IGNORED

Whos Got The Balls Then

Between heaven and hell

Monday April 6th

Swindon Town at home

If they think they can ban the Ultra flag let's give them a day to remember.

I call on all City fans if you agree with the Ultra concept bring a flag along bearing the words Bristol City Ultra's on it.

Remember this is about atmosphere and freedom of speech, we will not be told what we can and can't do in our ground by Bristol Sport.

By the way I am not a member of any group be it Bristol Sport or CSF orientated, I am a totally pissed off bloke that is fed up with being told what to do.

Choose a new name, an original name that isn't copying European super fans. Create something from this episode that is culturally significant to our own club and move on.

From the Parkend Ultras and Ultra fanzine in the nineties to the anglocized ideas in the Eastend post 2007 it can be argued that the term is more culturally significant to what was our club than BS is.

Move on. One of our best seasons for years and the feel-good factor is back - some people (especially city fans) are not happy unless they have something to get angry about!

Before saying move on my friend just remember we are all supporting the same team, achieving the atmosphere we all want ala palace etc, we will only improve the situation.

Ah, did the big bully men take your big flag away? Seriously, grown men (I assume) going mental over a flag. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Not sure if you are just being flippant Dave,but do the people who are mocking this not see the bigger picture? No use of the world "Ultra", special painted boxes for flag holders,Hi-viz jackets.What's next?I asked a few days ago for any evidence of any kind of wrongdoing in the EastEnd during the time it was reopened and haven't been given a single example.The ex-EE fans just want to enjoy their football as they used to. Why do people on here seem to be so against their fellow fans supporting City in the way they enjoy.We are all City!

Ah, did the big bully men take your big flag away? Seriously, grown men (I assume) going mental over a flag. Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Very helpful Dave.

Could you list maybe 5 things that are integral to your enjoyment at AG?

Then tell us which ones you wouldn't like banned without consultation?

Not sure if you are just being flippant Dave,but do the people who are mocking this not see the bigger picture? No use of the world "Ultra", special painted boxes for flag holders,Hi-viz jackets.What's next?I asked a few days ago for any evidence of any kind of wrongdoing in the EastEnd during the time it was reopened and haven't been given a single example.The ex-EE fans just want to enjoy their football as they used to. Why do people on here seem to be so against their fellow fans supporting City in the way they enjoy.We are all City!

Me personally.....I am actually in agreement with you guys, and support you.  What I think shoots your argument in the foot is when you have certain members on dishing out abuse to the people who are running our club, Im sure I read one poster call them "spineless tosspots".

For some reason Dave Llloyd has withdrew from this forum.....probally under instruction from his bosses....but no doubt a major factor was the abuse and constant jibes he got on here

Very helpful Dave.

Could you list maybe 5 things that are integral to your enjoyment at AG?

Then tell us which ones you wouldn't like banned without consultation?

Well it's certainly not looking at flags! I expect when I take my boy in a couple of years he might like the flags though.

Five integral things are

1. Pint before the game

2. Catching up with mates

3. Watching an attractive style of play

4. Atmosphere

5. Players putting in effort

Nothing on flags or sweets or coca cola.

Pretty sure they can't ban any of my favourite things.

Me personally.....I am actually in agreement with you guys, and support you. What I think shoots your argument in the foot is when you have certain members on dishing out abuse to the people who are running our club, Im sure I read one poster call them "spineless tosspots".

For some reason Dave Llloyd has withdrew from this forum.....probally under instruction from his bosses....but no doubt a major factor was the abuse and constant jibes he got on here

I agree Andy.I don't think throwing insults around will get anyone anywhere.I think Dave Lloyd is a decent honest bloke who wanted to interact with the fans. It seems to me that recently,for whatever reason, he has been more and more toeing the party line.I know he is a club employee, but as liaison officer I feel he should have come across as more neutral.I do wish him all the best though.

Good effort RedDave. You've clearly selected elements that can't be objectified within the stadium.

Lets say you enjoyed a pint in the Dolman and they decided to stop selling alcohol because users of the Dolman might be like those trouble makers we see on our streets of a Friday night.

My point is a very obvious one. If something matters to you and it is removed without any dialogue or right of reply then you've a right to feel aggrieved.

You clearly feel you have the right to belittle the flags. Yes, indeed you have the right to do that. Hopefully that's never taken away from you.

Archived