IGNORED

Clarkson Suspended

Esmond Million's Bung

He's a Marmite character isn't he, Clarkson. For every 600,000 you could get to sign a petition calling for him to be reinstated, you could probably get 700,000 calling for him to be sacked.

You only have to realise that he's a bloke from Doncaster who supports Chelsea to realise what a knob-shiner he is. And that's before you get into right-wing nonsense in the Sun and casual racism!

I don't watch Top Gear as - despite having once reviewed cars for a living and even worked for Top Gear's spin-off magazine - I see cars as tools for getting places, not as an extension of MY tool!

However I have watched and enjoyed some of their "specials" and the three presenters have a sort of silly, bantering humour and even, on camera anyway, a sense of self- depreciation that makes for a fairly good light comedy programme.

I can't really say what'll happen re Clarkson, as none of us know the full details of this "fracas", and there are a lot of unknowns: will this producer accept an apology? Will Clarky storm off to Sky1 in a huff?

I do know a couple of people who have worked with him though and they've said he's a d.ick.

I actually think the series could survive - albeit with howls of protest from his fans - his departure. As long as they keep May and Hammond and don't try and bring in a replacement Clarkson. Or Quentin Willson.

I love Top Gear, but I'm not interested at all in cars, I watch it for the laughs

Love Clarkson and May, Hammond I can live without to be honest

Me too. My guilty pleasure. They work perfectly. Break it up and that is top gear done for imo

Went to see Stuart Lee a couple of nights ago, he's trialling stuff for the next series of 'Comedy Vehicle'. Absolutely fantastic

Only managed to see him live once, coincidentally on the tour that he did the Top Gear routine.  Brilliant comic, though I realise he is not everyone's cup of tea.

Do we actually know that he hit someone? Just asking, like...

Some papers saying punched, some saying aimed punch, some saying bitch slapped and James May said fracas, call me Dave said it would upset his children if he was sacked.

PS:- Mind you as somebody who can afford to watch Chelsea and their WWE pay per view road show, (a bloke who detests football mind) it could be an aimed punch and received a Chelsea reaction.

On balance, probably he has gone too far this time. Who would get away with allegedly hitting someone at work? I have a fine example...

In my last but one position me and a group of us were let go which is fair but in the manner it was was a nonsense. Some ppl would maybe wish to take a swing at the guy who delivered it in a very crass and stupid manner unbelievably crass (started chatting shit about music stations when delivering the bad news), well obviously nobody did but you take a swing at someone at work I dare say one would basically get fired and maybe arrested but surely fired. Bloke who delivered it was a jackass but not allowed to punch people.

Thanks for the vids - it's cheered me up.  I always despised Clarkson because every word that comes out of his mouth is dripping in hate, stereotyping or intolerance.  I only regret that the feelings he engenders in me are those same feelings he spreads with his own poisonous tongue.  

I think, in time, people will come to view him as they do Jim Davidson.  

If the latest Clarkson stuff is indeed true he is probably finished. I would rather like to have bellowed abuse at the nameless jackass when leaving my last but one job but you know cannot act like that :laugh:...

I did. I took early retirement to become self employed, and had my leaving do the day after I left. Meant I was free to say exactly what I thought about my ex-employers. Don't know what happened to the applauding crowd of the still-employed, though ;)

I used to like top gear but my dislike towards hammond and clarkson has grown over the years to the point where some episodes have become impossible to watch. They really are so far from funny, and have simply run out of ideas and just churn out the same crap every week

I used to like top gear but my dislike towards hammond and clarkson has grown over the years to the point where some episodes have become impossible to watch. They really are so far from funny, and have simply run out of ideas and just churn out the same crap every week

Agree. Boring, stale, predictable. Fifty-something's shouldn't try and act like 5 year olds to try and entertain people with a 5 year olds IQ. Just sad nowadays I fear. No longer a car programme just three ********* playing the fool with the cars just being part of the stage set.

Agree. Boring, stale, predictable. Fifty-something's shouldn't try and act like 5 year olds to try and entertain people with a 5 year olds IQ. Just sad nowadays I fear. No longer a car programme just three ********* playing the fool with the cars just being part of the stage set.

Which is why it has such a huge audience.

Watch a few of the old Top Gears on Youtube where they are like consumer tests for cars.  Boot size, quality of plastics.  They are very informative if you actually want to know which car to buy but they can hardly be classed as entertainment.

This was recognised and attempts were made to sex it up but they got it wrong - Kate Humble (attractive, but clearly knew nothing about cars), Quentin Wilson (car expert and trader, actually a decent presenter IMO but he couldn't carry the whole show himself) and Tiff Needel (nice bloke, racing driver, but not very interesting to watch).

I like the Classic Car Rescue type programmes as they actually go into what makes cars work and how to fix them, but I also like Top Gear.

Archived