IGNORED

"singing Section" (Wembley)

real_bristol

Embarrassing on telly.

Bit harsh. Hard to pick up on the atmosphere sometimes through the telly. Certainly heard the fans loud and clear at times. Definitely not embarrassing but maybe not as good a atmosphere as we might have hoped for.

End of the day though, who cares! Champions!!!!

Bit harsh. Hard to pick up on the atmosphere sometimes through the telly. Certainly heard the fans loud and clear at times. Definitely not embarrassing but maybe not as good a atmosphere as we might have hoped for.

End of the day though, who cares! Champions!!!!

Not harsh at all. Up until the second goal there was hardly any sound aside from the first goal. I understand the mics might not have been as close to the fans as in other stadiums but it was clear to see the amount of part timers. Nothing against them - hopefully they'll come more often when the stand is done etc. My son was there and he said the atmosphere a lot of the time too. But you are right we are the champions and will be come the end of the season!

Not harsh at all. Up until the second goal there was hardly any sound aside from the first goal. I understand the mics might not have been as close to the fans as in other stadiums but it was clear to see the amount of part timers. Nothing against them - hopefully they'll come more often when the stand is done etc. My son was there and he said the atmosphere a lot of the time too. But you are right we are the champions and will be come the end of the season!

Obviously there are part timers there, we all know that. We don't have a 40k demand for tickets every week.

My point was that embarrassing was a bit harsh as it didn't particularly show us up or embarrass us on TV to the nation.

How much revenue will the club make out of this fixture?

Might make a profit out of the entire competition.

Early rounds only watched by a few thou at most; doesn't generate much revenue.

Meanwhile there's the outgoings of statutory emergency services, turnstile operators, food stall staff and of course the electric bill for the floodlights.

Clubs probably have to reach the final to make any money out of the JPT.

was a bit flat I thought with best atmosphere after the final whistle. City dominated and game was pretty comfortable. Great day out and more important games ahead. Worth my trip from Singapore and will look forward to getting up in the middle mof the night for the Swindle game, which will probably have a far hotter atmosphere as in reality it is more important.

I was there and it was the best atmosphere I've heard from city fans at a final, still not a patch on the eastend mind.

Agreed, and the sight of 40000 waiving scarves and flags in the last minute will live with me for a long time. I thought the atmosphere and singing was good inspite of the number of part timers.

to be fair the singing sounded shit from where I was listening to the game from, witch was on my roof and the wife told me to shut the f..k up.

were just shit fans and can't match the quality of fans around the country.

If we ever reach the premier league we should decline the promotion as our fans are w..k!!

I thought the atmosphere was a bit poor but then with the amount of day trippers it was to be expected. Walsall didn't exactly sing their hearts out either.

I thought I was back in the Dolman at one point though with the amount of people constantly in and out of their seats. One lanky streak of piss must have only watched about 10mins of the game at best.

I'd just like to state I hate the whole idea of labelling people 'day trippers' get off your high horses for just a minute and realise these are the people that will help fill the new ground. Can't cope with this holier than thou bullcrap.

I'd just like to state I hate the whole idea of labelling people 'day trippers' get off your high horses for just a minute and realise these are the people that will help fill the new ground. Can't cope with this holier than thou bullcrap.

It's not holier than thou. I had a lot of friends going for the first time today, taking family members young kids etc. No problem with that at all. As you say helps fill the ground and not everyone can be a season ticket holder.

What pisses me off is people that go and couldn't care less about the game and spend more time wondering around. Like I said some lanky streak of piss kept getting out of his seat. I lost my head with the cretin in the end.

It helps when theres less people starting off songs... i could fainty here a rendition of come on you reds from the top tier, whilst the idiots behind me insisted on singing Forza Eastenders for the 45th attempt with still no one joining in.

Archived