastic fans were attending to see the Premiership teams so proper Cardiff fans not showing up didn't impact the club in the slightest and many younger fans with no sense of tradition were wearing red because all they knew was their club now played in red and were a Premiership team.

I hate the bulls*** spouted by our fans sometimes, talking that whole "Our fans wouldn't wear blue!" if it happened to our club.... bulls***, our younger fans would wear blue if our colours were changed and we'd made it into the Premiership with a new stadium etc The older lot like myself and probably a lot of you would obviously be livid and feel like we'd lost our identity but if the ownership said "tough s***" the only option we would have would be to do what many of the Cardiff fans did, wear blue and campaign.

I say fair play to them, I didn't expect Tan to back down but I think seeing the team slump and the sudden realisation that it's not a case of throw money at it and we'll be back in the Prem has made Tan realise he needs the fans to back the team and reinstating the blue is a sure fire way to get the fans behind the team. Tan is the exact type of owner no club wants but let's face it, the fans can't pick and choose their owner, you get what you're given and we're just lucky our owner is a City fan as well as an owner.

Interesting one, would be pleased for their fans but they're Cardiff.

On a side note, "Crapdiff"?! That's awful, up there with "Florest", "Swindle" and "Palarse" in embarrassing playground team names. Makes me cringe!

Off topic yes, but I completely agree. Crapdiff... Florist... Really? Never got the "Colin Sextoy" thing either?? Or did I just miss something there?

The Shit / Gurt Shitheads are also pretty bad, and Trashton Gate? Yeah... Good one that...

I hate the bulls*** spouted by our fans sometimes, talking that whole "Our fans wouldn't wear blue!" if it happened to our club.... bulls***, our younger fans would wear blue if our colours were changed and we'd made it into the Premier League with a new stadium etc The older lot like myself and probably a lot of you would obviously be livid and feel like we'd lost our identity but if the ownership said "tough s***" the only option we would have would be to do what many of the Cardiff fans did, wear blue and campaign.

Absolute rubbish, living in Cardiff has turned you into a soft touch as well.

Bristol City fans would not have let it happen in the first place.

Cardiff had 10 years of warnings before Tan came in.

Sam Hamman and Peter Risdale were welcomed with open arms by Cardiff fans,whilst us this side of the bridge warned them they were both con men.

They wouldn't listen until it was to late,then fell for an even bigger con man in Tan.

So don't try and tell me that we would have done the same as Cardiff fans,we wouldn't.

That's a completely unnecessary attack on Cardiffblacklabel. He's made it quite clear the club didn't get a penny from him while they played in red, which therefore means both before and after the Premier League season. For that he has my respect.

What I don't have time for are the Cardiff fans on my Facebook feed today celebrating their return to blue, who previously bought red shirts and thought nothing of it.

Plenty of Cardiff fans did accept the rebrand in exchange for a shot at the top division and they deserve no sympathy or credit at all for yesterday's decision. However quite clearly cardiffblacklabel isn't one of them , and I don't see why you feel the need to accuse him.

That's right. 

I hate Cardiff as much as anybody else, but CBL is a sensible poster, and a decent bloke.

Nobody cares. Don't recall one thread when they got relegated last season. Rovers will always be our only rivals.

Wrong many of us regard the sheepshaggers as our true rivals. The blue two havent been rivals for ****** years....non league shite.

Nope, he has been on here on the wind-up many times in the past, including the period that they were red, but came looking for sympathy once it all went embarrassingly tits-up for them as a club and him as a fan. Clearly my memory of his posts in the past is better than yours is.

For context; I have a few Cardiff pals and associates and the ones who took the red lying down got laughed at, but the one single fan who wrapped it in the moment they rebranded got my sympathy and support for his stance, so I'm not averse to supporting CCFC fans in their quest for a return to blue.

Bit late to the party here granted, but find it a bit weird why a Cardiff supporter would be coming on to our site on the day of their mighty 'victory'? Just wondering like.........anyhow, 'you used to be blue' will forever remain in the memory and I look forward to a rendition at Lego Land next season

I live in Cardiff and I can assure you they have been campaigning since the very first announcement that they would play in red. The issue with getting Tan to change his mind was everything was going Tan's way, they were getting promoted to the Prem, the plastic fans were attending to see the Premier League teams so proper Cardiff fans not showing up didn't impact the club in the slightest and many younger fans with no sense of tradition were wearing red because all they knew was their club now played in red and were a Premier League team.

I hate the bulls*** spouted by our fans sometimes, talking that whole "Our fans wouldn't wear blue!" if it happened to our club.... bulls***, our younger fans would wear blue if our colours were changed and we'd made it into the Premier League with a new stadium etc The older lot like myself and probably a lot of you would obviously be livid and feel like we'd lost our identity but if the ownership said "tough s***" the only option we would have would be to do what many of the Cardiff fans did, wear blue and campaign.

I say fair play to them, I didn't expect Tan to back down but I think seeing the team slump and the sudden realisation that it's not a case of throw money at it and we'll be back in the Prem has made Tan realise he needs the fans to back the team and reinstating the blue is a sure fire way to get the fans behind the team. Tan is the exact type of owner no club wants but let's face it, the fans can't pick and choose their owner, you get what you're given and we're just lucky our owner is a City fan as well as an owner.

I accept that a number of supporters were against the rebrand and stopped attending from the start - and fair play to them.

Regarding your comment "Proper Cardiff fans not showing up didn't impact the club in the slightest"...your average attendances during the last days of Ninian Park were around 12k (source wikipedia). Given your limited success during that period, there wouldn't have been many so-called " plastic" fans in that number. Therefore, we can assume those 12k to be "proper" fans. So are you asking me to believe that 12k not showing up every week wouldn't have had any impact on the club? Of course it would. The fact is that the vast majority of your "proper" supporters continued to attend. And by continuing to attend you were putting money in Tan's pocket and effectively supporting his regime. Thus the rebrand was a sacrifice they were willing to make for the premier league pot of gold. But when the dream turned sour and they found themselves back in midtable championship obscurity, suddenly the "back to blue" campaign gathered momentum and attendances began to dwindle. Funny that.

And this is why I have no sympathy for the vast majority of your supporters. What has just happened this week has proved that had they stood up for themselves from the start, they could have been back in blue a lot sooner.

Archived