IGNORED

Death Sentence.

Red

Are you sure it's TV?

Two local forces have been doing aerial shots past 48 hours

One of them has definitely been the red sky news copter.

Just awful, all of it :(

Where do you work out of interest, Dolls?

I should add I'm not a crazy stalker but respect your right to not tell me!! Just being nosey :)

Near Felix Rd Adventure playground, in the office complex there. Still trying to save the kids :)

I haven't seen the helicopter today, was it up still? If so i dont know why. I know it was up nearly all day yesterday and I could see it out of my window and at times look at the tv screen and see the footage on BBC news.

I haven't seen the helicopter today, was it up still? If so i dont know why. I know it was up nearly all day yesterday and I could see it out of my window and at times look at the tv screen and see the footage on BBC news.

between about 10 and 11 I could hear it.

I know one of those currently in custody being questioned for aiding an offender.

Really hoping it's a case of 'wrong place, wrong time' and they weren't anything to do with it.

I believe they had until about now to charge or release them. Surprised to see all their names and photos on the a Daily Mail website earlier. I'm hearing the police are being more cagey than usual in this case. Interested parties (and I don't mean the family and friends) are having to get info from the press rather than the police at the moment, very unusual.

The police have been given an extra 24 hours to question the 5 people detained.

Their pictures and names should never have been publicised at this stage, of course, but sadly this is the world we live in now.

I didn't realised they had been given an additional 24 hours after the one that was due to expire today. And yes I agree until charged or released they should have been granted annomyinity.

I believe they had until about now to charge or release them. Surprised to see all their names and photos on the a Daily Mail website earlier. I'm hearing the police are being more cagey than usual in this case. Interested parties (and I don't mean the family and friends) are having to get info from the press rather than the police at the moment, very unusual.

They really don't want to frack this one up like they did with he Clifton murder...

I didn't realised they had been given an additional 24 hours after the one that was due to expire today. And yes I agree until charged or released they should have been granted annomyinity.

Exactly.

If Mr or Mrs (Ms) X was/were guilty of this heinous crime, then they deserve all they get - bad local/national publicity and all that comes with it (edited to include the appropriate prison sentences!).

If, however, it is established tomorrow that Mr/Mrs/Ms X was/were entirely innocent, the baying masses will not let them forget it, but their lives will be ruined - no smoke without fire etc.  

They really don't want to frack this one up like they did with he Clifton murder...

A worse frack up than that was Bijan Ebrihimi, the poor bloke fom Broomhill who got burnt in a wheelie bin a couple of years ago. Several officers/support staff are about to go to court and half a dozen more are suspended and facing discliplinary action over how they handled his case.

Apparently security in court today was the highest it has ever been, people in there had never seen anything like it. Lots of areas which are usually accessible to staff were in lock down.

That figure will include electronic communication? If so its slightly more comforting that the alternative thought in my mind.

Hopefully.. think this is a deeply complex case by sounds of it. If not then good grief.

That figure will include electronic communication? If so its slightly more comforting that the alternative thought in my mind.

Yes I believe so.

Edit; I've just enquired, 1200 exhibits is about average for a murder case, so no story there really. Just papers sensationalising again.

How is killing them more expensive? Bullet to the head and done. Failing that, injection. Having them locked up with several guards watching over them and all the stuff that goes with that costs way more.

Sorry but there are some situations where I fully support the death penalty. Child murderers for one. A waste of oxygen that has no place on our planet.

It's nowhere near that simple -there's an almost endless appeals process.

Not that that is the prime consideration; deliberately, pre-meditatedly, killing a defenseless person - irrespective of what that person has done - is murder. That's a reality that advocates of capital punishment can't face up to.

The abolition of the death penalty was one of the best things to happen in the UK in the last 60 years, and it's not coming back.

Plus the murder rate in the US is huge, so the death penalty doesn't seem to act as any kind of deterrent.

Yep. The murder rate in US states that don't have the death penalty is consistently lower than those that do. So the "effective deterrent" argument fails.

Archived