IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Super

I'm not sure. He's the sort of player Wenger tends to go for, the technical, skillfull, creative type rather than one who's bigger, stronger, more physical.

Maybe if he was French or Spanish he'd have been kept on.

One of the many reasons why they have not won as much as they have in the last 10 years. Small technical players, ie Ozil, Sanchez, Carzola, Ramsey, Wilshire, Arteta. All very good players.

But since Vieira and Gilberto left the midfield, they have been found wanting. The FA cup last season was the first trophy they won since Vieira left in 2005.

Never looks at the ball - his feet always in control of that ball - eyes look for teammates, gaps and opportunities

Football is a lot easier game if you are good enough to keep your head up (I certainly wasnt ! but nor are many pros at this level)

Two feet , great balance and a great attitude and as many have said , with a smile on his face

Seems to tick all the trigger signs of a top top player and. I wish him every bit of success in his career, hopefully taking us with him ;)

As at Wembley, there was not a single player on the pitch as good as LF last night.

Maybe I'll give Frank a special dispensation though, as his display was near faultless.

Frankie was fantastic, those saves when it was 0 - 0 turned the game in our favour.  It really was difficult IMO to pick between Luke and Frankie for MOM.

I thought it spoke volumes when almost every player went out of their way to shake his hand when he was subbed last night, they recognised the work he put in. Just before the 2nd goal I thought he had run himself out and was looking to the bench. Then we scored and he got a new lease of life and went again to set up the third.

Freeman frustraites the hell out of me some times, he'll play sloppy balls for about 50 minutes losing out in tackles not winning headers then once you have a good old moan he produces 40 minutes on magic and set up 3 goals leaving you looking like a right mug.....

He's only going to get better vital to the team long may it last,

I do thing we need to strengtheren the midfield tho' barnsley and Swindon were knocking pack and smith off the ball far too easily recently, can't hurt to bring a big ****** in

I've watched City since the 60's - including Atyeo - and can say without hesitation that I would find a place for LF in my all time team. I rate him that highly. I'd be forced to lose a Walsh or even Tinnion to accommodate him but no matter. Luke is one of the most technically skilled yet naturally gifted players that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing wearing our shirt. He is a huge talent.

The best business that we could do in the close season would be to extend his contract to a 5 year term. I don't want to return to the days of overlong contracts but I'd make an exception in his case.

Freeman frustraites the hell out of me some times, he'll play sloppy balls for about 50 minutes losing out in tackles not winning headers then once you have a good old moan he produces 40 minutes on magic and set up 3 goals leaving you looking like a right mug.....

I do thing we need to strengtheren the midfield tho' barnsley and Swindon were knocking pack and smith off the ball far too easily recently, can't hurt to bring a big ****** in

I'm not sure where you're getting all your first line from Monk, I'd say he was one of our players who is most likely to keep possession. He has the foot skills that you rarely see at this level.

He's not great at winning headers because he ain't too massive. Not all of our players can be human gazelles like Joe B. ;-)

I think Freeman looks after the ball very well. When he loses the ball, it's generally because he's trying to do something positive with it, which I don't mind. At the end of the day, if he never lost the ball he'd still be at Arsenal. I also think Freeman is a better player now than he was at the Sheff Utd game in August. He's grown as a player over the last 8 months

I agree we need someone else in midfield though. I'm happy for Pack or Elliot to be in the mix next season because I think they're good players, but I'd like to see us sign someone who can go box-to-box for next season, tackling back and driving forward with the ball, allowing K.Smith to go back to screening the back 3. As much as we all hate Swindon right now, Luongo would be great. Probably too expensive though

• Admin

You've obviously not supported City for too long.  There's no way you could watch Brian Mitchell and Henry McKop play and then make a statement like that seriously...... 

How could you leave Colin Loss off that list?

I'm not sure where you're getting all your first line from Monk, I'd say he was one of our players who is most likely to keep possession. He has the foot skills that you rarely see at this level.

He's not great at winning headers because he ain't too massive. Not all of our players can be human gazelles like Joe B. ;-)

point is when he's bad he's bad but its not for a whole match, he produces something out of nothing which i like but he can he can try 20 through balls ina game some times and only 1 comes off, thats the frustraiting bit, great player tho

You've obviously not supported City for too long. There's no way you could watch Brian Mitchell and Henry McKop play and then make a statement like that seriously......

Nope you're right. I was born in the mid 90s...

Ah, man....you really missed out on some corkers!

I've been watching for just over 30 years, and Freeman is definitely up there with the best of them.  Quality, quality player.

he missed out on that creative force of Carl Hutchings................

he missed out on that creative force of Carl Hutchings................

One of the best players we ever faced at that time.....and one of the worst we ever played! 

He's in the same band as Tony Dinning - no-one could have foreseen how bad those two signings were going to turn out.

One of the best players we ever faced at that time.....and one of the worst we ever played! 

He's in the same band as Tony Dinning - no-one could have foreseen how bad those two signings were going to turn out.

missed out on the creative forces of Burnell and Hewlett too,

missed out on the creative forces of Burnell and Hewlett too,

Oi, less of that Monkeh. Matt Hewlett will always be alright in my book, just for scoring one of the goals in the 2-4 'Thumped 'em at Trumpton' result.

I remember the shock and mass hysteria when he signed, literally came out of nowhere! Think it might have been a sky sources tweet which nobody believed, then Ali Durdan said he was due for medical and then signed within hour!

The only times Freeman is ineffective is when JET plays as he tends to go into similar free area that Freeman normally takes and dosnt get involved as much, I still think that this is main reason JET dosnt start as much because Freeman is much more important player to side

Archived