IGNORED

Prostituted

NickJ

The only thing I saw yesterday anywhere near to prostitution was the WAG (guessing one of the Wham boys missus) stood outside the Williams VIP entrance smoking a fag dressed in leather trousers, a fur coat and smothered in fake tan... :D

That was David Sullivan

Let the fun begin.. In response to the east end ultras flag being removed

"I'm happy to clear this one up.

Your flag contained the word 'Ultras" and was prominently displayed, on national television, in front of 8 million people. There is a proven and established connection between some European Ultra groups and far right extremism, racism, fascism and organised hooliganism. BCFC wants to make it very clear that it rejects any such association, and that those in favour of using violence in the name of Bristol City FC are not wanted at Ashton Gate. They bring shame on the club and our City. I am sure that the vast majority of ours supporters will agree with this.

I am sure this reply will generate a long and passionate response from some supporters, claiming that the UK Ultra scene has no connection with these groups, and that they are more about generating passionate support, flags, banners, atmosphere etc. This may well be the case, but the association is still there in most people's minds and is not one we welcome. Flags are welcome, as is vocal and passionate support, but not the word Ultras.

This is not about 'suits' versus the people. It's about BCFC (and Bristol Sport) making a very clear statement about its values. We are a family club who welcome everyone to Ashton Gate, young and old, and encourages support in all its varied forms, providing it stays within the law.

For that reason, the word 'Ultras' has no place at Ashton Gate.

I look forward to the ensuing debate."

Your flag contained the word 'Ultras" and was prominently displayed, on national television, in front of 8 million people. There is a proven and established connection between some European Ultra groups and far right extremism, racism, fascism and organised hooliganism. BCFC wants to make it very clear that it rejects any such association, and that those in favour of using violence in the name of Bristol City FC are not wanted at Ashton Gate. They bring shame on the club and our City. I am sure that the vast majority of ours supporters will agree with this.

I am sure this reply will generate a long and passionate response from some supporters, claiming that the UK Ultra scene has no connection with these groups, and that they are more about generating passionate support, flags, banners, atmosphere etc. This may well be the case, but the association is still there in most people's minds and is not one we welcome. Flags are welcome, as is vocal and passionate support, but not the word Ultras.

This is not about 'suits' versus the people. It's about BCFC (and Bristol Sport) making a very clear statement about its values. We are a family club who welcome everyone to Ashton Gate, young and old, and encourages support in all its varied forms, providing it stays within the law.

I had a feeling about that,

While it is a fact that some ultra groups are linked to the far right, I know of none in the country that are linked,

Maybe the club should promote it on the basis of strong and passionate support rather then Eastern europian teams with links to the far right (like the ones in the ukraine who are fighting a bloody war with russian backed sepratists and are seen as heroes)

Its just a word and shouldn't of been taken down full stop

Good to see Dave's openness and honesty.

There you have it. The club don't want a group of City supporters styling themselves as "ultras". I've noted that the club have done absolutely nothing to encourage further links with Willem II. And I've wondered why.

It seems to be that whilst there's a vocal group on here and formerly in the East End who want to express their support in the same way that the more exuberant fans on the continent do, the club don't want to be part of that.

Maybe for the first time that is now abundantly clear.

Robbored, on 25 Jan 2015 - 8:31 PM, said:

Steve Lansdown said on BBC TV before today's game that he had visited Barcelona Nue Camp and was impressed by the way the football club had encompassed pretty much all the sports within that wonderful City. SL saw that template as a an ideal one for our wonderful City.

Hence Bristol Sport.

Personally I think it's a brilliant conception and am 100% behind the idea despite the fact I Have a limited understanding about the rules of rugby or basketball for that matter.

100% agree with all the above.

Whilst I am not a detractor of the Bristol City/Bristol Sport way forward.........this is getting a bit silly now.

Maybe we should also remove the word "Bristol" due to its association with slavery

A few days ago a lot of people on here were saying they were going to throw the scarves on the pitch, I didn't see one. Just shows the people on the forum aren't representative of the supporters going to the matches. Everyone around us was wearing their free scarves and having a good time. Can't believe people can get so upset about being given a free gift.

Good to see Dave's openness and honesty.

There you have it. The club don't want a group of City supporters styling themselves as "ultras". I've noted that the club have done absolutely nothing to encourage further links with Willem II. And I've wondered why.

It seems to be that whilst there's a vocal group on here and formerly in the East End who want to express their support in the same way that the more exuberant fans on the continent do, the club don't want to be part of that.

Maybe for the first time that is now abundantly clear.

There was a Willem II flag in Dolman B.

Dave L has not been open and honest because flags featuring the now offensive and non pc description "ultra" were a feature of the Eastend.

These flags were considered to be formerly acceptable by BCFC.

It is BS making a statement about their values, and how its customers will continue their "support".

What is acceptable at a Borussia Dortmund or Palace or Liverpool is unacceptable to BS - Their vision is a middle class theatre. An unhealthy stance.

Well, if that is their vision then they should come out and say it. Wouldn't bother me.

I've been watching City for 45 years and, let's be honest, despite best efforts the atmosphere has usually more "middle class theatre" than Kop. To be fair Dortmund and Liverpool have a better tradition of demonstrative support than almost another team in the world.

Yesterday I thought the scarf initiative - a corporate thing if ever there was one - looked great. Every bit as good as anything organised by supporters and not so different to that thing they do at Palace, which to me looks every bit as contrived as the scarf waving.

A load of over exaggerated PC clap trap.

Ultras and the atmosphere they bring are not wanted at the Gate, but Premier League teams and their bubble machines are.

anyone who found the flag offensive needs there head looking at imo'

if it had a swstika on it then by all means take it down and away from ashton gate,

but East End Ultras (which was on display for ages at the back of the east end) isn't offensive, it doesn't mean we've been taken over by facisits ether,

take the right wing and vilonce away from it and it stands for pasonate group of supporters (which is how I see it),

• Admin

Maybe a bit naive here, but can someone explain what Bristol Sport actually do?

Are they basically looking after the commercial side of the affiliated sports etc?

I see there name mentioned more and more around the ground, but how are they benefiting us?

Are they basically looking after the commercial side of the affiliated sports etc?

I see there name mentioned more and more around the ground, but how are they benefiting us?

Well precisely what you say in the first sentence, as I understand it they also remove a lot of overheads from all the sports by putting the administration and cost of ground maintenance etc under their banner. I guess it's like any business merger in that respect. The over reaction to it on here is quite incredible, we have been given horror story after horror story about how it will destroy the club we love, so far non of which has been proved true.

As Steve said yesterday it's main aim is to put Bristol on the map as a City that embraces all sports, the worry for me is I don't want my football bracketed with Rugby Netball, Gymnastics or whatever, football is unique with a unique type of supporter that is perfectly demonstrated on here!! ;)

Isn't Man City owned by some parent company which owns other football clubs, New York, and Melbourne or Sydney?

Isn't Brstol Sport just doing a dummed down version of this and incorporating various sports with Bristol connections? As long as the Gas are never invited, pretty sure they can't be under FA rules anyway, where's the harm.

If one stadium can house several sports, one training ground used more often and one ticketing system fits all then more money can be ploughed into it's teams instead of all the duplicate waste? Or have I got this wrong?

Jesus Christ.

anyone who found the flag offensive needs there head looking at imo'

take the right wing and vilonce away from it and it stands for pasonate group of supporters (which is how I see it),

Hmm, I guess you could say take the right wing & violence out of the Nazi Party and it stood for some pretty great motorways...

Seriously, people think that "Bristol Sport" is the one running football for them?? You need to refocus, Sky has ruined football, cancel your subscriptions if you are against corporate greed in football.

West Ham, a side that have won nothing whatsoever since the 1980's, flew to Bristol for this game, flew, about 100 miles!! In a private plane with monogrammed head covers. And Sako had a bad back so they hired him a limo because he was too poorly to fly...trips like that don't come from a few jazz mags & Dvd's, they come from everyone that watches the premiership, the darts and the F1.

If people don't want to see a club built that wants to compete, then choose a local non league side, because cock ups or not, Bristol Sport is the only thing preventing Bristol City being a local non league side and I, for one, am pretty relaxed about it learning on the job.

Hmm, I guess you could say take the right wing & violence out of the Nazi Party and it stood for some pretty great motorways...

Seriously, people think that "Bristol Sport" is the one running football for them?? You need to refocus, Sky has ruined football, cancel your subscriptions if you are against corporate greed in football.

West Ham, a side that have won nothing whatsoever since the 1980's, flew to Bristol for this game, flew, about 100 miles!! In a private plane with monogrammed head covers. And Sako had a bad back so they hired him a limo because he was too poorly to fly...trips like that don't come from a few jazz mags & Dvd's, they come from everyone that watches the Premier League, the darts and the F1.

If people don't want to see a club built that wants to compete, then choose a local non league side, because cock ups or not, Bristol Sport is the only thing preventing Bristol City being a local non league side and I, for one, am pretty relaxed about it learning on the job.

never a truer word spoken sadly cancelling your subscription isn't an option because all the best TV is on sky,

• Admin

Surely that is down to Steve Lansdown?

He was here before BS, and everything developing around us at the moment was set up long before BS was

I watched the game back last night and saw the comments about the trip to Barcelona etc, but one massive thing that Steve missed is that all the other sides were called Barcelona too, there is no Catalunya Sport overseeing all of them.....

It's the little things that still appear to be got wrong, just this weekend we had the bubble machine fiasco, then we get the "free" scarves (funnily the ones in all the media releases before the game were different to the ones given out), and then something as simple as the banner below - why is it blue?

10929940_10152728921918790_5311050172296

East End Ultras Flag removed because it's offensive?

My first thought was 'someone must have hacked into DLs account'. No one in their right mind would make such a statement. As someone with a financial/personal profile that no doubt fits perfectly with Bristol Sports target consumer audience can I just say that I have absolutely no problem with the word 'Ultra'. To me, the term infers young, passionate supporters - just those that are needed to bring atmosphere to what would be a soulless stadia.

However, it's all starting to add up, spurious reasons to justify no unreserved areas, questions on 'how do we manufacture an atmosphere', Bubblegate, now this.

Can we please spend a bit of the Stadium improvement money on sending the Bristol Sport 'men in suits' on a football fan customer awareness course? Shocking.

Foam hands at the ready.

Archived