IGNORED

Chelsea Fans In Paris - Disgrace

CiderHider

I remember before the Brighton playoff final City fans singing ' I'd rather be a Paki than a Taff ' in the Weatherspoons, Cardiff.

Yep, I heard that too.

Fortunately nobody would bat an eyelid at "I'd rather be Bristolian than a Taff".  Strange how its more 'racist' depending on the country or region you refer to.

Similar songs were sung about the Turks too.  That wasn't acceptable either.

It's still sadly far too commonplace, maybe not quite as overt but not far short of it, 'you wish you were English' at any Asian face, 'Ebola' at any black face, 'You've got chlamydia' at any female face ... sickening really and the very worst part of football

Except that football is just the excuse. Watch any group of yobs on the Centre on a Saturday night. Although that's probably a bad idea unless you have serious protection...

It's still sadly far too commonplace, maybe not quite as overt but not far short of it, 'you wish you were English' at any Asian face, 'Ebola' at any black face, 'You've got chlamydia' at any female face ... sickening really and the very worst part of football

You are talking about a usually drunken handful here and there, however unacceptable it will never be completely eradicated, I suspect FIFA and Blatter will be rubbing his hands over this and as usual ignore the mainly Eastern European countries and Italy and Spain where the problem is endemic.

I'll probably have to leave the forum after this but here it goes.

It is this despicable behaviour that is rightly pointed out by the media and we as fans detest.

Remember that not everyone that sees things like this supports football and therefore does not understand the nuances of fan support and therefore find it difficult to differentiate.

It is for the above reason that 'ultras' on a flag was banned by BS (being displayed in front of TV camera's), the Ultra tag has been used by the media so many times when stuff like this happens (even if they don't use it in this report) that people associate it with this kind of behaviour.

I realise that at our club, palarse etc it means something else, BUT that is not what the media think or the people that have no allegiance to a club who watch on TV think, that's important for both the support of a club and the perception in the wider community

By assuming the Ultras tag for a set of supporters who vehemently want to support the club in a positive way was naive in my opinion.

I realise that this is not the Ultra thread but it's the thread that I guess most of the bcfc guys who are part of our perfectly fine Ultra movement have expressed their anger and wished to place it here.

These are my personal views of almost 40 years of having the media attack football fans, my belief that the the word Ultras in the wider world does have negative connotations.

You are talking about a usually drunken handful here and there, however unacceptable it will never be completely eradicated, I suspect FIFA and Blatter will be rubbing his hands over this and as usual ignore the mainly Eastern European countries and Italy and Spain where the problem is endemic.

In particular the former Yugoslavia countries.

Chelsea have been at it for the last 40 years.

Who remembers ( in the old 1st division about 1978 ish) ) 50 of them got in the Dolman before kick off ( 1st team to do this at City) they then ran down the Dolman steps to try and attack the east end.

They were all doing nazi salutes,incredibly there were 2-3 black lads with them and they were doing this as well.

Chelsea have been at it for the last 40 years.

Who remembers ( in the old 1st division about 1978 ish) ) 50 of them got in the Dolman before kick off ( 1st team to do this at City) they then ran down the Dolman steps to try and attack the east end.

They were all doing nazi salutes,incredibly there were 2-3 black lads with them and they were doing this as well.

True, they had a large national front following back in the late 70s early eighties and later on some of of their chaps were into that combat 18 malarkey, bizarre really as one of their terrace legends was a one armed black fella.

Racism in any form is a diabolical (usually inbred) reaction .....  ... however what do you think the media reaction would have been had the guy pushed off the train been wearing a PSG shirt?...... would it have been conceived as just a general "Football" thing and obscured / blurred the race issue despite being just as pathetic?

Racism in any form is a diabolical (usually inbred) reaction ..... ... however what do you think the media reaction would have been had the guy pushed off the train been wearing a PSG shirt?...... would it have been conceived as just a general "Football" thing and obscured / blurred the race issue despite being just as pathetic?

It's not the pushing of the man off the the train that is definitively racist though. Turn the sound off and you can not prove (though you could assume) that it was a racist act, it may have been a coincidence that the man they chose to eject from the train was black. It's the moronic chanting that is the damning piece of evidence and frames the whole thing. Once they start chanting "we're racist, we're racist..." The outfit of the bloke becomes irrelevant to a degree

"Josh Parsons, 20, a former pupil of Millfield School was identified on social media as one of the group of Chelsea fans seen pushing the commuter twice in Paris"

Is he one of those regulars at Stamford Bridge who hold up a banner reading "Bristol & Bath Blues"?

Comes as a timely reminder as to what actual offensive behaviour and real problems constitute compared to the words 'Wurzels' and 'Loyal' being displayed at AG. For anyone getting carried away.

Likewise, a blog written by Dave Lloyd charging the East End with racism for chanting 'poppodom!' at Leicester in it's typical 'let's focus on a characteristic stereotype and take the piss' banter tradition [rollie eyes],

Banter? Abuse?

Guess it depends on where you are stood.

"Josh Parsons, 20, a former pupil of Millfield School was identified on social media as one of the group of Chelsea fans seen pushing the commuter twice in Paris"

Is he one of those regulars at Stamford Bridge who hold up a banner reading "Bristol & Bath Blues"?

Whenever there is unpleasant behaviour and thuggish behaviour to many people quickly point the finger at 'chavs' and claim lack of education is to blame. Well in reality there are scum in all social groups.

It's not the pushing of the man off the the train that is definitively racist though. Turn the sound off and you can not prove (though you could assume) that it was a racist act, it may have been a coincidence that the man they chose to eject from the train was black. It's the moronic chanting that is the damning piece of evidence and frames the whole thing. Once they start chanting "we're racist, we're racist..." The outfit of the bloke becomes irrelevant to a degree

I agree about the moronic chanting, and that if you had turned the sound down, you would not have known that they were being racist, because when you watch the video, the carriage is obviously packed, and the bloke phyically pushed into the lads at the front to try and get on, and was pushed away. I think this could have been anyone, from any race, colour, or football team, and if you try and force your way through a group of lads, you would get the same result. Nobody would have batted a eyelid if the idiots wouldnt have sang the stupid song.

He is the only person identified so far

Then it goes on to say no suggestion he was involved in the incident or the chanting

Shocking reporting

I agree about the moronic chanting, and that if you had turned the sound down, you would not have known that they were being racist, because when you watch the video, the carriage is obviously packed, and the bloke phyically pushed into the lads at the front to try and get on, and was pushed away. I think this could have been anyone, from any race, colour, or football team, and if you try and force your way through a group of lads, you would get the same result. Nobody would have batted a eyelid if the idiots wouldnt have sang the stupid song.

It's the way of undergrounds/metros the world over, carriages might be packed but you force your way on, people make room, they don't push you back.

The ONLY reason they pushed this bloke back was because he was black, the chanting proves it so I'm not quite sure what your point is?

It's the way of undergrounds/metros the world over, carriages might be packed but you force your way on, people make room, they don't push you back.

The ONLY reason they pushed this bloke back was because he was black, the chanting proves it so I'm not quite sure what your point is?

I really believe they would have done the same to a white Frenchman

Not really. You go to an emptier carriage if possible. I have seen folks prevented from forcing their way onto tube trains and confrontations occurring, many a time in my 18 years in London. Once I saw two middle-aged bespectacled City gent types have a stand-up scrap on the platform over such a dispute!

If that was the genesis of this situation, we won't know. The ********* on the train managed to make it an international media storm, and themselves hunted men, by their moronic racist chanting. And yes, they deserve the ficking book thrown at them for dragging once again the rep of British football fans through the mud.

Archived