IGNORED

Pne Think We're Up

Clevedon Red

• Admin

A biblical blip not to go up for sure. Title not yet secure.

Randomly, first time round our last nine games gave us 3w, 3d and 3l. Twelve points. Nine of the games we failed to win first time round, six of them are still to come.

Need four more wins in my book. Two of the on paper easiest ones are next. Would feel much happier when those two are out of the way. Not sure I would want to have to win four of the last eight. One game at a time etc.

Look at this City team/manager and the way they responded to the Colchester defeat, relentless.

The fact we lost first time round to Swindon/PNE actually makes me more confident of beating them this time round.

A freak result is possibly only just around the corner with this club but this team I think Cotts is now targeting records & his team is capable of winning the lot & in doing so setting not only a FL points record but beating our own (+ PNE/Arsenal/Man U's) record for consecutive wins.

I can't be the only one thinking this way.

I almost didn't want to post this as I don't want it to come across as arrogant & I know it is capable of blowing up in my face I just think the team is this driven.

• Admin

With a much superior goal difference, that gap is essentially 14 points.

People keep saying this but we're talking a turnaround of 4 wins/defeats.

Say City lose all 4 by 1 goal because we don't lose heavily this season, our GD is now +34

Preston beat us by 1 goal, 2 teams by 2 goals and 1 a comfortable 3 goal win, their GD is now +33 and very close.

Say City lose all 4 by 1 goal because we don't lose heavily this season, our GD is now +34

Preston beat us by 1 goal, 2 teams by 2 goals and 1 a comfortable 3 goal win, their GD is now +33 and very close.

A fair point!

They seem to win by 1 a lot though.

• Admin

So we lost 5 all season and now we are Gona lose 4 in the last few games,I'm a pessimist but you take it the next level

Did you read my view in the post immediately above? 

I believe my view that we stand a chance of making 15 wins in a row is kind of the polar opposite.

I was just correcting the view that GD would ensure we definitely stayed ahead IF they clawed back the 12 points.

You're trying to impress us with a logical analysis of the situation. I'm impressed.

• Admin

Hang on I was right,if preston win 3zip next 4 games and we lose r nxt 4 games 2 zip,where are we then Ian,I found me cider

Not living in my world because in my world we win the next 10 games. :D

But in your scenario, you back up my point that our better GD is irrelevent if that scenario were to happen.

So Barnsley is one of the games in hand? At least we have a ready made scapegoat if we do mess it up. I'm already getting ready to blame little Lee.

Barnsley is well placed to finish in a play off position. The ideal scenario is Barnsley beat PNE, reach the playoffs and beat Swindon in the final. That way we could welcome little Lee at Ashton Gate next season.

You are up, no doubt in my mind, whatever, about that. Can we catch and overtake you? Improbable but not impossible.  Cant help but hope when we meet in april that things might be done and dusted on the day and all of us can have a damned good knees up around Preston afterwards.  Theres always been a kind of camaraderie between City and PNE, how good would it be to be celebrating together?   :)

YES INDEED ALWAYS ENJOY IT UP THERE I MAKE A WEEKEND OF IT I STAY AT A MATES IN DARWIN

Still 107 available, so can still lose one and better wolves' record 103.

They must have half an eye on that, surely? I know we need to get over the line, but to come all this way, amount all these points, be so close...

It may never happen again. Surely that has to be motivation.

So the gap is now 11 points, preston have 2 games in hand and we play each other in a few weeks.....potentially brings the gap to just 2 points!

I think we are in for an exciting run in!

Lose those games in hand, we beat you we are potentially 14 points clear with five to go.

A little closer than it was, and yes, you look more likely to win than lose those games in hand, but let's just see what Tuesday brings. Anyway, just pretend we are 8 clear for now, and then next Saturday we beat Yeovil 3-0 away. We just got it in a little early.

Lose those games in hand, we beat you we are potentially 14 points clear with five to go.

A little closer than it was, and yes, you look more likely to win than lose those games in hand, but let's just see what Tuesday brings. Anyway, just pretend we are 8 clear for now, and then next Saturday we beat Yeovil 3-0 away. We just got it in a little early.

Personally I think if we win 3 games we will be certain for automatic promotion. Swindons fixtures in April are just disgusting, which is brilliant. 95 points for the title I think.

So on that, we have to win 5 from 9 games.

I fancy us beating most of the games remaining other than Swindon, Preston and Bradford.

We have 2 tough games this week - Peterborough at home on Tuesday and then Barnsley away next weekend (which is one of our games in hand), both teams fighting for a play off spot so won't be easy

If we are 8 points behind you as you go in to your wembley trip I will be a very happy man

We have 2 tough games this week - Peterborough at home on Tuesday and then Barnsley away next weekend (which is one of our games in hand), both teams fighting for a play off spot so won't be easy

If we are 8 points behind you as you go in to your wembley trip I will be a very happy man

Trust me, Peterborough will play dreadful against you like they always seem to against the bigger clubs in this league. I am not expecting any favours from them on Tuesday

So we lost 5 all season and now we are Gona lose 4 in the last few games,I'm a pessimist but you take it the next level

We don't need to lose games, throw in a few draws and things could get tense.

So the gap is now 11 points, preston have 2 games in hand and we play each other in a few weeks.....potentially brings the gap to just 2 points!

I think we are in for an exciting run in!

Lets hope not eh?  ;)

Archived