IGNORED

The Official Bristol City V Gillingham Match Day Thread

The onus was for Gillingham to attack us and they had a good go without us ever really getting out of second gear. All we had to do was mop up and soak up the pressure having done a decent job up at their place. We looked like we were playing on the back of a hard game on Sunday, which we were. The football was poles apart.

Don't want to be too critical but even with just a couple of changes we did look so much weaker. I was concerned about Matt Smith in his first two games but that didn't turn out too badly, so I'd like to say how concerned I am about Tavernier. Mark Little need not be concerned though.

I thought Cotts called it pretty spot on, we weren't particularly good tonight and perhaps Sunday took more out of them than people might think.

Had Gillingham scored a 2nd when they were on top from 30-60 mins then it could have got very nervy, as our intensity and rhythm had totally gone at that point.

The Smith injury stoppage was actually a blessing in disguise, as it gave us a few minutes to regroup and we looked a lot more comfortable after that and saw the game out with few alarms, if anything looking the far more likely side to score.

Thought City played well.

Some superb moments from Jet - so unfortunate not to score - and a real old fashioned strikers goal from Smith.

Freeman and Hoyte both went for the ball, unfortunate that Freeman caught him, but no intent and a yellow the right decision. Hoyte was also going in extremely hard.

The commentators later made a big thing of it ( 'studs raking down the shin' etc.) but failed to similarly berate the Gillingham player for a similar stud raking of Ayling's shin earlier.

Gillingham have got a few good players and Cotts. has had ample opportunities to evaluate them over the last few months.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's interested in one or two.

• Like 1

You forgot The Red Lion !

I have been away for a long time and, apart from the Sandringham (nice fish and chips on a Friday lunchtime) and the Lamb (quiet pint with my father), I have not been back to any of those pubs for several years; and certainly not to the Beaufort - awful pub!

Whatever. Shame about your wasted ticket, although obviously tragic about the poor motorcyclist.