IGNORED

Whos Got The Balls Then

Between heaven and hell

Creating something new, yes.

Denying the people the right to do their thing (one they previously ok'ey ;) ) whether you approve or not now (Ultras in this context is not mafia based, btw ;) talk about drama!) is horribly patronising, manipulative and controlling. Not understanding the actual context or being overly concerned by image it gives also shows the decision maker's ignorance. Making some dog and bull explanation about the derby, whilst remaining behind a phantom sheet of 'Bristol Sport' doesn't harbour relations either.

Our very own fans liaison officer has stopped his Q&A fan's internet forum because he didn't like the questions being asked (although non-evidenced 'personal abuse' was the official line. Something that could continue via e-mail incidentally).

Smile because we're winning but please don't dismiss BullShit when you smell it :)

Ok , so what is it you actually want...?

Seriously?! The overreaction is unbelievable. You people are talking about the club as if they're some horrible dictator. Like I've said before, the club have explained their reasoning for this, its not like they've just banned flags all together. They've banned a word with (albeit tenious) links to facism. You may not agree, I may not agree and that's fair enough but the drama from some of you is embarrassing.

a word that has been acceptable and encouraged the week/month/year before, no notice given and just after the pathetic climb down  excuse for the bubble machine; again nothing would have happened if the fans didn't voice there opposition to it.

Obviously not pushed some fans far enough...yet.......give it time change is indeed coming.

Things move on fella ,like football itself it has to evolve or we would still be stuck in the 80's &

nobody wants that....do they..?

Mate, I fully understand the need to embrace the modern age. Getting tickets to people by post on time for match day, better still utilising the e-ticket facility available would be a clear benefit (cynical here, admittedly). Lying, bullshitting around, not being transparent/admitting being a little out of touch etc are elements being challenged.

Underestimating our pride and intelligence is not going to be tolerated. Please see them poor sag heads as an example of a supporter group who are paying for not putting their foot down.

Mate, I fully understand the need to embrace the modern age. Getting tickets to people by post on time for match day, better still utilising the e-ticket facility available would be a clear benefit (cynical here, admittedly). Lying, bullshitting around, not being transparent/admitting being a little out of touch etc are elements being challenged.

Underestimating our pride and intelligence is not going to be tolerated. Please see them poor sag heads as an example of a supporter group who are paying for not putting their foot down.

Good luck ...

Good luck ...

In recent times the ridiculous bubble machine decision was over turned, I was at the meeting when Steve Lansdown re-opened the East End. There have been initiatives from the club to 'bridge the gap' etc meaning they understand, or did, that there is discontent.

I may be naive, the security and H&S at AG re flags etc have been particularly see you next Tuesdayish but despite their ignorance on certain issues and the fact we are winning meaning the majority are currently happy, I don't see SL as a stupid or spiteful man.

I dare to dream of a very unique and successful football club but certain stuff does need saying.

The First World War was triggered by one man being shot.

Solihull cider red, I will not rush into responding to your interesting post without due thought.

No, it wasn't

Four underlying causes of war

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand signalled the rapid slide into world war, but this wasn't the only cause. There were underlying causes in the run-up to the First World War.

In the 1930s, historians argued that there were four underlying long-term causes of the First World War:

• Nationalism - the belief that your country is better than others. This made nations assertive and aggressive.
  • Imperialism - the desire to conquer colonies, especially in Africa. This brought the powers into conflict - Germany wanted an empire. France and Britain already had empires.
  • Militarism (Arms Race) - the attempt to build up a strong army and navy gave nations the means and will to make war.
  • Alliances - in 1882, Germany, Austria-Hungary and Italy formed the Triple Alliance. This alarmed, France, Britain and Russia. By 1907, they had all joined the Triple Entente. Europe was divided into two armed camps, to help each other if there was a war.

If you look a little deeper, then the Franco-Prussian War of 1870 also affected the relationship between France and Germany.

No, it wasn't

Four underlying causes of war

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand signalled the rapid slide into world war, but this wasn't the only cause. There were underlying causes in the run-up to the First World War.

In the 1930s, historians argued that there were four underlying long-term causes of the First World War:

• Nationalism - the belief that your country is better than others. This made nations assertive and aggressive.
  • Imperialism - the desire to conquer colonies, especially in Africa. This brought the powers into conflict - Germany wanted an empire. France and Britain already had empires.
  • Militarism (Arms Race) - the attempt to build up a strong army and navy gave nations the means and will to make war.
  • Alliances - in 1882, Germany, Austria-Hungary and Italy formed the Triple Alliance. This alarmed, France, Britain and Russia. By 1907, they had all joined the Triple Entente. Europe was divided into two armed camps, to help each other if there was a war.
If you look a little deeper, then the Franco-Prussian War of 1870 affected the relationship between France and Germany.

Oh - the point. It just isn't that simple.

There were underlying causes that triggered Je Suis Ultras. Like Franz Ferdinand, Ultras isn't the definitive issue. That is exactly the point.

No.

I think that if you have a clear objective in mind, it will be easier to get what you want.

Just what is it that you want to do?

We wanna be free, we wanna be free to do what we wanna do

And we wanna get loaded and we wanna have a good time

That's what we're gonna do, no way, baby, let's go

We're gonna have a good time, we're gonna have a party

Archived