IGNORED

Clarkson Suspended

Esmond Million's Bung

Good he is a grade A arrogant knob.

it won't last Super, he earns the BBC far too much, he would have to eat a live child to be sacked and even Frankie Boyle mentioned a couple of months ago, that he almost certainly owns all of the rights to the show, which means that his mate the ginger woman who still works for Murdoch will get him to take the show on, it's a win/win for Clarkson.

Reportedly threw a punch at a producer. But as many say he's almost untouchable...or maybe not.

I should imagine any BBC staffer would be liable to be lumped by Clarkson...I find their ****** bias bloody annoying and patronising..

it won't last Super, he earns the BBC far too much, he would have to eat a live child to be sacked and even Frankie Boyle mentioned a couple of months ago, that he almost certainly owns all of the rights to the show, which means that his mate the ginger woman who still works for Murdoch will get him to take the show on, it's a win/win for Clarkson.

A couple of years ago BBC World (the commercial arm of the beeb) bought Clarkson's publishing company so they now get all the cash from global licensing deals. Whether that would allow them to sack him I don't know

Top gear is shown in every country apart from France. Will the beeb cut their noses of to spite their face. Clarkson and top gear will walk into any other tv company. The beeb cannot afford to lose it. The have bugger all else going for them that sells as well as that show.

Top gear is shown in every country apart from France. Will the beeb cut their noses of to spite their face. Clarkson and top gear will walk into any other tv company. The beeb cannot afford to lose it. The have bugger all else going for them that sells as well as that show.

But its not as simple as that surely?

they could sack him and retain the rights to top gear. And will Hammond and May be able to get out of there contract or want too, to front a new show elsewhere??

IMO Top Gear is a show more and more on the wane. Its quality has seriously nose dived in the last 5 years. Its getting more desperate with more "specials" and more shite of them doing stuff which is clearly staged. Its embarrassingly obvious, and makes the show a total joke.

Honestly a lot of the shite BBC makes exports well.

I wonder if people would be less outraged if it turned out it was a woman he had aimed a punch at?

I love Top Gear, and regularly watch the show, but if any of us had done this, then we would expect to be suspended from work whilst an investigation took place.

:)

I wonder if people would be less outraged if it turned out it was a woman he had aimed a punch at?

Why on earth have you brought that into it?!

Whatever people think of it in the UK, Top Gear is a massive global product.  All my colleagues in Johannesburg are talking about this today to give you some idea.

Top Gear moves lock stock and barrel to Sky.

And the BBC loses one of its few popular programmes that doesn't involve watching people cook.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. The skeptic in me says this is beginning to look like it was engineered.

Clarkson is soft a shit. I am willing to bet he lashed someone with his tongue rather than fists.

Either way this is worth more to the BBC than those saying it is cheap and run its course give it credit for. This show has most certainly not run its course across the globe and has many spin off top gear shows hosted abroad.

If people here like it or not. I am not entirely sure BBC will dump it. I believe Clarkson holds most of the rights to it anyway. Hey put it straight onto Dave. Job done. And watch BBC squirm as its one real big money spinner slips through their fingers.

Clarkson is soft a shit. I am willing to bet he lashed someone with his tongue rather than fists.

Either way this is worth more to the BBC than those saying it is cheap and run its course give it credit for. This show has most certainly not run its course across the globe and has many spin off top gear shows hosted abroad.

If people here like it or not. I am not entirely sure BBC will dump it. I believe Clarkson holds most of the rights to it anyway. Hey put it straight onto Dave. Job done. And watch BBC squirm as its one real big money spinner slips through their fingers.

Use the money to get some decent sport back onto BBC, instead of Indoor Bowls!

BBC worldwide - the commercial arm - is 50% owner of UK TV, the owners of Dave.

Archived