IGNORED

Death Sentence.

Red

I can't quite see the relevance of any of that, Es.

They sought martyrdom - which would give them street cred with like-minded ********* and get battalions of suicide bombers named after them, and streets in Raqqa etc - and probably inspire some other doss cants to follow their example.

Except, they aren't martyrs. They failed. They are two spare *****s sat in a cell for decades. One of whom has even disowned his actions.

No inspiration for other wanna-get-to-paradise-by-killing-a-few-whiteys maniacs. Just a big day-by-day embarrassment to them.

The relevance for me is if that what they want let them have it, their show trial was turned into an abomination and should never have been allowed to take that form, but it's what you do afterwards that matters, I am quite sure that the UK would hand the bodies back to their families and then allowed a 'show' funeral either way these pieces of shit would be allowed their platform and it was wrong IMO.

My second point is that I find it funny how people who put their 'religious' beliefs 'out there' tend to cherry pick the bits they adhere to but would have the rest of us adhere to the whole of their particular handbook or their interpretation of their particular handbook and that goes for every single religion on earth.

The relevance for me is if that what they want let them have it, their show trial was turned into an abomination and should never have been allowed to take that form, but it's what you do afterwards that matters, I am quite sure that the UK would hand the bodies back to their families and then allowed a 'show' funeral either way these pieces of shit would be allowed their platform and it was wrong IMO.

My second point is that I find it funny how people who put their 'religious' beliefs 'out there' tend to cherry pick the bits they adhere to but would have the rest of us adhere to the whole of their particular handbook or their interpretation of their particular handbook and that goes for every single religion on earth.

I agree about the trial. Their "defence" was a farce, the guilt was manifest and the judge should've had stopped it on the first day and directed the jury to find them guilty. But I suppose the various wig-wearers had to earn a few more weeks in fees. Those high-class prostitutes don't come cheaply!

Still not following your second point, but if you think I'm suggesting that religion excuses any such atrocity you are wrong. Maybe I wasn't making that clear enough.

I'm in favour of the death penalty.  Extreme cases, such as the Rigby killers, that outrage public opinion. The threshold is clear evidence, and this case clearly meets that.

Why on earth should outraged public opinion have anything to do with whether the state executes someone or not? If we're going to go back to baying mobs and blood lust then I think we might as well pack up any idea of being civilised. Christ Almighty!

It hasn't been mentioned that in the days of hanging in this country there were occasions where murderers escaped Scot free because juries didn't want it on their consciences that they had sent an innocent person to the gallows when there was a very slight doubt about their guilt. There was no grading system involved. They couldn't say to the judge that we are 99% sure he is guilty so could you just give him life imprisonment instead of the rope. It was either the drop or nothing. Therefore juries did actually fail to convict murderers who then went free and sold their stories of how they'd got away with murder to the tabloids.

Of course, murderers would keep silent today as the double jeopardy law has been booted out.

Why on earth should outraged public opinion have anything to do with whether the state executes someone or not? If we're going to go back to baying mobs and blood lust then I think we might as well pack up any idea of being civilised. Christ Almighty!

Precisely, some would have us regress and turn justice over to some kind of "court of the people" who have graduated from the university of life. Get the noose...

I agree about the trial. Their "defence" was a farce, the guilt was manifest and the judge should've had stopped it on the first day and directed the jury to find them guilty. But I suppose the various wig-wearers had to earn a few more weeks in fees. Those high-class prostitutes don't come cheaply!

Still not following your second point, but if you think I'm suggesting that religion excuses any such atrocity you are wrong. Maybe I wasn't making that clear enough.

My second point was aimed at religion per se, not just violence but even the smaller stuff as well  and go course 'possibly' Tony Blair in particular.

My second point was aimed at religion per se, not just violence but even the smaller stuff as well and go course 'possibly' Tony Blair in particular.

That's better, you were missing a trick by not mentioning Tony Blair in your last post.

Dare I suggest he is for you what "cultural Marxism" was for Mr Mozzy?

That's better, you were missing a trick by not mentioning Tony Blair in your last post.

Dare I suggest he is for you what "cultural Marxism" was for Mr Mozzy?

BS mate, I just find the cherry picking of the the bits of religion that you like and conveniently editing out the ones that you don't a strange concept especially for a convert, especially when religion itself refuses to modernise, apparently even yoga is fair game now as the devils work.

BS mate, I just find the cherry picking of the the bits of religion that you like and conveniently editing out the ones that you don't a strange concept especially for a convert, especially when religion itself refuses to modernise, apparently even yoga is fair game now as the devils work.

As is yoghurt - probably! Yes, yes and yes, but I don't think it has much to do with whether you could execute Adebanjo and Adedowale (or whatever they are called, can't be ficked to Google) but not execute other murderers - which was a contention one poster made.

Archived