IGNORED

Chelsea Fans In Paris - Disgrace

CiderHider

It's the way of undergrounds/metros the world over, carriages might be packed but you force your way on, people make room, they don't push you back.

The ONLY reason they pushed this bloke back was because he was black, the chanting proves it so I'm not quite sure what your point is?

It's even better in Tokyo, they employ a very nice man wearing white gloves to help push you in at the main stations, and then he salutes you as the train moves away with your face stuck against the glass.

I really believe they would have done the same to a white Frenchman

But it wasn't a white Frenchman.

It seems (to me) like you are saying it wasn't really a racially motivated thing, and that they'd behave the same to any one. If I have got the wrong end of the stick, then I'm sorry. I thought that the clue was in the chanting.

It's even better in Tokyo, they employ a very nice man wearing white gloves to help push you in at the main stations, and then he salutes you as the train moves away with your face stuck against the glass.

Does that really happen? I've been to Tokyo several times and never seen that.

Did you witness it, RedRum? Just curious.

But it wasn't a white Frenchman.

It seems (to me) like you are saying it wasn't really a racially motivated thing, and that they'd behave the same to any one. If I have got the wrong end of the stick, then I'm sorry. I thought that the clue was in the chanting.

The chanting was an after thought

To a white Frenchman they would have probably given him the enger-land treatment

Not saying any of this is right, just think whoever had of tried to get on that carriage would have been abused, male or female and whatever race or religion

To a white Frenchman they would have probably given him the enger-land treatment

Not saying any of this is right, just think whoever had of tried to get on that carriage would have been abused, male or female and whatever race or religion

Equal opportunity d1ckheads

I've been to Paris on numerous occasions At rush hour, the French really do pack themselves into the carriages on the metro to the point that to unload sometimes everyone has to step off to let someone at the back out. It has to be seen to be believed (I've also been to London and it is not the same). The black guy was probably doing what he always does and gets this abuse.

This behaviour reinforces stereotypes about football fans, and unfortunately for the ultras movement, sets back their movement through association.  It is a sad fact.

Ended up in Matsumoto for a few days during the 2002 WC, had a great time there!

I lived at the time in a small town in Essex with a population of 30k, I went to Matsumoto and my Japanese friend who I was staying with said Matsumoto would be much the same.   It wasn't.  Love to be able to get the money to go back.  Glad you had a good time there, I loved it.  Ended up doing a fan dance in the yearly festival on behalf of the museum I worked for, luckily I'd been on the Suntory.  Still think theres half a bottle there with my tag on it behind the bar.

Apologies for the non football talk everyone else. :)

That was the point I was trying to make, but those dicks made it racist with the stupid song.

Presently in Tokyo and have yet to see this happen. That said, the massed throng pushing in and out of trains at rush hour would be a match for any terrace surge.

Presently in Tokyo and have yet to see this happen. That said, the massed throng pushing in and out of trains at rush hour would be a match for any terrace surge.

Have a feeling this stopped a few years ago on safety grounds,  I'm lanky but 6"1 and he was pushing me into the space that a gerbil would struggle to be in, nice salute though, and as I said this is almost 20 years ago.

They did run on time though.

I agree about the moronic chanting, and that if you had turned the sound down, you would not have known that they were being racist, because when you watch the video, the carriage is obviously packed, and the bloke phyically pushed into the lads at the front to try and get on, and was pushed away. I think this could have been anyone, from any race, colour, or football team, and if you try and force your way through a group of lads, you would get the same result. Nobody would have batted a eyelid if the idiots wouldnt have sang the stupid song.

The way he was shoved off the carriage was more than just "no room here mate" in my opinion. But as I said, that could just be because the Chelsea fans are ******* rather than racists- until they opened their mouths of course

There was plenty of room in that carriage, in fact a woman easily got off it in a hurry before the pushing incident. Another got off shortly after. The final sequence shows plenty of room also, this had nothing to do with overcrowding.

Fair enough then. It was all about skin colour. Appalling.

I've just been to watch selma! Brilliant film but absolutely apalling that 50 years later racist morons are still spewing their hatred! but hey this is the tolerant board that is otib! So I'm sure that sonebody will find something to disagree with about my post!

I disagree, there's nothing to disagree with there

Comes as a timely reminder as to what actual offensive behaviour and real problems constitute compared to the words 'Wurzels' and 'Loyal' being displayed at AG. For anyone getting carried away.

Likewise, a blog written by Dave Lloyd charging the East End with racism for chanting 'poppodom!' at Leicester in it's typical 'let's focus on a characteristic stereotype and take the piss' banter tradition [rollie eyes],

Are you for real? Are you a time traveller from the 1970s?

Of course there are degrees of bad behaviour, but you seriously believe chanting "poppadom" at a club with a large Asian population is acceptable inoffensive banter??

Wow.

Are you for real? Are you a time traveller from the 1970s?

Of course there are degrees of bad behaviour, but you seriously believe chanting "poppadom" at a club with a large Asian population is acceptable inoffensive banter??

Wow.

I'm living in 2015, a period of history which hopefully will be looked back upon in twenty years time as that of the hypersensitive due to an over-steer of political correctness.

Hopefully by then, the collective consciousness will have evolved a sense of context and appreciation of intention to match its moral indignation and understand that in 2015, without context and appreciation of intention, more social disharmony was caused by the hypersensitive than the accused ever caused.   

I saw it as about as acceptably inoffensive banter as I see between work mates continually taking the piss out of each other in any way they can.  They know, like those Leicester fans, that no offence was intended.  

May I ask: are you actually offended by us being referred to as carrot munching, yocals?

I'm living in 2015, a period of history which hopefully will be looked back upon in twenty years time as that of the hypersensitive due to an over-steer of political correctness.

Hopefully by then, the collective consciousness will have evolved a sense of context and appreciation of intention to match its moral indignation and understand that in 2015, without context and appreciation of intention, more social disharmony was caused by the hypersensitive than the accused ever caused.   

I saw it as about as acceptably inoffensive banter as I see between work mates continually taking the piss out of each other in any way they can.  They know, like those Leicester fans, that no offence was intended.  

May I ask: are you actually offended by us being referred to as carrot munching, yocals?

i've never heard that chanted at a football match

i've never heard that chanted at a football match

What about songs about any other defining characteristic from any other city or town (either unfounded or true)?  

Little range for you to pick from:

Scousers being scroungers and thieves

Blackpool having a tower

Wales having the second highest sheep to human ratio in the world (after New Zealand)

Any of these cause moral outrage in you? because they're coming from the exact same disposition and attitude.

What about songs about any other defining characteristic from any other city or town (either unfounded or true)?  

Little range for you to pick from:

Scousers being scroungers and thieves

Blackpool having a tower

Wales having the second highest sheep to human ratio in the world (after New Zealand)

Any of these cause moral outrage in you? because they're coming from the exact same disposition and attitude.

and we have a bite :)

Racism is awful imo if there was not chanting by "chelsea" fans that clip wouldn't of even made the news,

Archived