IGNORED

8 Points Clear At The Top.

Robbored

Part of me wants PNE to win at MK next week. As much as I'd love us to win the title - and I really would - automatic promotion surely remains the first target, and the first thing I always look for in the table is the gap to third. In that respect, a PNE win would suit us best.

We are the best side in the division and we will win the league.

Completely this.

There is an obvious reason why we have the best home record and the best away record, too.

....after 33 games. Unfortunately the best team in the division is determined once everyone has played everyone else home and away, after 46 games.

I'm confident of our chances of winning the division, and it's certainly looking good at the moment, but I've been watching football long enough to know not to talk in absolutes about things that are far from certain. Particularly when there are still 39 points to play for and one of our rivals has just won 5 on the bounce. 13 games ago everyone had concluded that PNE were out of the race altogether.

I'm obviously really happy we have our points in the bag and every game we play it's one game less the others have to catch us. But I'm thinking is it enough? Then I decide, for example, if we were 8 points behind MK Dons and squeezed together with other teams so tightly would I be confident? Nope, I'm glad we are where we are.

If we can just carry on at least matching other results then other teams can fight it out amongst themselves for the other places.

....after 33 games. Unfortunately the best team in the division is determined once everyone has played everyone else home and away, after 46 games.

I'm confident of our chances of winning the division, and it's certainly looking good at the moment, but I've been watching football long enough to know not to talk in absolutes about things that are far from certain. Particularly when there are still 39 points to play for and one of our rivals has just won 5 on the bounce. 13 games ago everyone had concluded that PNE were out of the race altogether.

Exactly this. This time next week we could be 13 points clear. We could also be two points clear, having played a game more.

Fair point, they may finish second yet.

I'm normally pessimistic about City, but I dont see us blowing this. We are the best side in the diivision. It may only be my opinion, but I've never been so confident in 40 years of support. Relax, it's all good.

I'm normally pessimistic about City, but I dont see us blowing this. We are the best side in the diivision. It may only be my opinion, but I've never been so confident in 40 years of support. Relax, it's all good.

Fair enough Glyn, I think we actually agree on this. It's just the stating of things in absolute terms, as if the outcome is already known, that I struggle with.

Fair enough Glyn, I think we actually agree on this. It's just the stating of things in absolute terms, as if the outcome is already known, that I struggle with.

Dont worry mate, it's written in the stars. Title wiiners, a trip to Wembley and I'm going to be a Grandad in July. This is shaping up to be the best year of my life.

You and I are in total agreement. We will win the League One title.

We will see. I think certainly we have been the most consistent without doubt through the season. If we are eight clear with three to go I will still be worrying. Get through to Wembley with 80 points plus, I think the job will in reality be pretty much done.

We will see. I think certainly we have been the most consistent without doubt through the season. If we are eight clear with three to go I will still be worrying. Get through to Wembley with 80 points plus, I think the job will in reality be pretty much done

Tis a City fans lot!!

I'm sold though.

Wow, the league one title.

Next year in the championship will people br talking about bristol city the defending league one champions?

Only one division where finishing top matters. Just get promoted

Sorry mate, but that bollocks. I want to see us win a league, any league. Missed out under Joe and Wardy, and it smarts. I want a title under my belt before I slip away.

We have 70 points (not 60) 8o)

That's a mid-table finish and wins us nothing.

Sorry for the 'glass half empty' mentality, but feet should be firmly on the ground with still 13 games to go and i've seen enough football to know that anything can happen in this game.

In the 99/00 season the g*s dropped out of promotion contention when their bubble burst in the old 2nd div, finishing on 80 points in 7th place with Skeletor getting sacked the following season as they struggled to follow up and were struggling near the relegation zone.

Sorry mate, but that bollocks. I want to see us win a league, any league. Missed out under Joe and Wardy, and it smarts. I want a title under my belt before I slip away.

Absolutely agree mate. League championship means everything to me. Had loads of 2nd places just want to win the thing for once.

We have 60 points.

Sorry for the 'glass half empty' mentality, but feet should be firmly on the ground with still 13 games to go and i've seen enough football to know that anything can happen in this game.

In the 99/00 season the g*s dropped out of promotion contention when their bubble burst in the old 2nd div, finishing on 80 points in 7th place with Skeletor getting sacked the following season as they struggled to follow up and were struggling near the relegation zone.

Wrong forum??

City have 70 points.

• Admin

We have 60 points.

Um, we have 70 points.

We have 60 points.

Sorry but we have 70 points think that's better than a mid table

Archived