IGNORED

Six Nations

Super

Technical point; we saw the Irish team presented with the trophy & medals at Murrayfield, but presumably there was also a set at Twickenham.

Which stadium had the real ones and which the replicas? My wife thinks the real trophy and medals were at Twickenham, but in the end didn't get presented.

G'wan the boys! Delighted for Paulie but very sad that it will probably be his last Championship. I will cry when he retires. The England France game is without a shadow of a doubt the craziest thing I've seen on a rugby pitch. It was like a basketball game. Hard luck to England and Wales, two very entertaining matches. France finally start paying off their debt for the Henry handball.

Technical point; we saw the Irish team presented with the trophy & medals at Murrayfield, but presumably there was also a set at Twickenham.

Which stadium had the real ones and which the replicas? My wife thinks the real trophy and medals were at Twickenham, but in the end didn't get presented.

Your wife is correct.

We scored the most tries, we should win. Rugby should shake-up it's scoring system to encourage running.

Maybe it should after the rugby we saw today when three teams had to pile on the points. In fairness we did beat you comfortably this year, though you beat us last year and we won overall after hammering Wales. Them's the breaks.

Just a great day for rugby, anyone who still wants all three games to kick off at the same time after today is crazy.

Maybe it should after the rugby we saw today when three teams had to pile on the points. In fairness we did beat you comfortably this year, though you beat us last year and we won overall after hammering Wales. Them's the breaks.

Just a great day for rugby, anyone who still wants all three games to kick off at the same time after today is crazy.

Yeah, it's fair play to you guys, no bitterness on my part about this year, or the last.

I'm a fairweather fan - I watch Six Nations on the telly and maybe a bit of World Cup. I've seen a smattering of Bath games over the years, but mostly because someone I worked with was a fan.

I just love seeing guys take the ball, duck and dive, swerve and feint and run in a try. I'm less fussed about seeing loads of large men piling on top of each other.

I'm no expert, but I think if you awarded 7 points for a try and therefore had less games decided on penalties awarded for technical infractions - which in some cases even the studio pundits struggle to explain - then you'd enhance the punter appeal of the sport. 

Yeah, it's fair play to you guys, no bitterness on my part about this year, or the last.

I'm a fairweather fan - I watch Six Nations on the telly and maybe a bit of World Cup. I've seen a smattering of Bath games over the years, but mostly because someone I worked with was a fan.

I just love seeing guys take the ball, duck and dive, swerve and feint and run in a try. I'm less fussed about seeing loads of large men piling on top of each other.

I'm no expert, but I think if you awarded 7 points for a try and therefore had less games decided on penalties awarded for technical infractions - which in some cases even the studio pundits struggle to explain - then you'd enhance the punter appeal of the sport.

I see what you're saying. The players are so big now that there's very little room on the pitch. I grew up watching the great Munster teams of the latge 90s and 00s so I love seeing an arm wrestle but to see England and Ireland have to throw the ball around yesterday was great, and well done to Wales for forcing them to do that with their mammoth win in Rome.

Looking at it another way, everyone else conceded at least 90odd points. We let in 50something (can't be bothered to look up exact numbers). Defence is a big part of any sport and ours was far better than anyone else's. That has won us the tournament.

Let me tell you, I was screaming for the French to kick it out when they tried to run that last penalty from their own line. In my excitement I forgot that they were playing for themselves and not for us!

I see what you're saying. The players are so big now that there's very little room on the pitch. I grew up watching the great Munster teams of the latge 90s and 00s so I love seeing an arm wrestle but to see England and Ireland have to throw the ball around yesterday was great, and well done to Wales for forcing them to do that with their mammoth win in Rome.

Looking at it another way, everyone else conceded at least 90odd points. We let in 50something (can't be bothered to look up exact numbers). Defence is a big part of any sport and ours was far better than anyone else's. That has won us the tournament.

Let me tell you, I was screaming for the French to kick it out when they tried to run that last penalty from their own line. In my excitement I forgot that they were playing for themselves and not for us!

I still have no idea why that penalty was given, it made me very unhappy! If the French had got turned over trying to run the ball out and we'd scored, I imagine the inhabitants of Dublin would have marched on Paris, pitchforks and burning torches in hand!!!

A great afternoon of sporting drama, constant turns and twists. I think you can make a case for each of England, Ireland and Wales having been the 'best' team, but i certainly wouldn't begrudge Ireland the title

I still have no idea why that penalty was given, it made me very unhappy! If the French had got turned over trying to run the ball out and we'd scored, I imagine the inhabitants of Dublin would have marched on Paris, pitchforks and burning torches in hand!!!

A great afternoon of sporting drama, constant turns and twists. I think you can make a case for each of England, Ireland and Wales having been the 'best' team, but i certainly wouldn't begrudge Ireland the title

I didn't really care by then to tell you the truth. I thought Nige let England go off their feet all day at ruck time but you have to question why the French didn't recognise that and start doing it themselves, you have to play the ref. Lucky for us that The Brand decided to put himself in the bin. Going forward England will need a blindside with half a brain.

Oh there'd have been hell to pay! No, fair play to France for trying to play until the end, I'm glad they kicked it out eventually though!

You're quite right. I just hope that we all have a good showing in the World Cup. The big three have had it their own way for too long.

You need to start watching Super 15 rugby from NZ,Aus and SA.

It's right up your street,fantastic to watch.

Plus,the rugby Championship, ( used to be the tri nations) what you watched on Saturday has been going on for years in that rugby tournament.

Plus,the rugby Championship, ( used to be the tri nations) what you watched on Saturday has been going on for years in that rugby tournament.

Trouble is - where's the local engagement?  It's why I can't even be bothered to listen to arguments from League enthusiasts. 

I mean, do I give a shit if Wigan or St Helens win? I've never been to either place and never will. 

I agree, love Super 15. The fact that I don't even particularly care which team wins increases the enjoyment for me, I can just be impressed by the general skill levels of the back lines. Less time messing about with scrums, more time running the ball from one end of the field to the other

Trouble is - where's the local engagement? It's why I can't even be bothered to listen to arguments from League enthusiasts.

I mean, do I give a shit if Wigan or St Helens win? I've never been to either place and never will.

I used to live in Auckland NZ and one of my sons still does.

So I have that engagement, I can see where your coming from though.

My advice, just pick a team..... Millions in this country do it with Man Utd etc etc ;)

Am I the only one who doesn't really see what Billy Vunipola offers? There must be better out there.

There is better out there, Fordy. Ben Morgan (ex Dursley!) broke his leg a few months ago and missed out. He started the season off in great form for Gloucester, shame he missed out. Hopefully he recovers form and fitness for the World Cup

No 8 is one of those positions I don't think we have a stand out player, both Morgan & Vunipola have looked great, and very mediocre, in equal measures for England

Lastly, fair play to Ireland. I'm a massive fan of O'Connell, that is one bloke I'd love to have a pint with, and I'm glad he's gone out of 6N rugby with a smile on his face. And sod Super 15 rugby, and 40-40 scorelines, give me a wet day at Kingsholm, ball up the shirt and scrapping to a 6-3 win. I got a little bored of the constant try scoring on Saturday, it was like watching Barca's tika taka of a few seasons ago - BORING!

There is better out there, Fordy. Ben Morgan (ex Dursley!) broke his leg a few months ago and missed out. He started the season off in great form for Gloucester, shame he missed out. Hopefully he recovers form and fitness for the World Cup

No 8 is one of those positions I don't think we have a stand out player, both Morgan & Vunipola have looked great, and very mediocre, in equal measures for England

Lastly, fair play to Ireland. I'm a massive fan of O'Connell, that is one bloke I'd love to have a pint with, and I'm glad he's gone out of 6N rugby with a smile on his face. And sod Super 15 rugby, and 40-40 scorelines, give me a wet day at Kingsholm, ball up the shirt and scrapping to a 6-3 win. I got a little bored of the constant try scoring on Saturday, it was like watching Barca's tika taka of a few seasons ago - BORING!

Yes! I loved the drama of the three games but give me an arm wrestle any day.

I just hope Paulie is able to go out on his own terms, not through injury like so many of his old Munster teammates. He could play for Munster until he's 40 if he retires from tests after the World Cup but I think next season will be his last.

On the England back row, I'd definitely take Morgan over Billy, and as I said before, I think you need a different option at 6.

I just hope Paulie is able to go out on his own terms, not through injury like so many of his old Munster teammates. He could play for Munster until he's 40 if he retires from tests after the World Cup but I think next season will be his last.

On the England back row, I'd definitely take Morgan over Billy, and as I said before, I think you need a different option at 6.

Don't know if you're an NFL fan, Michael, but a young lad has just retired after his rookie season. He got concussed playing (proper) football as a young kid, then picked up another one pre season, but kept quiet as he didn't want to ruin his chances of making the team. He got in, and when he played he was fantastic, but all the time he was reading up on concussions, long term affects etc. A week or so ago he jacked it all in. Paid a massive chunk of his signing bonus back, and turned his back on the millions of dollars that NFL players can make over a 8 to 12 year career. I wonder how long it is before the same happens in rugby?

Chris Borland is the guy, well worth a read if you want to look it up

I admire people that play rugby at any level, doing my ankle ligaments for the 3rd time in about 6 years was enough for me. Anyone willing to be trodden on, stamped on, raked, gouged etc is more of a warrior than I ever was. It would be a shame for a player like O'Connell not to go out on his terms, but if he makes it to Kingsholm for one last time I'll gladly applaud him on and off the pitch, and I suspect I won't be alone in that

Morgan is a much better option than Vunipola, I think he could become one of the best 8s in world rugby if he can stay injury free. As for a number 6, it should be anyone but Haskell. The ideal scenario would be bring in Steffon Armitage at 7, switch Robshaw to 6 and have Morgan at 8. But that's not going to happen. I do think Wood is perfectly decent at 6 though and we're very much running short of games to bed anyone else in

I think O'Connell should go after the World Cup myself. He could definitely play on but he should go out while he's still one of the best

Morgan is a much better option than Vunipola, I think he could become one of the best 8s in world rugby if he can stay injury free. As for a number 6, it should be anyone but Haskell. The ideal scenario would be bring in Steffon Armitage at 7, switch Robshaw to 6 and have Morgan at 8. But that's not going to happen. I do think Wood is perfectly decent at 6 though and we're very much running short of games to bed anyone else in

I think O'Connell should go after the World Cup myself. He could definitely play on but he should go out while he's still one of the best

It's a big if given his record but I agree with you, I rate him very highly. I don't think The Brand is a bad player, he's just braindead, and that's not much good in a test match. Wood is a good player. I don't understand England not playing Armitage at all, it's like Ireland refusing to pick Sextoy because he's in Racing (though he's off back to Leinster next season) unless there's another reason they don't want to pick him?

I'm torn. I love Paulie and want him to play on forever. Realistically it would be nice if we have a good World Cup and he goes out on a high, then carries on playing for Munster for another zillion years.

It's a big if given his record but I agree with you, I rate him very highly. I don't think The Brand is a bad player, he's just braindead, and that's not much good in a test match. Wood is a good player. I don't understand England not playing Armitage at all, it's like Ireland refusing to pick Sextoy because he's in Racing (though he's off back to Leinster next season) unless there's another reason they don't want to pick him?

I'm torn. I love Paulie and want him to play on forever. Realistically it would be nice if we have a good World Cup and he goes out on a high, then carries on playing for Munster for another zillion years.

I just think he's is a great athlete and a poor rugby player. We need more than that at the top level. England have a rule about only picking players playing in England. It's a bit stupid but at least they're consistent. To be fair though, Armitage keeps doing brain dead things off the pitch and gives them reasons not to pick him

O'Connell is still a machine, he probably could play on for millennia! I just wouldn't to see him start getting injured loads and his career fizzle out. I think he's one of those players that everyone who watches or plays rugby has respect for so I can't imagine anyone would begrudge him whatever he chooses to do

Archived