IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

Just had a good read of KUMB, and have to say I agree with much of what they say, in so much that this is a completly half arsed decision by FIFA.

Either, say a rule was broken, and you are out, or it was not.

In trying to keep everybody happy, actually they have done no favours to anyone. West Ham perception wise look awful now whatever.

Why is it that when a Premier League player as much as f*rts, Sky have an outside broadcast, a studio full of experts, into the night discussion

and close up action replay.

When a PL team gets away with the biggest crime since the Great Train Robbery, the story gets consigned to a footnote.

No doubt nobody wants to come on and ridicule the lucky Hammers!

Wasnt really too worried about the outcome of this just hoping we got some compo....having seen how cocky hammers fans have reacted on my facebook feed and heard them on talksport i hope we fight this now!!

Quite agree. I feel like the person who in a law case after hearing his brief said 'It was only after hearing him I realised how wronged against I had been'.

Just when I thought FIFA were gonna hand down a ruling to the letter of their own law they go and spring a surprise by simply making up a ruling as they go along which is one that we really should NOT, in fact, be at all surprised with!

Has to be said though, it does verge on the obsene; 70 odd K ? i mean what the hec hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.. dear oh dear. That'll open the flood gates then.

• Admin

The best thing to come out of this for PL clubs is the knowledge that in future years they don't have to release players for the Afcon, they can just claim they are injured, rest them for a bit then pay a token fine to enable them to play. Result.

The best thing to come out of this for PL clubs is the knowledge that in future years they don't have to release players for the Afcon, they can just claim they are injured, rest them for a bit then pay a token fine to enable them to play. Result.

And if Swindon had really stuttered they would have been gutted they sent their's to the Asian Cup instead of paying a few quid

I am guilty of not reading through this entire thread so apologies if this has been covered, but...

Surely it is optional whether you represent your country or not. Players make themselves available and unavailable all the time. Just look at Ben Foster for England who made himself 'unavailable' for a while (family reasons I think) but recently made himself 'available' for selection again.

Therefore, how is it an offence that he withdrew from the squad and then played for WH? I know it's not very honest if he was 'injured' but how is that illegal? What's the difference between him making himself unavailable for selection and Ben Foster making himself unavailable for selection (other than honesty)?

Would be good if anyone can educate me...

I am guilty of not reading through this entire thread so apologies if this has been covered, but...

Surely it is optional whether you represent your country or not. Players make themselves available and unavailable all the time. Just look at Ben Foster for England who made himself 'unavailable' for a while (family reasons I think) but recently made himself 'available' for selection again.

Therefore, how is it an offence that he withdrew from the squad and then played for WH? I know it's not very honest if he was 'injured' but how is that illegal? What's the difference between him making himself unavailable for selection and Ben Foster making himself unavailable for selection (other than honesty)?

Would be good if anyone can educate me...

I am not sure, but technically I do not think you can make yourself unavailable for selection. In the case above, its more a player makes it known they do not want to be selected, and you would expect that to be respected.

FIFA I guess worry about the respective power of big club sides v small countries, and to protect their tourneys, and players from undue influence, have rules like this.

In the event that we do have to replay this game I hope we stick out a reserve side to be honest. I'd rather we didn't pick up injuries, tiredness, fixture congestion and show a lack of sharpness similar to that post West Ham all because of a competition that is meaningless to us in the bigger picture. We aren't going to win the FA Cup, we already have a Wembley Final to play and we need to keep our eyes on the real prize.

Has Senegal made any comment at all?

Or indeed West Brom, ?

No doubt so far they're delighted to be facing the Hammers still, and hoping the FA doesn't decide that the mighty Reds of Bristol City will be heading to the Hawthorns instead - that'd be a much scarier proposition to face.. Today's decision a bit of a result for WBA. :)

I am not sure, but technically I do not think you can make yourself unavailable for selection. In the case above, its more a player makes it known they do not want to be selected, and you would expect that to be respected.

FIFA I guess worry about the respective power of big club sides v small countries, and to protect their tourneys, and players from undue influence, have rules like this.

I totally get FIFAs desire to protect smaller nations against big club sides but I don't agree that a player 'has' to play for his nation just because they're a professional footballer. You'd like to think that every player would be incredibly passionate about representing their country but they should be able to exclude themselves.

I personally don't classify this as fielding an illegible player and think we should all move on.

Surprised you lot haven't called the police yet. That's your usual course of action after the 'injustice' of a one-nil defeat. Move on, get over it etc etc.

Concentrate on the league

Is that a considered response, or just baiting? Swindon have lost two key players to the Asian Cup, and have had to live with it, pretty well as it happens.

I think most City fans have only had a view since W Ham were effectively found guilty.

It's all so unsatisfactory.

We don't want a replay.

Most of us don't want a bye.

We (SL) don't need the money.

Income that counts for FFP would be nice though!

But justice has clearly not been done.

If this had happened to another league club, I'd want them to seek some sort of justice.

Unless it happened to a certain non-league club, then I'd just laugh. :laughcont:

Surprised you lot haven't called the police yet. That's your usual course of action after the 'injustice' of a one-nil defeat. Move on, get over it etc etc.

The sort of response I would expect from a fan of another club that doesn't abide to rules

Realise you have every interest in seeing cheats prosper.

And concentrate hard enough on the league and you'll notice we're above you.

Back to the midlands with you now; there's a good boy.

Will do, taking 5k to MK on the weekend.. nearly more than your home crowds.. tell me, how many did you take to Mk.. 500??

Archived