IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes 'dons' V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Genuine question, is your home support usually as poor as it appeared to be today?

From where I was standing (Cowshed, opposite you lot) we were pretty decent. We are by no means the loudest or best supported team in the league, but certainly not the worst. We had over 10k there today, which is more than most home attendances including away support across the whole league.

Think our average home attendance this season is just over 9k which for league one is pretty damn good, think we are only behind Sheffield Utd, yourselves and Bradford this season now for highest average home attendance. Pretty good numbers I would say.

The club is quite "family" friendly as you might have picked up today, lots of family day out promotions etc, so the fanbase isn't the typical one, a real mix to be honest, whereas most other clubs will be mostly lads in their teens/20s/30s/40s and beyond, who are usually a bit more vocal, think there are a lot more women, kids and families making up the numbers.

• Like 1

Just back. Fantastic atmosphere from our lot! Their fans were so quiet it was embarrassing. Happy with the draw as it was, on the whole, a fair result.

Could hear us coming through loud and clear  :clap:  but didn't hear even a cheer really from them , great support hopefully we'll soon be bringing similar numbers to most games :-)

I think MK come in for a lot of un-necessary stick, although it looked less, their  average crowds for a league game is not bad at all (Better than ex prem side swindle may I add), their facilities are top notch, inside and outside the ground, they play a great a good brand of football whilst blooding through good youth players. And the MK fan that come on here all seem a genuine decent bunch.

• Like 2

Thought you lot were excellent today support wise, very loud throughout and looked more than 5.1k.

As for the game, two quite evenly matched sides, we had more shots and chances but you lot had better and more worrying chances.

One thing that seems to becoming clear is that Craig Pawson, an apparent select group referee made a very bad decision with not awarding us a pen after Ayling blatantly handballed it from Carruthers' ball in. It looked a pretty stone wall penalty from where I was, but it also seems the ref has apologised to our manager afterwards. Karl Robinson said post match:

Either way, on balance I think the draw was the right result.

I can't see Bristol City not getting promoted through the automatics, I think you are looking good for top, but at the very least second auto. Certainly the best attacking side we've played against (and probably joint best with us). You seem a very hard side to beat.

If we and you lot go up I'll be happy, hate Swindle and Preston seem to be falling away. Can see Sheff Utd or Bradford going up through playoffs.

Thank you.

Would you like to have some man-love?

• Like 1

Not convinced by the 5k number. This is Wolves taking 9k. Whilst some gaps today vs. this (notably bottom tier left of the goal posts (looking at them)), struggle to believe another 4k could have squeezed in. 

mk-dons6-nearly-9000-travelling-wolves-f

I think I am right in saying over 4,600 tickets were sold so it is, actually, highly possible a further 500 were sold on the day. I suppose a few hundred might have had a guilt trip at the last minute and decided not to show up !!

If MK counted the attendance based on tickets sold, then the 5109 figure is accurate. If they counted it on number of tickets actually passed through the turnstiles, then we had more than that. As I said earlier in the thread, stewards were just letting a lot of us through the wrong turnstiles without fans actually entering the ticket in the machine.

Yes I probably would, but not at the finish. Overall I thought we looked the more dangerous and accomplished of two very good sides and I was disappointed we didn't win. Little was a little below par, but I thought Bryan had another great game. It was interesting to have Smith and Wilbraham playing in the same game; the ball stuck up front much better once WIlbs came on.

Wilbs came on for Smith mate.

Think this Vine says it all about that Ayling handball......referee needs re-assessing as a Select group official to be honest..

https://vine.co/v/OUmMpgvFleD

Why because he doesn't have x-ray vision? Think about it, look at the angle Ayling is at and where the referee would be standing, he would have seen Ayling go full length but have no idea what part of his body it hit.

Why because he doesn't have x-ray vision? Think about it, look at the angle Ayling is at and where the referee would be standing, he would have seen Ayling go full length but have no idea what part of his body it hit.

That's probably what the referee will say in his own defence. But would you be saying the same if it was a Luke Freeman shot that hit Jordan Spence's arm?

I think the general consensus on Twitter, and even a few on here is that it was a pretty nailed on penalty. From the sounds of things, a lot of believe believe McFadzean's "attack" on Smith was also a penalty. Basically, Craig Pawson got not only one, but two wrong and needs to referee in the Evostik league.

Cynical me thinks that he only didn't award the Ayling penalty because he'd had a change of mind over the McFadzean one.

Edited by inpeace

That's probably what the referee will say in his own defence. But would you be saying the same if it was a Luke Freeman shot that hit Jordan Spence's arm?

Yes. probably, I am not as blinkered as some and I understand that a referee cannot see everything in a split second rather than over and over again on "vine" or whatever.

You do keep banging on about the Ayling incident, but at one of our corners Smith should clearly have been awarded a penalty.  Maybe the ref was evening things up or maybe he just wasn't very good.  If the two teams had decided to start niggling against each other I have no confidence that the ref would have been able to control it.

You do keep banging on about the Ayling incident, but at one of our corners Smith should clearly have been awarded a penalty.  Maybe the ref was evening things up or maybe he just wasn't very good.  If the two teams had decided to start niggling against each other I have no confidence that the ref would have been able to control it.

Agree - you should have had a penalty too. He didn't have a great day. He has a reputation for dishing out cards (read somewhere he has the highest rate of dishing out cards as a Prem official) so perhaps he was trying to resist giving in to the occasion.

Anyway, I've enjoyed my brief time here. Good luck for the rest of the season, to be honest you won't need it think you've got this near enough nailed on....us, Swindon and Preston just aren't as consistent. 

Edited by inpeace

If MK counted the attendance based on tickets sold, then the 5109 figure is accurate. If they counted it on number of tickets actually passed through the turnstiles, then we had more than that. As I said earlier in the thread, stewards were just letting a lot of us through the wrong turnstiles without fans actually entering the ticket in the machine.

Some stadium disasters have happened from similar events. Bad organisation methinks.......

I think I am right in saying over 4,600 tickets were sold so it is, actually, highly possible a further 500 were sold on the day. I suppose a few hundred might have had a guilt trip at the last minute and decided not to show up !!

Think he was suggesting that it looked like more than the 5.1k announced - not believing that an extra 4k Wolves fans were in that pic compared to yesterday.

I could be wrong though. It's been known to happen.

Some stadium disasters have happened from similar events. Bad organisation methinks.......

We very nearly had one at the Gate against the Gas. Resulted in the old board being chucked out, which was a result, but the night could have been a disaster had both sets of fans not showed restraint.

Edited by Aizoon

Think he was suggesting that it looked like more than the 5.1k announced - not believing that an extra 4k Wolves fans were in that pic compared to yesterday.

I could be wrong though. It's been known to happen.

Yep, I was saying that if that was Wolves with 9k, we had more than 5k, as there weren't enough gaps (vs. the Wolves support) to squeeze another 4k in. 

Agree - you should have had a penalty too. He didn't have a great day. He has a reputation for dishing out cards (read somewhere he has the highest rate of dishing out cards as a Prem official) so perhaps he was trying to resist giving in to the occasion.

Anyway, I've enjoyed my brief time here. Good luck for the rest of the season, to be honest you won't need it think you've got this near enough nailed on....us, Swindon and Preston just aren't as consistent. 

I certainly hope that's true! It's going to be an exciting few months, enjoy the ride.