IGNORED

8 Points Clear At The Top.

Robbored

Dongs lost and Swindle drew and the Mighty City won.

Even better when other results go our way.

Could be Citys first league title for 60 years according to SPN.

PNE are the team for us to watch out for,they have a game in hand and we still have play at their place.

But, I'm more than happy to be in our position:)

PNE are the team for us to watch out for,they have a game in hand and we still have play at their place.

But, I'm more than happy to be in our position:)

PNE have this season historically gone on good then bad runs. Either they are timing it to perfection or they are due a blip again soon.

MK beating them next week wouldnt be the worst result

PNE have this season historically gone on good then bad runs. Either they are timing it to perfection or they are due a blip again soon.

MK beating them next week wouldnt be the worst result

Take what we get in the end, but can see this one both ways. If you are only worried about the top two, then Preston winning keeps one of the chasers well back whatever. At least they cannot both win!

8 points clear and another set of away fans leaving shaking their heads in disbelief as to how the hell we are.

A pity all our games aren't away because colchester apart, it's certainly been less stressful watching them.

So what? Aren't Man Utd famous for playing poorly and winning titles year on year?

We're top because we deserve to be, we took our (only) chance, they didn't. We defended their bombardment well, they couldn't deal with 1 corner.

A really hard carved out win today, but we still did it, squeaky bum time a lot today but as Cotts said in his interview he expected a hard game. We aint gonna win them all by large margins. Rochdale looked very good and have obviously come on since their time in Lge 2. A win is a win. Enjoyed it. :clap:

From what I've seen, I get the impression that we can play poorly yet grind results out, whereas perhaps some of the other challengers can't. MK Dons have had quite a few more 'big' wins than we have, but we seem to be better at scrapping for a result than them.

i didn't think we 'ground' out a result today more so that Rochdale did not take their chances if that makes sense.

Still, it was a welcome 3pts even if we were poor.

I remember coming away from Spotland back in August being disappointed we'd only drew, despite Cotterill saying it was a point he was very pleased with.

They're a very solid side and they create chances. We had to fight for every blade of grass today and rode our luck at times. A fantastic three points.

From what I've seen, I get the impression that we can play poorly yet grind results out, whereas perhaps some of the other challengers can't. MK Dons have had quite a few more 'big' wins than we have, but we seem to be better at scrapping for a result than them.

Yep, in any measurable sense, MK stuffed Coventry, played them off the park...in all bar one statistic.

Rochdale may look back and think we have had the rub of the green this year, as from memory we were lucky to come away from their place with a point, but we have won without seemingly playing the other side off the park to often for it to be simply luck.

Performances haven't been up to the standard set from the first half of the season so far this year, so I think Rochdale getting themselves up for this one and us looking jaded from all those cup games, was a good leveller today.  Nothing to take away from Rochdale they are a good side and just lacking consistency, just we're probably going to be grinding out results against most sides till we get through this sat/tues every week business and get a rest.

We were lucky against Rochdale earlier in the season. If frankie hadnt pulled a worldy of a save in the dying minutes we would have come away with nothing.

Rochdale are a good team just lack that bit of consistency that seperates the top 3 or 4 from the rest. (Not that all of the top 4 are particularly consistent atcthe moment).

Thats what wins the title , on our day we are poetry in motion , another day we will scrap and battle and force our will , this city side wont be denied , they have a winners mentality , so proud of them .

Archived