IGNORED

8 Points Clear At The Top.

Robbored

We didnt play well today, and Rochdale came to the Gate aiming for three points not a draw.....very hard game, but we got what we needed 3 points. Weve played better and lost....

As long as we go up I really dont care how we do it....its time for digging in, and grinding out each and every game...the fact we got a clean sheet is very important at this stage.....a stingey defence is whats needed now.

Onwards and upwards

As for the Aygard/JET issue...today was a day for grinding out the result...JET is not at his best in these type of games, but Aygard, crap finisher he maybe, runs himself into the ground for the team...THE TEAM, which is the most important thing now.

Personally I would have swapped Aygard for Matt Smith, but I can see Cott's selection plan....hes done a real shit ob so far so what does he know?

We aint all gonna love the performance week in week out are we? Points make prizes...and we are after the best prize of all aint we?

I understand the cautious nature of most on here - it's usually my way too - but now, surely now, as we enter the home stretch...8 pts clear, we are allowed to relax a little and enjoy it?

Yes, nothing is decided in february. Yes, we still have 13 games to play. Yes, we could still make a colossal balls up of it.

But neither is it november anymore, when everyone was holding their horses and keeping feet firmly on terra firma believing they were dreaming.

Well wake up the lot of you, it's about time you all realized it's actually happening. Anyone non bcfc related will believe promotion is ours. So should we. The players and manager have a belief and confidence in themselves...Relax, enjoy it. It might not happen again for a long time.

I understand the cautious nature of most on here - it's usually my way too - but now, surely now, as we enter the home stretch...8 pts clear, we are allowed to relax a little and enjoy it?

Yes, nothing is decided in february. Yes, we still have 13 games to play. Yes, we could still make a colossal balls up of it.

But neither is it november anymore, when everyone was holding their horses and keeping feet firmly on terra firma believing they were dreaming.

Well wake up the lot of you, it's about time you all realized it's actually happening. Anyone non bcfc related will believe promotion is ours. So should we. The players and manager have a belief and confidence in themselves...Relax, enjoy it. It might not happen again for a long time.

If we were outplaying sides week in week out, I think more of us would agree. In many ways it's to the greater credit of the team that we are still digging the results out when every game seems to be somewhat of a battle. Get the next few weeks out of the way without major mishap and I may start to breath...

If we were outplaying sides week in week out, I think more of us would agree. In many ways it's to the greater credit of the team that we are still digging the results out when every game seems to be somewhat of a battle. Get the next few weeks out of the way without major mishap and I may start to breath...

We did that in the first half of the season, and built up a nice cushion of points. Results count now.

7 wins 6 defeats from 13 = 91 points. Our average points from 13 would give us 97. To overtake us on 91:

Pne 10 wins from 14

Franchise 10 wins from 13

Swindle 11 from 13.

Post of the season from steveybadger.

Question: Do the football league still give league winning gold football league arm patches? Just assuming that we win the league, our team sport lovely gold parches on their sleeves next season.

I'll be hoping for a Preston win. As long as we are top two I won't be too bothered.

Yup. As much as I agree that we're the best team in the division, if someone offered a guarantee of 2nd place right now, I'd bite their hand off. And I wouldn't even ask who won the title

Really? I don't get that mentality. Let's win something for once. League and cup double.

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to see us win the title and the JPT for that matter, but this division is so difficult to get out of that I'd be more than happy to just get promotion. Then we can win the Championship next season ;)

Really? I don't get that mentality. Let's win something for once. League and cup double.

I dont get it either. This football club never wins ef all.. Its now on the verge of winning its first title since 1955 and people arent even bothered? Utterly unbelievable imho.

I dont get it either. This football club never wins ef all.. Its now on the verge of winning its first title since 1955 and people arent even bothered? Utterly unbelievable imho.

It's not that I'm not bothered about winning the title- I'd love to see us do it and we're obviously best placed to be champions- but for me it's all about promotion. If we lost 3 on the bounce we could be out of the automatic spots, so I'm afraid I'll not be as confident as some of you for a few weeks yet

To get promoted and out of this division is the only thing that really matters to me, going on to take the title would fantastic, then being able to sit back and watch MK and Swindon blow the play offs would top it off.

Promotion is obviously huge, and although we do - as a club - appear to be on an upward trajectory, no one knows what the future ultimately holds.

We could come straight back down.

Even if we came down two seasons later, that 2nd place would be useless to us. A title, however, will never be taken away and anyway we're gonna have a plush new trophy cabinet soon that's in need of filling up quickly to match the opulent surroundings.

We have a great manager and squad of players, as we did when A Dicks and his squad took us to the promised land;

We have won nothing yet however and players, manager and fans should expect nothing; everything is there for the taking but continued effort and belief are required and are the only things that will get us what we crave for.

Expecting to beat the next 3 teams because they are struggling will not be enough, every game is a cup final now, not just the Wembley one, 100% effort to get anything.

For (what feels like) the first time we got a decent comment from the presenter on the FLS - he described the lead as "Imperious" - I've always liked that word :D

I've just looked up the definition of imperious in the Oxford English Dictionary. It says:

" (adjective) arrogant and domineering. With no fear of losing, become more arrogant and imperious, except when Bristol City are involved when a seemingly imperious lead is one that is more than capable of being chucked away"

Those of us longer in the tooth, and with previous experience of defeat being clutched from the jaws of victory, will not count a single chicken until it's hatched and the fat lady has not only sung, but has changed out of her frock, showered dried her hair, had a glass or two of champers and is well on the way home in the taxi.

There is potentially a long way to go, with many twists and turns possible. All that counts is that we at least match the results of 2 out of our three real rivals week by week, until mathematically we are over the line for promotion. Winning the league is a secondary bonus - albeit one we would all love to see.

I've just looked up the definition of imperious in the Oxford English Dictionary. It says:

" (adjective) arrogant and domineering. With no fear of losing, become more arrogant and imperious, except when Bristol City are involved when a seemingly imperious lead is one that is more than capable of being chucked away"

Those of us longer in the tooth, and with previous experience of defeat being clutched from the jaws of victory, will not count a single chicken until it's hatched and the fat lady has not only sung, but has changed out of her frock, showered dried her hair, had a glass or two of champers and is well on the way home in the taxi.

There is potentially a long way to go, with many twists and turns possible. All that counts is that we at least match the results of 2 out of our three real rivals week by week, until mathematically we are over the line for promotion. Winning the league is a secondary bonus - albeit one we would all love to see.

like it

Post of the season from steveybadger.

Question: Do the football league still give league winning gold football league arm patches? Just assuming that we win the league, our team sport lovely gold parches on their sleeves next season.

Funny, they look blue and black to me...

Archived