IGNORED

Best Players In The Worle

AshtonGreat

Random topic I know, and slightly Thatchers-inspired, but as I was walking home from the pub I remembered in about 1989-90, whenever a City player was interviewed, it always mentioned that they lived in Worle. I didn't realise Worle was so nice! Anyway, the point of this thread (if you can call it that) is that you never really hear much about the players' lives these days. They probably still live in Worle!

I've lived close to Worle and believe me it's gone downhill. When it was a village it was nice and 'quaint', now not so much.

Don't the players generally live in Portishead these days?

I don't think I've ever been to Worle. It's near Weston isn't it? Now Portishead is nice. Wouldn't mind living there

Yeah next to W-s-M.

It was nice in its day but has been over-run by massive housing estates.

Yet another village swallowed by planning applications generated and fulfilled by people who don't live there.

Don't get me going or I'll be banned.

Portishead doesn't do anything for me, the players and club find it convenient though.

Random topic I know, and slightly Thatchers-inspired, but as I was walking home from the pub I remembered in about 1989-90, whenever a City player was interviewed, it always mentioned that they lived in Worle. I didn't realise Worle was so nice! Anyway, the point of this thread (if you can call it that) is that you never really hear much about the players' lives these days. They probably still live in Worle!

In the 70s, a significant number of players lived in Backwell, Nailsea and Long Ashton. 

I grew up in Portishead in the seventies and eighties and loads of players of the time lived there. Mind you, it was about half the size it is now.

My mum now lives in Worle. It's alright. Like Portishead, I expect is was better in the old days.

Can't believe I'm referring to the eighties as the 'old days'... :-O

I have seen a couple of players in ports said both past and present. not sure on how many though, this is a sizable place now.

Liam Kelly lived by the marina.  Fontaine, Stead and Maynard were round there somewhere too.  I think Marv might have done but not sure.

Sounds the place to live if you are going to get transferred....................

Liam Kelly lived by the marina.  Fontaine, Stead and Maynard were round there somewhere too.  I think Marv might have done but not sure.

Sounds the place to live if you are going to get transferred....................

marv lived next door to my sister on the marina,

Cisse lived there too

I'm sure in the early 70s Stockwood was the area of choice.

I can think of a couple who lived there too.

I may be wrong, but I can remember no Port-Zed based players back in those days.

I haven't been there for decades, but I believe it now has a "marinal" and gert boats everywhere. That might've lured them to the coast.

Archived