IGNORED

Swindon's Reputation

Ian M

Sorry pal. I agree he was held by the Swindon player but after that there was a deliberate upward movement(called a headbutt). This happened about 10 yards directly in front of us. It was Elliott doing the cheating(headbutt)

Are you for real? Two players contested a ball and the play continued. One player (Elliott) was running  "AWAY" from the area and was pulled back by the defender, off of his feet. The defender leans forward slightly and feigns to have been head butted by the player he himself had pulled back. Elliot was stopped in his tracks and the defender continued his forward motion towards Elliott and ducked down to meet his head. The defender immediately jumped backwards and pretended to have been hit by a sledge hammer, surprisingly, there was no physical damage to the player apart from a wide grin.

You're well and truly deluded, in one sentence you admit the defender held him back, then claim it was Elliott doing the cheating, if he hadn't been held back, there'd have been no coming together. 

Iv'e never seen you lot as rivals and to be honest you have always been an irrelevance. But after the way your players celebrated in front of us at the final whistle like you won the ******* European cup, i think its safe to say you will be getting a rather warm reception at our place.

I will genuinely be astounded if there is anything remotely resembling a hostile atmosphere at 'the gate' - never has been when I've visited in the past. Always found the place rather quiet and the supporters indifferent.

I will genuinely be astounded if there is anything remotely resembling a hostile atmosphere at 'the gate' - never has been when I've visited in the past. Always found the place rather quiet and the supporters indifferent.

I'll get the jelly and sandwiches ready for you.

That's because we see you as irrelevant. Poxy little town full shell suit wearing inbreds. Things will be different this time.

Getting 'hostile' already? How exciting........

Whatever the atmosphere it will be significantly better than at Swindon in November. I sat in the home end and, although the fans screamed and they like the c word a fair bit, there was very little singing or atmosphere.

Plenty of spare seats too.

Oh, and the jumping around like possessed headless chickens next to wheelchair-bound disabled children was none too endearing. A severe lack of class.

See! This is much better. I always find understatement in a casual manner gets many more bites.

There are sadly few grounds any more where there is a real old fashioned atmosphere, in my humble opinion.

Sorry pal. I agree he was held by the Swindon player but after that there was a deliberate upward movement(called a headbutt). This happened about 10 yards directly in front of us. It was Elliott doing the cheating(headbutt)

Hand on heart?

I dont know really what happened.

The truth is we are real rivals this year, and heck, you would have to be the buggers to end our unbeaten run. These things all add some spice that is for sure. Lets see how the table looks then, but if its still the top two, of course there will an atmosphere from both ends.

Its these few games we all endure the wet tuesdays in Oldham for.

As an old man of 71 and a law abiding citizen, I believe that your supporters will be overwhelmed by the reception you and your team will get. I sincerely hope that none of our fans partake of violence but the atmosphere is likely to be extremely hostile. We accept defeat but cheating is something we will never condone.

Not quite As the Swindle fans see it.

Apparently when it comes to theses sort of things we are the experts !

Quote from: Costanza on Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:31:46

Bristol City are dull as dishwater to watch but let's face it, they're very good at winning. I just can't see them dipping below the automatic places. As a supporter of a fellow promotion challenger it's frustrating to see as they always look like they're there for the taking but only a few can quite manage it.

I have seen them play a couple of times this season and yes they are truly dull to watch but as you rightly state they win games without ever being exciting to watch or even very attacking (Freeman excepted).

They remind me a lot of Brentford last season, solid, uninspiring and very dirty and wind up opponents a lot but good at doing that, they will go up this season as one of the autos, I just hope that the Bletchley Stealers come unstuck soon.

I read that some time back, as I like looking at the forums of other teams. I would in fairness say that as that poster tends to be normally quite balanced, I can only assume he was playing to a home crowd here.

I can see how to a neutral we appear physical. For this level we are quite direct, maybe more so with Smith. Very dirty? Behave.

Lets take the top three. Key players are Flint, for MK MacF, and for Swindon N Thomson (sp?). I think they are all actually decent players in the role they play. The difference? Flint has been physical, but never been booked. The others constantly pick up cards and miss games. Dirty implies outside the rules. By any rational reading of that, our main competitors are two of the dirtest teams in the league this year, and we are one of the cleanest.

If, still a big if, we go up this year, on the field discipline accross the season may turn out to be as big a factor as any.

I yearn for the quiet years. A glorious time where I'd go to the Swindon forums for Swindon news and the Bristol City forum to see what the word was in BS3 with minimal reference to dear old Swindon.

Nowadays OTIB is regularly spewing (mostly) hyperbolic misinformation which is only winding some of you up even further while the Swindon forum is full of 'look what they're saying on OTIB' posts which results in similar silliness.

Roll on April so we can all move on (hopefully).

I yearn for the quiet years. A glorious time where I'd go to the Swindon forums for Swindon news and the Bristol City forum to see what the word was in BS3 with minimal reference to dear old Swindon.

Nowadays OTIB is regularly spewing (mostly) hyperbolic misinformation which is only winding some of you up even further while the Swindon forum is full of 'look what they're saying on OTIB' posts which results in similar silliness.

Even in these most vitriolic times, you somehow manage to still be likeable. God bless you Rich.

In many ways I agree. The root of this however is we are the top two.

To say we therefore do not care about that other side just down the road would be stretching the truth, and would either of us give away our top two to get back to normal?

A thread today on the MK game, with over 600 on line on the thread. Not just you, promise.

And for the record? You or MK? You.

I have this this recurring nightmare where, it comes to pass that its both of you, and Rovers go up in a play off final. See it as displacement therapy until the prospect of that is long past!

In many ways I agree. The root of this however is we are the top two.

To say we therefore do not care about that other side just down the road would be stretching the truth, and would either of us give away our top two to get back to normal?

A thread today on the MK game, with over 600 on line on the thread. Not just you, promise.

And for the record? You or MK? You.

I have this this recurring nightmare where, it comes to pass that its both of you, and Rovers go up in a play off final. See it as displacement therapy until the prospect of that is long past!

I've been posting on OTIB for almost 11 years and know full well that Swindon are off radar when we're not in the same division and the same applies at the Swindon end.

Why was your player dragging him back at all? The only possible reason was to cause a confrontation.

Why was your player dragging him back at all? The only possible reason was to cause a confrontation.

I'm certainly not defending what the Swindon player did, I'm just saying what happened on the day. By the way, if Elliott is so innocent why did the lino immediately say to the ref that it's a red for Elliott.

Don't forget that you guys were at least 50 yards away with a 'front on', view. We had a side on view just 10 yards away and I say again, there was a deliberate upward thrust of Elliott's head, which has nothing to do with the Swindon player grabbing him.

Now if you guys can't accept the facts and just want to continue with this obsession with STFC, have a happy life.

I'm certainly not defending what the Swindon player did, I'm just saying what happened on the day. By the way, if Elliott is so innocent why did the lino immediately say to the ref that it's a red for Elliott.

Don't forget that you guys were at least 50 yards away with a 'front on', view. We had a side on view just 10 yards away and I say again, there was a deliberate upward thrust of Elliott's head, which has nothing to do with the Swindon player grabbing him.

Now if you guys can't accept the facts and just want to continue with this obsession with STFC, have a happy life.

I agree what Elliott did was silly and naive, but completely understandable.

What grinds is your player set out with forethought to do what he did.

I agree with you, in as much that the sending off certainly changed how the game panned out. Whatever we think about each others teams, there is no doubt that both teams have played the best football in the division and deserve to be where they are and hopefully will still be there come the end of the season.

It would be good to think that if we are both promoted it shifts the focus of the footballing world a little further south and west...

Don't forget your brown trousers this time.

We don't like cheats.

Archived