IGNORED

Death Sentence.

Red

Death Penalty is a bad idea but stricter sentences (mandatory life etc) for serious crimes I can understand, depending on the circumstance.

I think a lot of focus on minor crimes should be on rehabilitation, this is especially true of petty repeat offenders.

In the US there are two main problems with the Death penalty:

- Injustice: People have been executed who didn't commit the crime, a deplorable state of affairs

- Cost: Housing inmates in special areas, providing them decades of legal aid to fight their case etc costs billions of dollars, much more than if they were just given life. 

Vile these 2 people it seems! People in community's talk so SP and her boyfriend were named as early as Saturday night in the local area by distant family of hers. With everything being said the address in southmead was SP mother who she hasn't had contact with for years until last week so to me that suggests they planted the Vauxhall Zafira in southmead.

News spread last night also that she was in A&E after trying to take her own life.

Tragic few weeks has ended in the worst possible way

Death Penalty is a bad idea but stricter sentences (mandatory life etc) for serious crimes I can understand, depending on the circumstance.

I think a lot of focus on minor crimes should be on rehabilitation, this is especially true of petty repeat offenders.

In the US there are two main problems with the Death penalty:

- Injustice: People have been executed who didn't commit the crime, a deplorable state of affairs

- Cost: Housing inmates in special areas, providing them decades of legal aid to fight their case etc costs billions of dollars, much more than if they were just given life. 

Plus the murder rate in the US is huge, so the death penalty doesn't seem to act as any kind of deterrent.

They had body parts at their home....

Yeah, how do you know for 100% certainty they weren't planted there? Highly unlikely this is the case of course but let's not get the pitchforks out until they've been proven guilty. Somewhere at some time in the world a stranger thing will have happened than the scenario I just suggested.

This is a different case entirely

Well obviously...

OK, apologies, misread the whole thing.

No problem. But this example just highlights that sometimes people's brains have decided through assumption to make some information to be fact. Please don't think I'm having a go at you, just using you as an example that sometimes 2+2 doesn't always make 4.

No problem. But this example just highlights that sometimes people's brains have decided through assumption to make some information to be fact. Please don't think I'm having a go at you, just using you as an example that sometimes 2+2 doesn't always make 4.

Entirely possible that I've heard bollocks, loads of rumours fly around, but someone I know in the family seems to think the actual murder was committed in her own home. Not sure if you've heard the same?

There is something very unedifying about people gossiping, judging and speculating on events like this.

Unfortunately in this day and age of social media and the like it's enviable. A quick search on facebook finds one of the accused and as others say publicaly shared links about trying to find her.. you can also see she was pretty disgruntled about someone owing her money.   There in itself is two points people will immediately talk about on here, social media and everywhere else.

Again from my experiences 13 years ago quite frankly what was going on outside was of little interest, I was too devastated to care. I doubt the family will have paid much attention to what's being said elsewhere right now either.

I think A&S have been very sensitive with the case, they've clearly known far more than they could let on for a while now.

Entirely possible that I've heard bollocks, loads of rumours fly around, but someone I know in the family seems to think the actual murder was committed in her own home. Not sure if you've heard the same?

That's why we spend millions on a Police force and forensics and live in a civilised society for I guess.

As for Facebook and other social media, as much as it is good for prompting people to search etc it is as bad or worse in other ways.

Is it really necessary for the news channels to show the coffin being brought out of the house?

The short answer: no.

When I worked as a news editor, my strongest edict to staff was "respect the dead and allow the bereaved their private grief".

Is it me or is it unusual for a body to be removed from a house in a coffin?

It's usually the done thing and sadly more common if the body is in 'bits' as they can be a bit more respectful that it just being a black bag.

I feel sorry for whoever has to identify the remains..

Is it really necessary for the news channels to show the coffin being brought out of the house?

Try having press helicopters flying over where you work all day. They should show some damn respect

Is it me or is it unusual for a body to be removed from a house in a coffin?

Sorry to be grim, but it might have been the best way to do it given that she had been cut up :(

Archived