IGNORED

How Many Changes Do You See Tomorrow?

Port Said Red

I think I said on another thread I can see 4 maybe even 5 changes being made.

Sheffield united did a good job on us, they hunted in packs and all our attacking threats found themselves matching up against 2 or 3 players at times. I don't think there are many teams in this league that could keep that up for as long as they did, and I have to say if I was one of their supporters, I would feel I had been short changed this season as they clearly haven't done it enough so far.

Anyway on to the changes. I think Tavernier/Waggy could come in on the right and Cunningham could come in for Joe who looked so slow early on I thought he may have been carrying a knock. I think at least one of Saville and Pack will come in, which one will depend on how he changes things further forward. He could choose to rest Freeman and drop JET back into the hole behind Smith and Agard to do that I think we need Pack and Korey to do the donkey work. He may choose to rest JET though, and play Saville in Elliots position to provide the link. Wilbraham is likely to be on the bench as I imagine he will use Smith as much as possible until the 1st March. 

I know that Peterborough have picked up a bit but I think we can afford to change things up and still take the three points.

I wouldn't want massive changes tbg but once again I'd trust that Cotterill and the staff will know the fitness levels of their players and make the right calls.  Just a bit more sensible approach and we should be back to normal hopefully imo.

I haven't rated Tavernier so far. I don't think we've seen enough of Saville yet

I agree he has seemed a bit lost in the position we ask him to play in .He's left Ayling exposed too often when he's played but he has quality and needs match time to get up to speed .If not now ,when ?

Saville also needs match time .

I think it's quite harsh to pull the jury out on Saville, he's not had enough game time for me. As for Tavernier, I'm not sure the formation suits him. He's a natural right back, not a RWB!

I lost count when we were on the attack and Tavernier was still in our own half last Tuesday night. JET and Freeman were looking for an outlet and had nothing on!

bryan and little have been running on empty for a few games now, they definitely need a rest! i'd like to see waggy and greg in, maybe saville/pack  for any of our midfield 3 too

If that is so, then fine. However, all things being equal would like to see Little play. Sometimes a player just 'works' against another side, and he certainly did at their place. Ex team and all maybe comes in to it. So far Saville and Tav seem little more than squad players, which with all these games we need of course, but hardly set the world alight yet.

I like to see Saville given a start. I think it's premature to be writing him off after only three games one of which was against a Premiership side. He performed last season at this level and has shown glimpses in the games he had played. I may be mistaken but didn't a couple of people write Matt Smith off after a similar amount of games?

I like to see Saville given a start. I think it's premature to be writing him off after only three games one of which was against a Premier League side. He performed last season at this level and has shown glimpses in the games he had played. I may be mistaken but didn't a couple of people write Matt Smith off after a similar amount of games?

You are mistaken. It was far more than a couple of people.(including me!)

Archived