IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

I suspect this will be another example of the difference between law and justice:

The laws will say that WHU broke FIFA rules but not FA ones.  They player was correctly registered to them and therefore, as far as the FA Cup is concerned, there is no wrongdoing and therefore nothing to punish and no claim for compensation.

Justice would take into account we were just 10 minutes from a VERY lucrative replay when someone who should have been elsewhere scored the only goal and so denied us said replay.

Lifted directly from KUMB, whether it's accurate or not I don't know, but what a farce this is turning into!

"there is no provision for a fine in the FIFA rules, points deducted and removed from Cup that is all there is in the rule, no fine at all."

No that only relates to if they deliberately withheld him from the competition. They have been found guilty of not making him sit out the competition for which a fine is possible.

Dogbert, on 04 Feb 2015 - 4:47 PM, said:

No that only relates to if they deliberately withheld him from the competition. They have been found guilty of not making him sit out the competition for which a fine is possible.

Ok thanks, may be you should register on KUMB and put them straight! ;)

By telling senegal he was injured but then playing him, is that not deliberately withdrawing him from the afcon?

I think everyone (FIFA/Senegal) accepted that he was genuinely injured and so couldn't go and play at AFCON - but at that point the rules state that he has to sit out the duration of his team being in the tournament. So it was just by playing him during that period that they broke the rules.

If FIFA had decided that the injury was made up then they'd have had them chucked them out of the FA Cup.

• Admin

Ignorance is no defence.

I think the club will seek clarification of the FA's position on this given Chesterfield were forced to replay for a loan player they only had verbal permission to play.

Once the FA confirm West Ham are a PL team so cannot be kicked out for rulebreaking we will seek compensation through the civil courts given their guilt has been established by the world's governing body.

If I was a WH Utd board member, I'd probably be picking up the phone to Steve Lansdown and offering him something pretty special right now. 

City are in the right, WHU have been found in the wrong and been given more money than they've been fined and i imagine WHU don't want bother and will pay us to go away.

If they can throw money at flying their team down from London, them they can give us a darn great wad of cash for us to go away. Or risk City taking further action

S Lansdown has got very deep pockets and could be very dangerous to West Ham right now.

Plus + They could offer to pay for Oskar's entire operation, and fly him over to the States in the plane they used to get to Ashton Gate. Might buy them a few brownie points 

Don't really care from our point of view, didn't want a replay and although compensation would be nice I don't see it as a massive thing. However I'm annoyed at such a ridiculously lenient punishment, it really does send out the wrong signal and tell big teams they can just carry on doing whatever they like.

If I was a WH Utd board member, I'd probably be picking up the phone to Steve Lansdown and offering him something pretty special right now. 

City are in the right, WHU have been found in the wrong and been given more money than they've been fined and i imagine WHU don't want bother and will pay us to go away.

If they can throw money at flying their team down from London, them they can give us a darn great wad of cash for us to go away. Or risk City taking further action

S Lansdown has got very deep pockets and could be very dangerous to West Ham right now.

Plus + They could offer to pay for Oskar's entire operation, and fly him over to the States in the plane they used to get to Ashton Gate. Might buy them a few brownie points 

Maybe Karen Brady might offer SL a place on next years Apprentice, that Nick guy has packed it in I remember. Perfect for SL.

If one can put aside the sense of injustice from a nonsense FIFA decision, I feel we will have little actual recourse here.

From a domestic, FA, of view, he is clearly an eligible player. No domestic rule was broken

The rule broken was with FIFA. They have made their decision. Like it or not, that is the way it is. All the FA will say is none of their rules are broken, and the ultimate governing body has made a decision on a fit and proper punishmenr for their rule that was broken. If we have any recourse at all, it is actually with FIFA for a perverse decision. Good luck with that!

Lets remember how we all felt when the final whistle went. Happy enough. Leaves a very sour taste to be honest, but what is in our interest right now is to move on and put this behind us.

Don't really care from our point of view, didn't want a replay and although compensation would be nice I don't see it as a massive thing. However I'm annoyed at such a ridiculously lenient punishment, it really does send out the wrong signal and tell big teams they can just carry on doing whatever they like.

I suspect I might get slammed a bit for this, but here goes.

I always felt whilst Senagol had a strong moral case, their legal claim was very weak. Sakho was called up to the provisional squad. Everyone agrees he then got injured. He was then flown home, and West Ham then advised he would be injured for three to six weeks.

On the basis of this, he was not called up to the competition squad. Three weeks later he was fit enough to play for ten minutes.

There is no doubt if he had actually been called up West Ham could not have played him without being thrown out of the cup. If that had happened in this case, I have no doubt W Ham would seek legal recourse under their rules.

This is a typical political FIFA fudge. O dear. Not much we can do here chaps, how do we get out of this one whilst looking supportive to Senagol? O, I know, lets say they broke the rules, but impose a trivial fine that deep down they will be happy with and do nothing about. Sorted.

But Gov? Will this not look like being unfair on Bristol City? O, haha, they are not even a premier league side, as you were.

The least they can do for cheating us out of our Valentines Day FA Cup chances would be for WHams owners to pull a few rabbits out of their hat and give City fans a chance to enjoy a decent Valentines Night instead.

Send City some AnnSummers vouchers to distribute to our ST holders.. (Rabbits out of hats ..pun :) ) If they won't even do that much for us they can shove their love toys where the sun don't shine..

So Karren ( have a word with the boss ) and on the 14th it could be Up Ours so to speak instead of....

Up Yours Karren and yer cheating cockney bubble blowing club.

(and don't forget to include battery's!)

:) Reckon AS vouchers would be preferable to non existant 'food vouchers' anyway! :)

If one can put aside the sense of injustice from a nonsense FIFA decision, I feel we will have little actual recourse here.

From a domestic, FA, of view, he is clearly an eligible player. No domestic rule was broken

The rule broken was with FIFA. They have made their decision. Like it or not, that is the way it is. All the FA will say is none of their rules are broken, and the ultimate governing body has made a decision on a fit and proper punishme for their rule that was broken. If we have any rcourse at all, it is actually with FIFA for a perverse decision. Good luck with that!

Lets remember how we all felt when the final whistle went. Happy enough. Leaves a very sour taste to be honest, but what is in our interest right now is to move on and put this behind us.

Great post, agree 100% when you put it like that.

Archived