IGNORED

Six Nations

Super

Watching that game last night all I could think was 'thank god we don't have these stupid replays in football'

The refs won't make a decision, they ask 'is there any reason why I CANT award that try' when they have been right next to the action.

It will get to a point when you won't celebrste a try because you need to wait 2 minutes for the actual decision.

Watching that game last night all I could think was 'thank god we don't have these stupid replays in football'

The refs won't make a decision, they ask 'is there any reason why I CANT award that try' when they have been right next to the action.

It will get to a point when you won't celebrste a try because you need to wait 2 minutes for the actual decision.

That's because their are 30 players on the pitch,very often at least half of them are involved around wherever the ball is. It's hard enough for a soccer referee to make the right call with only 20 outfield players. Give the rugby refs a break.

Wouldn't mind them in football to be honest. If the 4th official had been able to spend 2 minutes looking at the Wade Elliot sending off we might not have had to spend yonks debating it. On the other hand, knowing football, they'd probably turn the stoppages into ad breaks...

Posted this on the 'other' thread, but probably better off here

Wales for me have absolutely nowhere to go before the World Cup. Their scrum got mullered from the first set piece (the only penalty they drew from the scrum was highly questionable) to the last, they can't organise a line out to save their lives and when they can they can't throw straight. All their left with is the biff and bash of some over sized centres and wings and a top class 6,7,8 who can be nullified as proven last night- without Wood, Morgan, Croft and Steffon Armitage no less.

For me, Gatland has 'done a Gary Johnson' with Wales; he's shown too much faith in an ageing and one dimensional side and developed very little in the way of depth. A wake up call for Wales but much too late for the WC. Gatland might not even see the WC up at this rate

That's because their are 30 players on the pitch,very often at least half of them are involved around wherever the ball is. It's hard enough for a soccer referee to make the right call with only 20 outfield players. Give the rugby refs a break.

That's fair enough but for me it's taking something out the game

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-v-england-idiotic-fans-8599135

Hmm same when Bristol play at Ashton Gate on a Friday.  Although I think 6 nations games on a Friday make for a fantastic spectacle, there really is some right nobbers that attend using the rugby as an excuse to get pissed.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-v-england-idiotic-fans-8599135

Hmm same when Bristol play at Ashton Gate on a Friday.  Although I think 6 nations games on a Friday make for a fantastic spectacle, there really is some right nobbers that attend using the rugby as an excuse to get pissed.

How unlike our own beloved supporters :(

Posted this on the 'other' thread, but probably better off here

Wales for me have absolutely nowhere to go before the World Cup. Their scrum got mullered from the first set piece (the only penalty they drew from the scrum was highly questionable) to the last, they can't organise a line out to save their lives and when they can they can't throw straight. All their left with is the biff and bash of some over sized centres and wings and a top class 6,7,8 who can be nullified as proven last night- without Wood, Morgan, Croft and Steffon Armitage no less.

For me, Gatland has 'done a Gary Johnson' with Wales; he's shown too much faith in an ageing and one dimensional side and developed very little in the way of depth. A wake up call for Wales but much too late for the WC. Gatland might not even see the WC up at this rate

I fully expect Gatland will go after WC regardless. They won't reach the hights of the last one, that was the chance in a generation to win it

Mike Brown is always England's best player by a country mile.

The bloke gets better every game, but I thought Haskell was just immense. He looks like a wwf wrestler

George Ford is 21 what a future he has.

How good can that kid get? Hate to say it, but all the Barf lads looked good Friday night

I fully expect Gatland will go after WC regardless. They won't reach the hights of the last one, that was the chance in a generation to win it

He probably should have gone a while ago IMO. Don't get me wrong; he's done a great job with Wales, but they're on the slide now with very little in the way of young players being blooded ahead of what is to all intents and purposes, a 'home' World Cup. Fair enough North and Cuthbert are still young and Warburton and Falutau have another WC 'cycle' in them, but the pack is creaking and everyone has figured out how to stop Roberts and Davies. There's no plan B

And it's great!!!

Ford was decent, grew into the game after a shaky start but Hask should have been MOTM.

BBC rugby coverage continues to be ******* awful though, cannot stand it. On a par with Welsh pre-match hubris. Shocking lack of care for the players during the match, North in particular. Should face disciplinary action.

Funny old performance by England. Brilliant running from the back, dominant set piece by the forwards, but shipped 3 tries to Italy and missed boat loads of tackles. Really looking forward to seeing Tuilagi and Joseph playing together at 12/13 (hopefully) later in the 6 Nations

You've just described Bristol.

Not often I say this - but it's great to see Scotland on the up again

I know they've lost both games so far, but they certainly gave Wales all they could handle at times yesterday. Just need an 80 minute performance

Jim Hamilton is still trying to fight everybody every second he's on the pitch though, that bloke is such a liability

Not often I say this - but it's great to see Scotland on the up again

I know they've lost both games so far, but they certainly gave Wales all they could handle at times yesterday. Just need an 80 minute performance

Jim Hamilton is still trying to fight everybody every second he's on the pitch though, that bloke is such a liability

Agree 100% They threw both games away really. If their discipline had been better they'd have won both.

On Big Jim, I understand the rule in that situation is that if the team not restarting are over the halfway line before the clock goes red, the referee will allow one more play. If that's the case, Scotland could have had another crack if he hadn't kicked off after scoring the try at the end. Very selfish from him if I've read it right, even if he didn't instigate it. 

Yeah, soccer. Because rugby is sometimes referred to as " Rugby Football" and I dint want to confuse anyone but obviously I managed it with you.

When our local rugby club played at their Memorial Ground, there was a plaque at the North End of the ground "Bristol Football Club". Did they bring that to AG?

Agree 100% They threw both games away really. If their discipline had been better they'd have won both.

On Big Jim, I understand the rule in that situation is that if the team not restarting are over the halfway line before the clock goes red, the referee will allow one more play. If that's the case, Scotland could have had another crack if he hadn't kicked off after scoring the try at the end. Very selfish from him if I've read it right, even if he didn't instigate it. 

I just don't know what goes through his mind! He must have known how long was left, get the ball down and get back. It's all bluff, seconds later he was smiling and shaking their hands

Utter shite from England for most of that game. No intensity, no precision and no discipline. Ireland had all those things and thoroughly deserved the win, though they didn't have to do anything special to earn. They just did the basics well, kept the physical intensity high and waited for England to make a mistake

Utter shite from England for most of that game. No intensity, no precision and no discipline. Ireland had all those things and thoroughly deserved the win, though they didn't have to do anything special to earn. They just did the basics well, kept the physical intensity high and waited for England to make a mistake

it's a recurring theme with England when they are good they can be brilliant and capable of beating anybody, when they are shite they are dogshite.

I'm amazed that England kicked so much ball away. With our back three of Zebo, Bowe and Kearney I don't know what they were hoping to do. The plan seemed to be to kick at Zebo early on but they obviously haven't seen much of him, he's an excellent full back as well as a winger and very comfortable under the high ball. I think his first international cap was at full back.

I'm a bit disappointed that we went to sleep for the last 20 minutes, but fair play to England for not giving up. I'd like to see us play more rugby but after years of being crap I can't complain too much.

I'm amazed that England kicked so much ball away. With our back three of Zebo, Bowe and Kearney I don't know what they were hoping to do. The plan seemed to be to kick at Zebo early on but they obviously haven't seen much of him, he's an excellent full back as well as a winger and very comfortable under the high ball. I think his first international cap was at full back.

I'm a bit disappointed that we went to sleep for the last 20 minutes, but fair play to England for not giving up. I'd like to see us play more rugby but after years of being crap I can't complain too much.

I wouldn't mind the kicking for territory if there'd been any kind if effective chase, but too often Kearney, Bowe or Zebo would be able to catch the ball in yards of space and turn the pressure back on to England. Ireland had a plan and England didn't. All the stuff England did well against Wales- breakdown, offloading, creative lines, good kicking for territory- just wasn't there. I could see it from my front room, why couldn't England see it in Dublin?

I wouldn't mind the kicking for territory if there'd been any kind if effective chase, but too often Kearney, Bowe or Zebo would be able to catch the ball in yards of space and turn the pressure back on to England. Ireland had a plan and England didn't. All the stuff England did well against Wales- breakdown, offloading, creative lines, good kicking for territory- just wasn't there. I could see it from my front room, why couldn't England see it in Dublin?

Even if the kick chase had been good it would still have been a strange tactic. I think that once we got parity up front it was always going to be difficult for England as I think we've the best half backs in Europe. I agree with you though, I was expecting England to be much more aggressive and to give the ball a lot more air. That would have made it more difficult for us.

Archived