IGNORED

Clarkson Suspended

Esmond Million's Bung

Someone in my office claiming he has owns the rights to Top Gear and will simply take the programme elsewhere, any truth to this?

Personally think he's a jumped up p***k.

Its the bbc that own top gear no?

They have said they will look to continue Top Gear on, and I welcome that. IMO the show has become stale. The last few years it has been getting worse and worse. More and more elaborate and more and more fake.

I used to be an avid fan of Top gear a few years back, but seriously. The show these days just looks like a stage for the 3 presenters to stroke there over inflated ego's.

At least this way the format can be changed and freshened up.

The BBC made the right decision too. To verbally and physically assault a work colleague is appalling and should always result in sacking, regardless of popularity and status. How anyone can defend him god only knows.

This too is after the fact he is on a final warning for is consistent racial slurs.

Apparently called the guy a 'lazy Irish Scun thorpe' and punched him in the mouth causing a cut and our friends at the DM are reporting this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3010167/Top-Gear-presenter-Jeremy-Clarkson-sacked-BBC-internal-investigation-concludes-did-attack-producer-steak-dinner-fracas.html

Apparently Chris Evans is in line to replace Clarkson. I like Evans a lot but I think he will completely change the feel of the programme.

He said on his radio programme this morning that he is 100% NOT going to do it and kindly asked the press waiting outside the radio studios to go away

He said on his radio programme this morning that he is 100% NOT going to do it and kindly asked the press waiting outside the radio studios to go away

He is a fantastic radio presenter, glad he has said that.

He is a fantastic radio presenter, glad he has said that.

Agreed - he is focused enough on the come back of TFI Friday in June as well as his breakfast radio show, The One Show and all of the work he does with Comic Relief / Car Fest - the man can't bugger off around the world filming Top Gear specials.

Odds to replace him

3/1 - Jodie Kidd

6/1 - Dermot O'Leary/Eddie Irvine/Johnny Vaughan/Steve Coogan

10/1 - Ant and Dec/Chris Moyles

12/1 - David Coulthard/Jimmy Carr/Piers Morgan/Tiff Needell

14/1 - Martin Brundle/Suzi Perry

16/1 - Guy Martin

20/1 - James Nesbitt/Jay Kay

25/1 - Damon Hill/James Blunt/John Inverdale/Patrick Kielty

33/1 - Ben Collins/Vernon Kay

40/1 - Rowan Atkinson

66/1 - Katie Price/Boris Johnson

Oh really? Didn't know that. Mind you, could he have just been saying that because Clarkson had yet to be officially sacked by that point?

FWIW, the re-invention of Top Gear is going to be a difficult job. I have my doubts that it will be pulled off as the chemistry between the three of them is what made it. Three over-grown school boys, not short of wit (imo) travelling the world and taking the piss out of each other and everything and everyone else. What a dream gig! The cars are just the prompt. I'm no more a motor head for watching it and I still know very little about cars, but that is the point.

Who to step into the role? Chris Moyles has got adequate immaturity and charisma to pull it off, maybe? They could easily screw this up, though.

Re: Clarkson, "yes, he is a d!ck" but as James May said "I kinda like him".

Can't condone what has happened, if it's happened but we still don't know really. Maybe they've just had enough, like Sky with Keyes and Gray.

Shame really, because 90% of him systematically taking the piss out of everything and everyone, was not sinister. Just a shame about the other 10% that he did step over the mark.

Just my opinion, this is all a contentious and subjective matter.

No doubt for me, Clarkson made it an institution though.

Lets face it Clarkson is already on the Murdoch payroll for writing in the sun. He'll take himself, the production company which he owns (I think) + James & Richard across to somewhere like Sky1 where they'll have a lot less questions to answer for.. it'll be more edgy, the budgets will be bigger and everyone will still tune in.

As for TG on BBC.. well if the other two walk which I think they will then I think the program is dead in the water.

It was as I said before an increasingly fake programme, more comedy/entertainment than informative. But without Clarkson it won't work. As for who takes over if it happens I like Guy Martin, big fan of his but he's too good for this, and anyway I don't think it will carry on. As soon as anyone else steps in it will be dead in the water, it might as well finish now.

I have seen Top Gear shown in other parts of the world Australia or Canada maybe where they have EXACTLY the same format but totally different presenters, but you can tell which one is Clarkson's 'substitute' etc, it's quite weird.

As others have said its just a matter of time before something very similar if not the same appears on Sky. I thought it was on of BBC's most money spinning exports though so they won't be happy it has come to this, but there wasn't any alternative.

Its the bbc that own top gear no?

They have said they will look to continue Top Gear on, and I welcome that. IMO the show has become stale. The last few years it has been getting worse and worse. More and more elaborate and more and more fake.

I used to be an avid fan of Top gear a few years back, but seriously. The show these days just looks like a stage for the 3 presenters to stroke there over inflated ego's.

At least this way the format can be changed and freshened up.

The BBC made the right decision too. To verbally and physically assault a work colleague is appalling and should always result in sacking, regardless of popularity and status. How anyone can defend him god only knows.

This too is after the fact he is on a final warning for is consistent racial slurs.

The BBC own it now, it was sold to them about three years ago.

IIRC it was previously owned by Clarkson & Andy Willman (the producer).

The BBC own it now, it was sold to them about three years ago.

IIRC it was previously owned by Clarkson & Andy Willman (the producer).

Top Gear has always been a BBC branded show. It began as a Midlands regional programme in the 70s. When it was "rebadged" in 2002 with Clarkson, Hammond and (at that time) Jason Dawe, the Beeb still owned the naming rights while aspects of the show - such as the Stig - were copyrighted intellectual property by Clarkson and Wilman's production company.

Glenn Gregory then? Or Martin Ware...

Ware's head of the Sheffield Wednesday fans in London organisation.

That's apros pos of nothing, but now we don't have Red Goblin on the forum any more I thought I'd take up his king of complete non-sequiturs title.

Ware's head of the Sheffield Wednesday fans in London organisation.

That's apros pos of nothing, but now we don't have Red Goblin on the forum any more I thought I'd take up his king of complete non-sequiturs title.

What happened to that fruit loop? Was he banned?

God knows what mindbending pharma he was on, but I kind of miss him.

Archived