IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes 'dons' V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Happy with the point.

I think the ref bottled it a bit today and steered clear of making any brave decisions. Should have booked Powell for a dive that belonged on the 10m board in the first half, and wasn't on top of the wrestling that seemed to be taking place at most corners. As for the Ayling pen, it's one of those that some refs will give and some don't. With the ball moving so fast from close range it is very hard to determine intentional movement towards the ball.

• Like 1

Thought you lot were excellent today support wise, very loud throughout and looked more than 5.1k.

As for the game, two quite evenly matched sides, we had more shots and chances but you lot had better and more worrying chances.

One thing that seems to becoming clear is that Craig Pawson, an apparent select group referee made a very bad decision with not awarding us a pen after Ayling blatantly handballed it from Carruthers' ball in. It looked a pretty stone wall penalty from where I was, but it also seems the ref has apologised to our manager afterwards. Karl Robinson said post match:

Either way, on balance I think the draw was the right result.

I can't see Bristol City not getting promoted through the automatics, I think you are looking good for top, but at the very least second auto. Certainly the best attacking side we've played against (and probably joint best with us). You seem a very hard side to beat.

If we and you lot go up I'll be happy, hate Swindle and Preston seem to be falling away. Can see Sheff Utd or Bradford going up through playoffs.

ah ,I get get it ,Saaaarcaarsme ,why don't you just fack off back to your own miserable forum and leave us alone ...

No ? ,Ok thanks for your generous contribution .Wish you all the best fro the rest of the season .

I know that the #CityWave gets a lot of slack, however it looks incredible and I don't know many other clubs who do something similar.

Look at this vine of the #CityWave when the players came out

https://vine.co/v/OUWveQbKhvw

Yep. Of course it is manufactured, but thought it looked great when our lot came out. Edited by cityexile
  • Like 1

Happy with the point.

I think the ref bottled it a bit today and steered clear of making any brave decisions. Should have booked Powell for a dive that belonged on the 10m board in the first half, and wasn't on top of the wrestling that seemed to be taking place at most corners. As for the Ayling pen, it's one of those that some refs will give and some don't. With the ball moving so fast from close range it is very hard to determine intentional movement towards the ball.

was the same with Little and his dive in the box, swings and roundabouts
  • Like 1

Anyone else end up in the bottom tier when they were meant to be in the top, because of awful stewarding? :laugh:

Yes,three of us did.

We watched the game from the disabled section because they said our ticket numbers were already in use.

In the 2nd half I even had a steward telling me to move or I will be ejected,I told him it was MK's fault we were where we were and wasn't going to move.

He soon disappeared.

ah ,I get get it ,Saaaarcaarsme ,why don't you just fack off back to your own miserable forum and leave us alone ...

No ? ,Ok thanks for your generous contribution .Wish you all the best fro the rest of the season .

Sorry, don't know if my post read differently a couple of hours west of MK but what about is was sarcastic? I compliment your team's performance and the travelling support and it's "sarcastic"? 

Well todays game:

City fans  were ****** awesome, the singing ws the best Ive heard our lot sing away for twenty odd years (Granted being in the row of seats on the corner next to the Dongs) singers were everywhere and it must have sounded great on the radio. The Dongs were heard only late in the 2nd half and even then MK Army and MK till I die were pathetic. The "nawty boys" @ green street,  near us were pathetic and as for the "Cowshed" well...WTF are they on?

The ref once again give us **** all.....at least one deffo pen not given and as for the Dongs diving on sight, it was just lie watchin the Premiershite.......at least three of their players should have been booked, and the first 20 mins all they did is "try" to intimidate City with the strongarm stuff...failed this time which it didnt under O Drosscolls shamble.

We for some reason did not ever get into top gear and put their defence under sustained pressure till the 2nd half. I dont think Fielding was ever under major pressure at all, despite our constant poor clearances from defence. If we could have really pressurised em, their defence looked far from assured and their strike force didnt look anything like a five goal machine..

Because of the massive turnout from the Red Army there were queues for everything, and leaving was worse than leaving the BS3 area after a home game. We live localish and decided to go to the nearby ASDA for some food and didnt leave till near as damn it an hour after full time, saw loads of City fans still queuing to leave. We can get onto the M4 eastbound quicker than it took us to leave Bletchly for the A404 tonight. **** KNOWS what the Dongs will do if they make the Championship...

all in all frustrating for me, although we're still top, I deffo think we could have won that on another day.

Oh and MK is still a shit town, with plastic fans. Today was ladies day with some old bollocks organized to  get punters in..which you would have thought wouldnt be hard top playing second placed team. If one or other side had won, I suspect the winner would have gone up as Champions..

Yes,three of us did.

We watched the game from the disabled section because they said our ticket numbers were already in use.

In the 2nd half I even had a steward telling me to move or I will be ejected,I told him it was MK's fault we were where we were and wasn't going to move.

He soon disappeared.

Joke wasn't it mate! A fair few near to me were forced to stand in the aisle as there was no seats available nearby. Wasn't long before a group of stewards were over to them forcing them to move, and those who refused/argued back were being threatened with ejection. All this when it was their own bloody fault. Personally I wasn't too bothered as me and my mates found some seats that luckily we weren't asked to move from, and the atmosphere was generally good down there.

It was a clear dive,he knew it and all City fans knew it. Pretty embarrassing really because if he had stayed on his feet theirs a good chance we may have scored.

Looked to me like Little was already on his way down as if he had slipped just before the challenge. Could be wrong though, always hard to tell. Never thought it was a pen.

• Like 1

Sorry, don't know if my post read differently a couple of hours west of MK but what about is was sarcastic? I compliment your team's performance and the travelling support and it's "sarcastic"? 

Sorry ,whoosh.The first part of my reply was a sort of spoof of some of the moronic exchanges seen on Football forums ,meant to be a joke .

The second part of my post was genuine .I believe in the football family .Without decent opposition we have no game .Again ,thanks for your input and good luck in your quest for the "runner's up" spot . :innocent06: