IGNORED

Anyone Not Going To Franchise Fc

Dollymarie

If I can't take my Ultras Flag, if I can't stand up, if they don't do prawn sandwiches, if they don't have a Waitrose within 2 miles, if they don't play at Plough Lane, if Vinnie Jones isn't playing then they are not getting a penny of my money.

If none of those are an issue, then Dolly, can you babysit, I'm in!

What I was trying to lay bare in the match day thread. Stay put, they go bust and get thrown out like Accrington and probably come back as they did.. the only benefit, a Wimbledon fan would say, is that they would be the only 'one' now in the league.. if you get my meaning.

I would say, OK.. so if you were going bust anyway is the welfare of peoples livelihoods not to be considered? is the fact that hundreds of jobs were not created by the new development? Those families somehow do not matter for the 'far more important support one team and screw everyone else' argument ? 

They handed all the trophies back, they espunged their history and handed it back to Wimbledon. In fact.. one might argue that by a certain Mr. Winkelman saving the club it enabled the 'true' Wimbledon to rise from the ashes unencumbered more quickly.

Lets not allow facts get in the way of a good myopic story though heh. 

I have other commitments sadly but yes, reading this thread makes me feel a whole lot better about the situation!

The game featured highly in my usual mish mash of dreams last night. Needless to say we won convincingly, but they had a man sent off (or was it two?), and we missed a pen too.

Surely you've got time to put hats on mum n dad and make home games though? :)

Just coming up to 6 months old so hoping to make a few games before season end. Knowing SCs superstitions he'd probably rather I stay at home :D

Should be setting off at 11, but all 3 boys are ill with a virus (7 months,4 and 8) the wife has had 3 hours sleep, I've had 4.

Feel hanging, but.....must......get.....to....Milton......Keynes....uugggggghhhhh.

If you can get away with that then you've got bigger balls than me!

What I was trying to lay bare in the match day thread. Stay put, they go bust and get thrown out like Accrington and probably come back as they did.. the only benefit, a Wimbledon fan would say, is that they would be the only 'one' now in the league.. if you get my meaning.

I would say, OK.. so if you were going bust anyway is the welfare of peoples livelihoods not to be considered? is the fact that hundreds of jobs were not created by the new development? Those families somehow do not matter for the 'far more important support one team and screw everyone else' argument ?

They handed all the trophies back, they espunged their history and handed it back to Wimbledon. In fact.. one might argue that by a certain Mr. Winkelman saving the club it enabled the 'true' Wimbledon to rise from the ashes unencumbered more quickly.

Lets not allow facts get in the way of a good myopic story though heh.

Hundreds of jobs created, sure. Maybe they would have been at Wimbledon if they'd been restructured. The economic term is deadweight, what would have happened regardless had they not moved. And 'espunged' (expunged?) their history - what are they called?

I wanted to go, 5hrs on the train from Haymarket but the return journey was 19hrs! So I am off to watch Spartans FC in the Scottish Cup v Berwick Rangers. Went to the previous two rounds and a couple of league games, great set up, friendly club and hoping for more cup shocks this afternoon. Keep an eye open for the score people.

Archived