IGNORED

Summer Transfers

Red Tel

first and foremost I think we need to get some contracts sorted.

Having done that, go (backup or number one depending on what's out there; in other words happy with fielding but improve if we can, otherwise an understudy) possibly cb cover, at minimum 2 CMs, and at minimum 2 strikers - possibly one younger and one more established.

Think we need a left winger as well, Bryan is good but Cunningham won't be good enough in the Championship and Wagstaff is bound to move on, so we will need competition / cover for Bryan.

A good old fashioned number 9 we've been missing for a while.

Think Wilbs would argue that point....

Think we need a left winger as well, Bryan is good but Cunningham won't be good enough in the Championship and Wagstaff is bound to move on, so we will need competition / cover for Bryan.

Don't see a lot wrong with Cunningham myself. Thought he did very well recently against Donny and Rochdale. If Bryan is first choice then I can't see we're going to attract a better player to be understudy.

Should City get promoted then I'm certain that Cotterill has a good idea on who he's planning to release and who he'd like to bring in over the summer.

No doubt SL will provide a war chest to enable Cotterill to strengthen in order to be competitive in Championship.

It seems likely to me that given his age Wilbraham will either retre or move on and so to possibly Wade Elliot for the same reason. That said Elliot is very well respected at AG and his level headed influence in the dressing room would be missed particularly by the younger players.

No doubt SC would look to strengthen the goalkeeping department, the defence,midfield and the strikers. Much will depend on what players on SCs shopping list are available and willing to come to Bristol.

Realistically we should all want us to do it in the right manner - within our means and remembering we are about to re-enter a big pond as a small fish (atleast until the stadium is finished).

With that in mind I would like to see us try and recruit the best players in league 1 that don't currently play for us. That way they will be stepping up to further their careers with drive and ambition.

But who are the best players in league 1 that we don't already own? I assume a couple at Swindon would be prime targets?

Cunningham was at his best in the Championship.

Cunningham was one of our better players in the championship? so not sure where it's come from that he won't be any good if we get promoted.

Back to the thread.

Hopefully we get another keeper, one that won't just be a number 2 but as good, if not better than Fielding. There was that Bentley lad from Southend we were interested in during the January window, would be a perfect signing imo. Young, very promising and in the England set up.

Think we'll need another CB. Get rid of El-Abd, get Osborne back in the mix during pre season and another as back up, the 5 should be ok. Another rb/rwb to compete with Little. 2 CM's one to replace Elliott and another to have as back up.

2 maybe 3 strikers... If Wilbraham isn't offered/retires then we'll only have Agard.... So would like to see Smith come back, another target man (bradshaw?) and someone similar to Agard. Would also offer JET another 2/3 year contract.

Butland loan or permanent or Bentley permanent

Liam Moore loan but unlikely as Leicester will be in same league

James tavernier permanent

Unsure of cm as I think pack, smith and freeman could cut it.

Rolando Aaron's or jordan ibe on loan

Chris long from everton permanent

Matt smith permanent

Pacy striker from prem like akpom or Sinclair on loan

It took 10 posts for the words "war chest" to be used. I'm disappointed.

Your next cliche to fit in is "red alert".

We need to see if any players want to issue a "come and get me plea", fully knowing that any "hands off warning" would be a "stumbling block".

Cunningham was at his best in the Championship.

Was about to post the same thing myself. Cunningham is a very classy player and we were damn lucky to hold on to him when we were relegated; he was almost certainly our biggest asset.

It's unfortunate for him how well JB is playing. GC given an extended run I've no doubt would once again show himself a good championship player.

Jordan ibe won't be a first team regular for a couple of seasons. Not unrealistic if we're in the championship. How ridiculous of me to suggest it though...

Surely if Brendan Rodgers wanted him to continue his education in The Championship, he would have left him at Derby?

We will need to compete in the Championship, not League one

You don't think they're ready for the step up? We don't have the money to buy four of the best players in the Championship.

Matt Smith would be an obvious signing too but wages will be an issue I reckon.

Archived