IGNORED

2022 - Chaos!

BS4 on Tour...

Sounds likely to me that the League Cup will be suspended for a year at least, and I would hazard a guess that it would be the death knell for the tournament as a whole because the Premier League really doesn't give a flying **** about it.

FA cup replays will be gone by then as well.

It'll be great watching the World Cup but we won't get to watch any other footy- even if City aren't in the Premier League by then, I would think all the leagues would be synced up so there'd be nothing but rugby at Ashton Gate for about 8 weeks

but you wont lose that football, it will still get played either side of the World Cup. No different to a summer World Cup?

It was stated somewhere that less than 20 players from Football League Clubs were selected for 2014 World Cup.

So why don't the Football League just state they are going to play a normal season, they would have 7 years to plan for this situation, and in 2022 could possibly gain increased attendances from supporters of PL clubs who are not playing, especially around Christmas.

Have UEFA stated what is going to happen for qualifying for Euro 2024, will some of these games be played before the World Cup or will it all be crammed in afterwards.? Is there an African Cup of Nations in January 2023?

I do see this decision as starting the demise of International Football, as clubs start putting pressure on players to retire from international football at a younger age.

Don,t the rugby boys just carry on with the league regardless of what's happening at International level?

Now confirmed finals are moving to end of year.

Final to be played 18th December 2022

Christ! That's going to play havoc with City's PL fixtures that year. With all our international players away, it'll hand the advantage to underdogs like Chelsea and Manchester Qatar City!

Christ! That's going to play havoc with City's PL fixtures that year. With all our international players away, it'll hand the advantage to underdogs like Chelsea and Manchester Qatar City!

I' m worried it will affect our Champions League progress too.

Archived