IGNORED

Everything Diafra Sakho/west Ham Related (Merged)

HoldenBall

I can't see this being a compensation issue, only a replay/expulsion or West Ham fine by the FA.

The FIFA ruling was nothing to do with us or the FA.

It will be up to us to prove to the FA that West Ham broke an FA rule (remember Sakho was a registered player) and ask them to apply a remedy.

We have not heard any official statement from the FA, City or WHU and the West Brom/WHU tie has hardly got a mention on TV.

There is no mention at all on the Official WHU site about the FIFA ruling and it will be interesting if Sam does the normal PL managers SKY interview today.

But surely it is the FA's responsibility to ensure clubs abide by FIFA rulings?

Aren't the rules of the game owned by FIFA?  The FA and referees are able to punish breaches of them.

I can't see this being a compensation issue, only a replay/expulsion or West Ham fine by the FA.

It will be up to us to prove to the FA that West Ham broke an FA rule (remember Sakho was a registered player) and ask them to apply a remedy.

We have not heard any official statement from the FA, City or WHU and the West Brom/WHU tie has hardly got a mention on TV.

There is no mention at all on the Official WHU site about the FIFA ruling and it will be interesting if Sam does the normal PL managers SKY interview today.

FIFA rules are FA rules- if FIFA hands down an edict the FA are obliged to enact it in law. The difference here is that FIFA have handed out the fine themselves so one would presume that any additional action taken by the FA would be off their own backs. FIFAs action does not force the FA to take any action themselves, but neither does it preclude them from doing so

I also imagine that we can take 'civil' action if we want to, either through the law courts or through an FA tribunal. Can't imagine anyone wanting it to end up in a court room though

Not sure it's our job to police the FA's competition; West Ham acted in a way that, even if it didn't break the rules explicitly, certainly gave them unfair advantage (not just against us, mind you, but in principle against all other rule-abiding clubs in the round), and as such if the FA do sweet F.A. they bring into question the robustness of the Cup's integrity.

It will look a little odd if the Hammers are sanctioned by the international governing body, yet the domestic equivalent does nothing, especially as it sets a very dangerous precedent in player/club relations.

Plus, if West Ham win it, they'll certainly be questions asked about why the FA didn't apply the rules as they could and maybe should have, and I'm pretty sure they'll be thinking about that right now.

The problem is that the FIFA rule that was broken appears to conflict with the FA rules for the competition which apparently were not.

I don't really buy this.

As FIFA rules trump FA rules then the FA have a duty to ensure their competitions abide by FIFA rules.

If a club breaks any FIFA rule then surely the FA can act?

But surely it is the FA's responsibility to ensure clubs abide by FIFA rulings?

Aren't the rules of the game owned by FIFA?  The FA and referees are able to punish breaches of them.

i agree with you but unfortunately the rule they broke only applies to FIFA regs not the FA regs.

West Ham will argue that they have been punished for it and that there is nothing in the FA regs to say Sakho couldn't play.

There are other FA Rules that may apply, which City will probably have to "insist" the FA apply, and compensation will not be one of them.

i agree with you but unfortunately the rule they broke only applies to FIFA regs not the FA regs.

West Ham will argue that they have been punished for it and that there is nothing in the FA regs to say Sakho couldn't play.

There are other FA Rules that may apply, which City will probably have to "insist" the FA apply, and compensation will not be one of them.

I'm no legal man, but I see this as just semantics.

As an example, the FA regs for the FA cup will not detail every rule of the game but they will refer to them.  So they become part of the rules for the competition.

Samo 11,

I agree with all you say and your example of Southampton did in fact happen with Mane.

My concern is that West Ham can just keep silent and wait and see.

I am sure if the FA can charge them they will as City will not let it go, but I dont think there is a rule around player eligibility that they can use.

As far as Fifa being the overall rule maker then that has ben exhausted by the judgement.

I see this not unlike that Arsenal? match where the player scored the goal when he should have put the ball out... no rule broken but only public outcry got the game replayed not by FA but by Arsenal.

As I said before I think they should be charged for misconduct by the FA.

I deleted it. We have a sense of humour believe me. It was what you had written without starring out the words. If you think about it, it was hardly appropriate, trying to wind swindle up or not.

I thought about it....still think it was funny and would have made people laugh.

Hardly offensive

Your the boss though

• Admin

I thought about it....still think it was funny and would have made people laugh.

Hardly offensive

Your the boss though

Close - Dollymarie is a moderator, just doing as she should

To be fair to you on the Ziderheads forum nobody would blink, but on here we have to be more reserved, especially as it is an open forum that is available to people of all ages.

Not sure if you use http://www.ziderheads.co.uk/ch/ but reckon it will be to your liking

Samo 11,

I agree with all you say and your example of Southampton did in fact happen with Mane.

My concern is that West Ham can just keep silent and wait and see.

Agree with this RD.

When this first came to light I was pleased that BCFC made no attempt to force the issue, as to do so would have appeared to be sour grapes at losing the match.

However, with FIFA having ruled that WHam broke their rules WHam are now breathing a big sigh of relief at getting no more than a slap on the wrist, when the rules allowed for expulsion from the competition. With a fine more than covered by prize and tv money for getting into the next round WHam are sitting pretty and just need to keep schtum and wait for it to go away( who said crime doesn't pay?) It's a bit like a burglar being caught by the police, but only being fined an amount less than what he got for selling the stolen goods, but the person he burgled getting diddly squat in compensation. Whoever would think that was right and fair for the culprit to come out better off than victim?

For anything more to happen it would really need BCFC to take some positive action, and if that were to happen then we would then be cast as the villains of the piece, with the certainty that we would then be accused of being poor losers. . 

As far as I can see there has not been an official statement from the FA, just a few newspaper stories suggesting that the FA have no powers to act on this situation.

So they are either keeping quiet hoping it will go away, or their are behind the scene talks, to save embarrassing the FA, who appear to have no powers to stop an ineligible player from playing, and scoring the winner.

Perhaps City are seeking compensation from the FA as a result of this flaw in their rule book.

If you read section E. CONDUCT 1(d) of the FAs 'Rules of The Association' document, it says that the FA can take action against any participant in respect of any Misconduct including a breach of the statutes and regulations of FIFA. Not the use of the word 'MAY', but the FA have every right to take further action if they so choose

FUFA have not applied paragraph 6.2 which is a breach of their own rules.. no surprise of course because they are, we all know, the proverbial busted flush, know it, act accordingly and enrich their snouts because no football body worldwide has the cojones.. and so it goes on and will be forever thus until someone kicks that fat arse out and, preferably, shuts the whole thing down.. Maybe Kirchner from Argentina should take over the reins.. she is good at shutting things down.

In equal measure it is a complete derogation of duty by the FA to either say nothing or wash your hands of the affair by blaming FUFA .. They have blatantly disregarded their own rules as well and cannot hide behind another 'mother' organisation. Again, it is something we have seen before. 

It is a sad fact that world football is governed by a 'corrupt to the core' governing body and England a national association that, at best, is inept and possibly, at worse, incompetent and corrupt as well.

Perhaps City are consulting with the likes of Southampton and any other football clubs who feel hard done by right now; together they perhaps might bring a class action lawsuit against one or more of the 'combatants' . Because, frankly, where we stand right now is that the powers that be have effectively brought the entire football pyramid in the UK, and abroad for that matter, into disrepute.

I would be astonished if this does not go further or we do not see the flood gates open for similar tit for tat nonsense by other clubs.

The genie is out of the bottle and if they don't ram it back down they will have a monster on their hands if, sorry, i meant WHEN other clubs follow suit in the future.

Archived