IGNORED

Pne Think We're Up

Clevedon Red

Preston have basically got to win every game to go above us as I can't see us having a monumental balls up! Only lost 5 all season and I can't see us losing any more than 2/3 in our last 10 games. We'll beat Swindon then get a draw at their place and that should be it!

Really not sure why people are concerned that Preston will catch us for the title. They have to win both their games in hand, then beat us, then we will have to lose 2 MORE games (due to GD) than them before the season's end, even before accounting for addtional points both teams will drop on top of all that. Massive ask I think, even considering their current form.

2-3 wins will be good enough for autos, so their right, we are basically up.

Being 13 prs clear AND with the confidence and belief that is in the camp you'd have to be of a pretty negative minside to think we can be caught now..

Us PNE and id like to see either Sheff United or Bradford up, all proper FC's. **** Swindon and the Franchise.

A biblical blip not to go up for sure. Title not yet secure.

Randomly, first time round our last nine games gave us 3w, 3d and 3l. Twelve points. Nine of the games we failed to win first time round, six of them are still to come.

Need four more wins in my book. Two of the on paper easiest ones are next. Would feel much happier when those two are out of the way. Not sure I would want to have to win four of the last eight. One game at a time etc.

People are saying that if they beat us and win their two games in hand, the gap will be down to 4.

Whereas this is true, it requires than to win three games. It's easy to consider worst case scenario, but they need to keep winning.

Which, a little like I said earlier in the season when they win seven in a row, they won't.

Barnsley are flying, Notts are a funny team, and both away from home.....that's made me happier knowing that

Two tough games there

Notts County will be a tough game for them as they're so inconsistent so they could lose or draw depending on what team turns up.

Barnsley will be a tough game like you said & can see them winning or getting at least a draw.

You are up, no doubt in my mind, whatever, about that. Can we catch and overtake you? Improbable but not impossible.  Cant help but hope when we meet in april that things might be done and dusted on the day and all of us can have a damned good knees up around Preston afterwards.  Theres always been a kind of camaraderie between City and PNE, how good would it be to be celebrating together?  :) 

You are up, no doubt in my mind, whatever, about that. Can we catch and overtake you? Improbable but not impossible. Cant help but hope when we meet in april that things might be done and dusted on the day and all of us can have a damned good knees up around Preston afterwards. Theres always been a kind of camaraderie between City and PNE, how good would it be to be celebrating together? :)

Here here! I've always loved a trip to Deepdale.

Yes good club - recall their title winning match at AG in 2000? when we gave them a standing ovation at the end. Looked for a minute like it was about to be trouble as the City fans marched toward the PNE fans.

This year I have no doubt that they will be saluting us after our match there in April.

Their fans are hanging their hats on the two matches in hand, and if they were both next week and our clash with them the week after, then I might be a bit concerned now.

Their problem is that only one of those matches is prior to us meeting them so we only really need to match them stride for stride to get home!

In terms of title being secure, I always apply the 'worse case next game' rule, eg if we lost tomorrow and they won. That would make it look much tighter obviously. We would then be saying maybe it was to tight to call. We would still have a great lead over third. In my mind therefore, title is ours for the taking, but still work to do.

There really is nothing we can do about their form. If they win every game in, they would most likely win the title. All we can do us worry about getting the right result the next time we play, and let everyone else worry about their form.

You are up, no doubt in my mind, whatever, about that. Can we catch and overtake you? Improbable but not impossible.  Cant help but hope when we meet in april that things might be done and dusted on the day and all of us can have a damned good knees up around Preston afterwards.  Theres always been a kind of camaraderie between City and PNE, how good would it be to be celebrating together?   :)

Should both sides be up/all but up when we meet. A large meet and drink should be arranged. I too quite like PNE.

Still slight chance they can catch us, but they can barely afford a loss anywhere. That's a big ask with twelve games to go. They are the ones with the pressure, they have mCdongles and swindle breathing down their necks. They're bound to falter somewhere, maybe even in those games in hand. You can't beat points on the board.

The only minor problem for me is the JPT. Hope players aren't thinking about injury. I'm 100% sure that if we keep the foot on the pedal until then we'll never be caught.

Archived