IGNORED

"singing Section" (Wembley)

real_bristol

Was sat at the front behind the goal, some noddy in a purple kit tried to blame the fact 4k people were standing in the singing section was because we were stood up. We just simple moved and a small group of lads were kind enough to let us stand next to them a couple rows further back. Oddly enough people didnt sit down after we moved by the guy had a small family so we really couldnt be bothered to argue with him. 

Spose its the hope.

The hope that the atmosphere in crystals could make make it 200 metres into the stadium.

A man fell asleep in front of us today.

BLOCK 115 ROW 39 SEAT 89/90ish?

ASLEEP!!

Are you sure he was not dead?

400 volts from the emergency defibrillator... Ask questions later.

Thought our singing was better than on our last visit to Wembley, certainly in the top tier it felt good though I was disappointed noone joined my attempts to get an "Aden Flint is having a party" chant going.

Were you in 527? Good try if so me and my mate loved the constant singing - however others didn't!

I was in 504 in the top tier, atmosphere was pretty good up there and much better than the Cardiff Final in 03. There was a bloke behind me with a northern accent who was obviously there along with his mates, but the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

The big disappointment was Walsall - thought with it being their first Wembley final their fans would've whooped it up but there was nary a peep out of them. Granted, they must've had a ridiculous number of day trippers there (what's their average crowd?) and there was precious little for them to get excited about from very early on, but still...

Talking of people out of their seats, how many people were still not back in their seats after HT when the second goal went in? There were still loads missing when the second half kicked off. Just don't understand why these people would spend money to watch a football match and then not actually watch all of it.

Chippenham it honestly drives me mad mate. In my section so many people missed the first and the second goal. Surely the whole point is to watch the game? I don't want to moan after such a great day but it just drives me mad.

Seems like a long way to go and miss pretty much all of the game. Three idiots on the same row as me barely watched the game, came in at the end when we were winning and tried starting chants. I'm not meaning to sound like a super fan when saying all this. It's not about that. I went with people who haven't watched City all seasons for various reasons so it's not an anti "day trippers" rant. I'm all for as many new fans going as possible.

It just seems crazy that some people, new fans or die hards didn't seem bothered and wanted to wonder around all game.

I was in 504 in the top tier, atmosphere was pretty good up there and much better than the Cardiff Final in 03. There was a bloke behind me with a northern accent who was obviously there along with his mates, but the more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

The big disappointment was Walsall - thought with it being their first Wembley final their fans would've whooped it up but there was nary a peep out of them. Granted, they must've had a ridiculous number of day trippers there (what's their average crowd?) and there was precious little for them to get excited about from very early on, but still...

Maybe it didn't carry, but sat next to their end they were as noisy as a team with nothing much to cheer could be. No songs mind, just a collective roar every time they got the ball out of their half.

Thought our singing was better than on our last visit to Wembley, certainly in the top tier it felt good though I was disappointed noone joined my attempts to get an "Aden Flint is having a party" chant going.

I actually thought our obsession with trying to get that song, as well as a couple of other quirky ones, going was a huge part of the problem. As soon as people stuck with the generic songs - by far the greatest team etc. - a lot more people were getting involved.

That's not me criticising the chant or being boring, either, that's actually just what happened.

Chippenham it honestly drives me mad mate. In my section so many people missed the first and the second goal. Surely the whole point is to watch the game? I don't want to moan after such a great day but it just drives me mad.

Seems like a long way to go and miss pretty much all of the game. Three idiots on the same row as me barely watched the game, came in at the end when we were winning and tried starting chants. I'm not meaning to sound like a super fan when saying all this. It's not about that. I went with people who haven't watched City all seasons for various reasons so it's not an anti "day trippers" rant. I'm all for as many new fans going as possible.

It just seems crazy that some people, new fans or die hards didn't seem bothered and wanted to wonder around all game.

Doesnt help that the staff at the food places are terrible. They have no enthusiasm and absolutely no hurry to get people served. I missed the first 5 minutes or so of the second half because we had to wait 20 minutes to get food, and there was only 6 people in front of me when i joined the queue!

I thought it was half decent at times to be honest. Depends what standards you compare it to I suppose.

One thing I would like to say is, take note of how the Wembley stewards behaved Bristol City stewards, you are there for safety reasons only and NOT to police the game.

Half the battle at Ashton gate is we have RoboStewards programmed to pounce on anything that may raise your heartbeat above 1 beat per minute. We really do have crap stewarding at the gate and they kill off a lot of what people try to do, I'm not sure if it's club policy or they are just handpicked little Hitlers, they really are dreadful though.

We were at the back of middle tier underneath the scoreboard thought the atmosphere was great. Our only problem was the sun. Other than getting to the ground at 2-45 without soaking in any of the atmosphere. Once there it was good. Journey home another story without the Slough detour it would have been really late.

I'd just like to state I hate the whole idea of labelling people 'day trippers' get off your high horses for just a minute and realise these are the people that will help fill the new ground. Can't cope with this holier than thou bullcrap.

and as others have said, after seeing us win in that fashion are quite likely to visit the gate now.

i was in the disabled section with my family and the atmosphere in there was bloody awesome first half, admit,much quieter in the second.

Doesnt help that the staff at the food places are terrible. They have no enthusiasm and absolutely no hurry to get people served. I missed the first 5 minutes or so of the second half because we had to wait 20 minutes to get food, and there was only 6 people in front of me when i joined the queue!

Yup I think the option at half time was either to go to the loo or buy food/drink. Without missing some of the first or second half it was pretty impossible to do both. Loads of mpty seats at the start of the second half and people rushing back after the goal.

As for the person who mentioned th litter in the toilets, didn't see that but everyone was saying how dark and dingy they were.

Regarding people missing the second goa- the problem was that there was loud music playing in the concourse and no clocks (that I noticed). We were stood around having a chat when suddenly we realised the second half had kicked off. Any other stadium and you would have at least heard the crowd when the players came back out. We didn't miss the goal though.

It was better than i expected. It was never going to be a crazy atmosphere, just a nice day out.

Horrendous concourses though. Thought there would be more room up there (upper) but it was not pleasant at all, had to hold my boy by the collar for fear of losing him.

Hope the south stand isn't like that.

Regarding people missing the second goa- the problem was that there was loud music playing in the concourse and no clocks (that I noticed). We were stood around having a chat when suddenly we realised the second half had kicked off. Any other stadium and you would have at least heard the crowd when the players came back out. We didn't miss the goal though.

Good point. And talking of loud music, I was up by the Bobby Moore statue watching everyone streaming towards the stadium before the match, soaking in the atmosphere, or trying to. I could see groups of fans jumping around and singing but only when the music dropped could I actually hear them. It's bad enough inside the stadium having the latest pop music baring out, but is it really necessary to have it piped outside as well?

One of the best pre match memories of our 1986 or '87 final was a huge group of City fans all singing outside, some sort of 'Simon says' song with actions, really funny and more and more people joining in, hard to describe, I guess you had to be there. Never seen it sung since. But what an atmosphere, all fan made. No need of the music yesterday.

Think i was sat next to your lot. We gave it a good go, but its wierd how literally only 2 rows in front were snother group of singers who were always 2 or 3 lines behind on every song.

Still, just watched the highlights and can't tell you how much me and my 9 year old enjoyed the day.

Don't get to hung up on atmosphere, wembley is never great for any team.

Re half time, what a shambles re food, qued for hot dogs only to be told at the front of the quethey had sold out, nobody from the service team bothering to tell the que this.

The best bit was when they were running low on fish, so in order to make it go farhter they were breaking the fish in half but still charging full price.

Was an embarrasement. It was as bad as Yeovil.

Was just about to start a thread about this. Absolute joke! Few in front, eastend lads and me did our best but **** me no one interested, not even complicated songs ffs ...

Our support is ******* shit. Embarassing. Replace with cardboard cutouts like the dolman, no difference.

Our support includes you, so YOU are shit too, superfan. 

I agree with every word you have said.

whoever the lads at the back of 116 were need to get a grip .. singing about being loyal fans and how the rest of support was shit was out of order and cringeworthy .. there were plenty of st holders i saw around me who thought the same too

Cawh that's a good one lad. Made up for you I really am. Sorry for having to recover from a hip transplant at home.

Perhaps that may have been worth mentioning before calling 40,000 fans embarrassing whilst Sky decides which sound feed it sends to your telly.

PS on a serious note I do hope you recover asap :)

Took Mrs RR and she thought it was a good atmosphere. I thought it was a bit sporadic, especially the second half.

We were in block 114 and there were quite a few youngsters around who were not "on message" about the need to sing so bearing that in mind it was OK.

The thing that gets my goat though is the apparent need for stadia to provide background music. Following the final whistle I think there was continuous music so there was no real opportunity to get momentum behind singing to the team at what should have been a celebration.

Archived