IGNORED

Whos Got The Balls Then

Between heaven and hell

Monday April 6th

Swindon Town at home

If they think they can ban the Ultra flag let's give them a day to remember.

I call on all City fans if you agree with the Ultra concept bring a flag along bearing the words Bristol City Ultra's on it.

Remember this is about atmosphere and freedom of speech, we will not be told what we can and can't do in our ground by Bristol Sport.

By the way I am not a member of any group be it Bristol Sport or CSF orientated, I am a totally pissed off bloke that is fed up with being told what to do.

Je Suis Ultras.

Organise this an I will die a happy man.

WE ARE THE PEOPLE

Expand it, it's tied in with the Against Modern Football Movement.

I have a well connected AFC Wimbledon mate who I'm sure, with explanation, would orchestrate a Je Suis Ultras day on 6th April up there. I'm sure we have mates all around the country who feel the same about the way things are going, even gas heads.

The serious thing to do would be to stop paying for tickets and stop Sky Sports subscription, of course. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Given the global market, the ultimation is to re-form our own clubs.

In the mean time you may as well liken it to entertainment at the cinema, all personal passion will be eventually quashed.

Je Suis Ultras

Something needs to give.

Let them turn up with their "Ultra" flags, it will be embarrassing for them ! 20-30 fans max barely noticed. This sort of action from grown men is actually quite laughable. The way they are going on, I suggest you change your name to Bristol City Diva's, as your acting more like a bunch of women who don't get their own way. Don't forget when you bring your flags, to leave your prams outside the gate with all your teddies in it, as we don't really need those on the pitch as well. Ta

I have a well connected AFC Wimbledon mate who I'm sure, with explanation, would orchestrate a Je Suis Ultras day on 6th April up there. I'm sure we have mates all around the country who feel the same about the way things are going, even gas heads.

The serious thing to do would be to stop paying for tickets and stop Sky Sports subscription, of course. But Rome wasn't built in a day. Given the global market, the ultimation is to re-form our own clubs.

In the mean time you may as well liken it to entertainment at the cinema, all personal passion will be eventually quashed.

Je Suis Ultras

Something needs to give.

What a bloody imbecile.

What a bloody imbecile.

Just looked up the word, my understanding is 'a stupid person'.

A fault of mine is over-thinking but a stupid person doesn't have the capability to do that, do they?

However, I will not quit due to actual personal abuse (as differentiated by 'people saying things I don't like in a Country that fought for its right to freedom of speech).

Care to dignify me with your thoughts, or just insult me further?

Je Suis Ultras

Something needs to give.

All for a bloody flag?! Forgive me for not 'getting' this but the whole thing is bizarre.

All for a bloody flag?! Forgive me for not 'getting' this but the whole thing is bizarre.

Have you not heard of " give an inch and they will take a mile" ? or "thin end of a wedge" its a football game and things that were ok yesterday shouldn't be changed over night and for no reason at all really.

The matchday exp is being chipped away at many fans don't like that, others bury their heads in the sand and ignore whats going on around them.

Have you not heard of " give an inch and they will take a mile" ? or "thin end of a wedge" its a football game and things that were ok yesterday shouldn't be changed over night and for no reason at all really.

The matchday exp is being chipped away at many fans don't like that, others bury their heads in the sand and ignore whats going on around them.

The First World War was triggered by one man being shot.

Solihull cider red, I will not rush into responding to your interesting post without due thought.

Seriously?! The overreaction is unbelievable. You people are talking about the club as if they're some horrible dictator. Like I've said before, the club have explained their reasoning for this, its not like they've just banned flags all together. They've banned a word with (albeit tenious) links to facism. You may not agree, I may not agree and that's fair enough but the drama from some of you is embarrassing.

The First World War was triggered by one man being shot.

Solihull cider red, I will not rush into responding to your interesting post without due thought.

Cheers - I'm interested to know more!

Purely tongue in cheek, one could respond with:

WW2 came about as a reaction to one groups' crusade which was driven by the fear of being swallowed up by communism

(I am aware this group and it's ideas were driven by a nutter not in anyway related to ultras)

Don't want to open up to trading metaphors though I am only joking! [emoji6]

Okay , lets try this

What would your thoughts be if BS took the step to ban songs about drinking cider , or banning any flags with "cider" referenced on them, due to not wanting the club being associated with substance abuse

Would your thoughts still be the same?

Okay , lets try this

What would your thoughts be if BS took the step to ban songs about drinking cider , or banning any flags with "cider" referenced on them, due to not wanting the club being associated with substance abuse

Would your thoughts still be the same?

Is anyone seriously suggesting that references to cider are going to be banned?

Of course not. 

Seriously?! The overreaction is unbelievable. You people are talking about the club as if they're some horrible dictator. Like I've said before, the club have explained their reasoning for this, its not like they've just banned flags all together. They've banned a word with (albeit tenious) links to facism. You may not agree, I may not agree and that's fair enough but the drama from some of you is embarrassing.

They've banned a word that they used, previously, in their promotion. They've lied about legislation. No one has explained who made these decisions. The lack of transparency and level of manipulation is not conductive to a healthy football club.

Whilst things are going well on the pitch or even if they're not, not being a mite concerned about the direction our club is going in strikes me as ill conceived. The club is being bank rolled by a billionaire currently, so dictatorship is the price of that.

It seems to me lots of folk are happy to aspire to be the next whoever at the cooperate expense of the actual essence of our identity.

When we're washed up as another also ran premier league team, watched by fashion victims who will soon disappear should things go tits up, we will be as we were before only with less of our pride intact. Please see Cardiff.

Think it is a storm but the questions of who is making the calls, what their motives are and exactly what direction the club is going in have been asked for years.

Seems we want to be the next cooperate sell-out to me. Knowing our luck, by then football will have fallen out of fashion.

Why not take the opportunity to make this an authentic people's club, as far as possible?

Cheers - I'm interested to know more!

Purely tongue in cheek, one could respond with:

WW2 came about as a reaction to one groups' crusade which was driven by the fear of being swallowed up by communism

(I am aware this group and it's ideas were driven by a nutter not in anyway related to ultras)

Don't want to open up to trading metaphors though I am only joking! [emoji6]

You have chucked up some very good points, it'll take time to digest. Please see my post just now, though.

Are people here seriously trying to deny that the word "ultras" in a footballing context, doesn't have direct links to the hooligan element amongst many European clubs. It does. Plain and simple.

Why not understand what the club are (IMO correctly concerned about) and create something new...?

A new word and new group that goes away from the "ultras" culture which is nigh on mafia based at most clubs where it exists and develop something rather than copy what others do.

I'm I alone in finding the whole "ultra" thing cringeworthy..?

Is anyone seriously suggesting that references to cider are going to be banned?

Of course not.

I don't think you quite understand what I (and many others) are trying to say. You are looking at this in terms of just one flag and one word, not the wider implications of giving BS free reign to dictate the matchday experience for Bristol City fans

The argument is not about one guys flag. It's a much larger picture, about freedom of expression on the terraces for supporters. If you don't stand up against the small things, the big things will inevitably follow.

Are people here seriously trying to deny that the word "ultras" in a footballing context, doesn't have direct links to the hooligan element amongst many European clubs. It does. Plain and simple.

The following also have links to a hooligan element at football matches:

- standing

- singing

- swearing

- consuming alcohol before and after games

Thoughts? Time to ban those as well?

The following also have links to a hooligan element at football matches:

- standing

- singing

- swearing

- consuming alcohol before and after games

Thoughts? Time to ban those as well?

Those things hardly have an exclusive and direct link to football hooligan groups do they. That actually makes your argument sound very childish.

It's like saying Hitler ate food, so we are all basically Nazis.

The free speech arguement doesn't hold much weight either. It is one proven word that they want to rid from the club. Or do you think people should still be allowed to chant racist abuse at black players..?

Why not understand what the club are (IMO correctly concerned about) and create something new...?

A new word and new group that goes away from the "ultras" culture which is nigh on mafia based at most clubs where it exists and develop something rather than copy what others do.

I'm I alone in finding the whole "ultra" thing cringeworthy..?

Creating something new, yes.

Denying the people the right to do their thing (one they previously ok'ey ;) ) whether you approve or not now (Ultras in this context is not mafia based, btw ;) talk about drama!) is horribly patronising, manipulative and controlling. Not understanding the actual context or being overly concerned by image it gives also shows the decision maker's ignorance. Making some dog and bull explanation about the derby, whilst remaining behind a phantom sheet of 'Bristol Sport' doesn't harbour relations either.

Our very own fans liaison officer has stopped his Q&A fan's internet forum because he didn't like the questions being asked (although non-evidenced 'personal abuse' was the official line. Something that could continue via e-mail incidentally).

Smile because we're winning but please don't dismiss BullShit when you smell it :)

Those things hardly have an exclusive and direct link to football hooligan groups do they. That actually makes your argument sound very childish.

It's like saying Hitler ate food, so we are all basically Nazis.

The free speech arguement doesn't hold much weight either. It is one proven word that they want to rid from the club. Or do you think people should still be allowed to chant racist abuse at black players..?

I cant seem to comprehend this post without chuckling as its borderline ridiculous. Your racist abuse comments tops it as I've never seen any in my time of supporting City home & away.

Why now? Why not 8 years ago when the word was on a flag coming into the ground? Ultras groups in Europe have been around for some time now... longer than 8 years I believe. The word has no bearing in this country with extreme political views, its just a word.

Anyway I hope Bristol Sport will publicly condemn other fans movement around the country then? Otherwise its just a complete farce.

Archived