IGNORED

The Official Milton Keynes 'dons' V Bristol City Match Day Thread

Looks great, **** what others think.

Agreed.

My 8 year old loves and he'll be taking his and pumping money into the club long after me.

Jkb done.

I just wish other youngsters could go.

They all watch chelsea on telly and think its football, not knowing that watching city, especially away, is infinitely more exciting.

Anyone else end up in the bottom tier when they were meant to be in the top, because of awful stewarding?  :laugh:

I don't think the tickets helped - mine didn't say top or bottom so had no idea which one to go.

However, I came away thinking the stewards were pretty good guys. They didn't care if we stood up and they didn't care if we wanted to go stand somewhere else, as long as the seat was free.

I also found the 2 or 3 I spoke to really helpful.

I guess it all depends on who you get.

Genuine question, is your home support usually as poor as it appeared to be today?

If you mean noise, not sure it was as bad as it appeared. I was down the MK end and it seemed okay and pretty consistent singing. City fans being mobbed up, making a load of noise themselves (and the miracle of physics meaning people 150 yards away don't sound as loud as those next to you) will have made it sound worse than it was. If you mean attendance, again, no worse than most teams in this league (including some of those pushing for promotion). We turned up with 5k and made a right old racket - think that was the unusual event for league 1. 

• Like 1

If you mean noise, not sure it was as bad as it appeared. I was down the MK end and it seemed okay and pretty consistent singing. City fans being mobbed up, making a load of noise themselves (and the miracle of physics meaning people 150 yards away don't sound as loud as those next to you) will have made it sound worse than it was. If you mean attendance, again, no worse than most teams in this league (including some of those pushing for promotion). We turned up with 5k and made a right old racket - think that was the unusual event for league 1.

To be fair it was hard to hear much as you say being amongst 5000+ loud city fans! Just seemed a lack of noise or enthusiasm when they won a corner for example.

To be fair it was hard to hear much as you say being amongst 5000+ loud city fans! Just seemed a lack of noise or enthusiasm when they won a corner for example.

Yep, I was quite impressed. They had a couple of chants that they kept going with reasonably incessantly and generally got behind their team. Have heard many more funereal home crowds, just that City were mobbed up and made a very big racket. Not many home crowds in league 1 would have been heard above that. Not sure if attempts were made, but Tom Thumb's 'Dooby dooby doo' wasn't heard at the other end of the ground. Terribly upsetting...

• Like 1

I don't think the tickets helped - mine didn't say top or bottom so had no idea which one to go.

However, I came away thinking the stewards were pretty good guys. They didn't care if we stood up and they didn't care if we wanted to go stand somewhere else, as long as the seat was free.

I also found the 2 or 3 I spoke to really helpful.

I guess it all depends on who you get.

Yeah, the ones I encountered didn't know what they were doing and seemed to crumble under the pressure of a large away attendance... 

Also, if they counted the away attendance based on number of tickets entered into the turnstiles, then there will have actually been a fair few more than the 5100 that's been stated

I was at the edge of the City support and only heard your lot twice of three times, neither loud, nor effective.....I expected more from your lot in a pivotal game of the season....seen us at your place several times and its not improved although the stupid Womble army has desisted.....seen more noisy support at Lu'on, Watford, Wycombe & Brentford.....indeed Ive heard Aylesbury Utd make more noise...

Yeah, the ones I encountered didn't know what they were doing and seemed to crumble under the pressure of a large away attendance... 

Also, if they counted the away attendance based on number of tickets entered into the turnstiles, then there will have actually been a fair few more than the 5100 that's been stated

Not convinced by the 5k number. This is Wolves taking 9k. Whilst some gaps today vs. this (notably bottom tier left of the goal posts (looking at them)), struggle to believe another 4k could have squeezed in. 

mk-dons6-nearly-9000-travelling-wolves-f

I'd have taken 0-0 at the start. Still top, still game in hand.

Yes I probably would, but not at the finish.  Overall I thought we looked the more dangerous and accomplished of two very good sides and I was disappointed we didn't win.  Little was a little below par, but I thought Bryan had another great game. It was interesting to have Smith and Wilbraham playing in the same game; the ball stuck up front much better once WIlbs came on.

I was at the edge of the City support and only heard your lot twice of three times, neither loud, nor effective.....I expected more from your lot in a pivotal game of the season....seen us at your place several times and its not improved although the stupid Womble army has desisted.....seen more noisy support at Lu'on, Watford, Wycombe & Brentford.....indeed Ive heard Aylesbury Utd make more noise...

Fair enough and wasn't claiming the MK support next to the City fans were raising the decibels, more that the home end did a decent job. Just for clarity, my lot is Bristol City, I was just in the home section today. 

• Like 1

Fair enough and wasn't claiming the MK support next to the City fans were raising the decibels, more that the home end did a decent job. Just for clarity, my lot is Bristol City, I was just in the home section today. 

sorry bout that Ifigured as much after I read your post again *ahem*

I guess you live in thse parts then?

, and leaving was worse than leaving the BS3 area after a home game. We live localish and decided to go to the nearby ASDA for some food and didnt leave till near as damn it an hour after full time, saw loads of City fans still queuing to leave. We can get onto the M4 eastbound quicker than it took us to leave Bletchly for the A404 tonight. **** KNOWS what the Dongs will do if they make the Championship...

all in all frustrating for me, although we're still top, I deffo think we could have won that on another day.

Oh and MK is still a shit town, with plastic fans. Today was ladies day with some old bollocks organized to  get punters in..which you would have thought wouldnt be hard top playing second placed team. If one or other side had won, I suspect the winner would have gone up as Champions..

Parked 10mins walk from the ground.  Back at the car and on the M1 in no time.

It IS a weird place.  Everywhere is identical and Swindon fans must get roundabout envy when they visit..............

Edited by Drew Peacock
  • Like 1

You live near the centre? Blimey hell of a place to have a place...we live Aylesbury way, but obviously MK is better for just about everything but chavscum... :laughcont:

Live in the Hub. Really like MK. Have only lived in Bristol, Edinburgh and MK and despite the obvious charms of the other two, MK isn't 3rd by much (30 mins into the centre of London helps). 

• Like 1

Live in the Hub. Really like MK. Have only lived in Bristol, Edinburgh and MK and despite the obvious charms of the other two, MK isn't 3rd by much (30 mins into the centre of London helps). 

Yeah, see why you like it.....yourre closer timewise to London than us...and better service too...get trains to London from Tring

Yeah, see why you like it.....yourre closer timewise to London than us...and better service too...get trains to London from Tring

Yeah, being able to hop on the Virgin trains is handy. Looking forward to joining the Warsaw massive on their way to their big day out on 22nd March. Assuming they'll be turning up in their David Kelly/Limahl wigs, I'll riposte with "We're Bristol City, we don't do highlights (apart from Scott McGarvey)".

Yeah, being able to hop on the Virgin trains is handy. Looking forward to joining the Warsaw massive on their way to their big day out on 22nd March. Assuming they'll be turning up in their David Kelly/Limahl wigs, I'll riposte with "We're Bristol City, we don't do highlights (apart from Scott McGarvey)".

were 50 mins away and if its like the Bolton final there will be loads coming in from Rickmansworth.....could have hours of fun!

Neither team really did enough to win and both defences showed why they are the best in the league. We 100% should have had a penalty but it would have been harsh for either team to lose, especially in that manner. I take back my comment pre game, thank god McFadzean played because he had a very solid game!

Great support from you lot although a little flat at times (same as our lot, tense 0-0's do that).

Overall, enjoyable game and 0-0 the fairest result.

Well todays game:

City fans were ****** awesome, the singing ws the best Ive heard our lot sing away for twenty odd years (Granted being in the row of seats on the corner next to the Dongs) singers were everywhere and it must have sounded great on the radio. The Dongs were heard only late in the 2nd half and even then MK Army and MK till I die were pathetic. The "nawty boys" @ green street, near us were pathetic and as for the "Cowshed" well...WTF are they on?

The ref once again give us **** all.....at least one deffo pen not given and as for the Dongs diving on sight, it was just lie watchin the Premiershite.......at least three of their players should have been booked, and the first 20 mins all they did is "try" to intimidate City with the strongarm stuff...failed this time which it didnt under O Drosscolls shamble.

We for some reason did not ever get into top gear and put their defence under sustained pressure till the 2nd half. I dont think Fielding was ever under major pressure at all, despite our constant poor clearances from defence. If we could have really pressurised em, their defence looked far from assured and their strike force didnt look anything like a five goal machine..

Because of the massive turnout from the Red Army there were queues for everything, and leaving was worse than leaving the BS3 area after a home game. We live localish and decided to go to the nearby ASDA for some food and didnt leave till near as damn it an hour after full time, saw loads of City fans still queuing to leave. We can get onto the M4 eastbound quicker than it took us to leave Bletchly for the A404 tonight. **** KNOWS what the Dongs will do if they make the Championship...

all in all frustrating for me, although we're still top, I deffo think we could have won that on another day.

Oh and MK is still a shit town, with plastic fans. Today was ladies day with some old bollocks organized to get punters in..which you would have thought wouldnt be hard top playing second placed team. If one or other side had won, I suspect the winner would have gone up as Champions..

What was that ladies day all about?! Played some girly music at half time, wheeled the women's team out and then you couldn't even see the girl singing! Cringeworthy. MK is a weird place...

Got sick of living in MK after a while, (lived in Monkston Park and Wolverton Park) couldn't hack all the flipping chain bars and restaurants. Moved up to Cobbler a few years ago and haven't looked back! Join us...

Edited by Northamptonshire Red

It wasnt a pen! I was in that corner and 10 out of 10 for Little's dive! A pen wouldve been nice though!

Oh fair enough then maybe Little should been booked on what you've said then, If it should been one though and wasn't given it would of annoyed me for the reasons I said.