IGNORED

Pne Think We're Up

Clevedon Red

I think every other football fan bar ourselves thinks we are.

Put it this way, if we were in Preston's shoes and vice versa I'd say 99% of us on here would conceded they've got the title sorted, no?

I think every other football fan bar ourselves thinks we are.

Put it this way, if we were in Preston's shoes and vice versa I'd say 99% of us on here would conceded they've got the title sorted, no?

Not me. I've been saying it for weeks. Just a matter of time now.

They've got 2 games in hand and we have to play each other at their place.

So they could close the gap, but I have to say this is an amazing City side with bags of heart and I don't think Cotts will let them throw away the title.

Preston is a proper football club with solid history and i'll be happy for them to finish second.

They've got 2 games in hand and we have to play each other at their place.

So they could close the gap, but I have to say this is an amazing City side with bags of heart and I don't think Cotts will let them throw away the title.

Preston is a proper football club with solid history and i'll be happy for them to finish second.

Certainly when you consider the alternatives.  PNE up in second with Bradford (after a late charge) winning the playoffs I reckon. 

We may well be up in theory but I won't be celebrating till it's un-mathematically possible for anyone else to catch us, hope PNE claim the second spot as reading that thread they seem like a well balanced bunch fans that even though it's unlikely they'll overtake us they will keep fighting till the very end which is what I'd want from us should it been the opposite way round, It's in our hands to lose but got all the faith in SC to not let the team get complacent.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

We may well be up in theory but I won't be celebrating till it's un-mathematically possible for anyone else to catch us, hope PNE claim the second spot as reading that thread they seem like a well balanced bunch fans that even though it's unlikely they'll overtake us they will keep fighting till the very end which is what I'd want from us should it been the opposite way round, It's in our hands to lose but got all the faith in SC to not let the team get complacent.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

yep thats how I see it,

I start thinking we got this in the bag then I remember I support bristol city, if theres a way to **** something up we will find it ;)

Well their fans on that forum are having a very reasoned discussion about the outcome at the end of this season.

They appear to be split into two groups; those who concede the title but believe they will get second spot. And those who still feel that to win both games in hand and to beat us, may give us an attack of the jitters.

Realistically, nothing is settled yet. Both sets of Managers, teams and supporters would be stupid to think it is all over with ten/twelve games to go.

They point out that both City and PNE have to play each other, plus both have Swindon at home and Bradford City away. These will all be hard games, probably nervous and with the results almost a lottery.

But then at this stage of the season with every team scrapping against the drop or for promotion and play offs, is any match easy?

One or two mentioned that we might get complacent but they clearly do not understand how "neurotic" Cotterill is about winning every three points on offer.

I think they are realistic in thinking that they may go up as second to us. At the start of the season, both sets of fans would probably have taken second as a gimme. But as we have been number one for so long, I want the title.

They do mention the fact about the 2 games in hand and the fact we have to goto their place so the gap could reduce signficantly, however 3 home games to come and I'm sure if SC continues the high level of professionalism we can win all 3 (all winnable games I might add)

The other thing is, in my opinion we are playing much better football now then we did when we lost to PNE, we have stepped up through gears nicely.

Good friend of mine is a PNE season ticket holder:  was chatting to him in the week and he thinks we are home and hosed.  As do 2 friends here who are Villa fans (and are just hoping that we don't get to play them next season.)

Me?  As always, I will celebrate once it's mathematical:  yes, we are edging ever closer, but we are not there yet.  Certainly winning at home to Swindon and avoiding defeat at Deepdale will do us the power of good.

I liked the post from Gordon Bennett:

"I'd be well happy with 2nd place too Sid, but I don't think it would take a biblical Bristol blip (hereafter referred to as a "BBB") for us to grab the title...

* Win our 2 games in hand and the gap would be 7 points.
* Beat them at their place and it would down to be 4 points.
* Win one on a weekend when they lose and it's down to 1 point
* Win one on a weekend when they draw and we could be champs smile.png

Tough, but not impossible.."

Not entirely accurate, but clubs need fans who are full of optimism!

I liked the post from Gordon Bennett:

"I'd be well happy with 2nd place too Sid, but I don't think it would take a biblical Bristol blip (hereafter referred to as a "BBB") for us to grab the title...

* Win our 2 games in hand and the gap would be 7 points.

* Beat them at their place and it would down to be 4 points.

* Win one on a weekend when they lose and it's down to 1 point

* Win one on a weekend when they draw and we could be champs smile.png

Tough, but not impossible.."

Not entirely accurate, but clubs need fans who are full of optimism!

Out of interest, who are their two games in hand?

Archived