IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Super

I remember the shock and mass hysteria when he signed, literally came out of nowhere! Think it might have been a sky sources tweet which nobody believed, then Ali Durdan said he was due for medical and then signed within hour!

The only times Freeman is ineffective is when JET plays as he tends to go into similar free area that Freeman normally takes and dosnt get involved as much, I still think that this is main reason JET dosnt start as much because Freeman is much more important player to side

I think cotts stated that jet wants to play behind the front two and freeman is performing so well in that role that jet can't get in,

Haven't watched it back but I thought JET laid the ball off to freeman for the Wilbraham goal? Or was that Bryan with the assist? Also seeing as freeman was a left winger at Stevenage and got goals in a relegated team, it would be interesting to see freeman pushed out wide for latter parts of games when Bryan gets leggy and then JET can slot behind the front two?

Just call me Kermit Mourinho-Ferguson.

Oi, less of that Monkeh. Matt Hewlett will always be alright in my book, just for scoring one of the goals in the 2-4 'Thumped 'em at Trumpton' result.

I always remember him being called 'Fluffy Slippers' as he wouldn't put his foot in on 50/50s. Was a decent player though really. 

Haven't watched it back but I thought JET laid the ball off to freeman for the Wilbraham goal? Or was that Bryan with the assist? Also seeing as freeman was a left winger at Stevenage and got goals in a relegated team, it would be interesting to see freeman pushed out wide for latter parts of games when Bryan gets leggy and then JET can slot behind the front two?

Just call me Kermit Mourinho-Ferguson.

You are correct in your memory of Albie's goal.

Thing with JET in the Freeman role is that he tends to wander over to the right touchline and we are then left with a gaping hole in the forward midfield.

Had this discussion on another thread and Noggers thinks JET is told to do that, but as it creates a bizarre shape for the team, I still need to be convinced on that theory.

You are correct in your memory of Albie's goal.

Thing with JET in the Freeman role is that he tends to wander over to the right touchline and we are then left with a gaping hole in the forward midfield.

Had this discussion on another thread and Noggers thinks JET is told to do that, but as it creates a bizarre shape for the team, I still need to be convinced on that theory.

My feeling (rather than anything I can back up with evidence) is that JET scores a lot of his goals cutting in from the right hand side so in terms of a goal threat, it makes sense. Even when Freeman plays there, it is largely a 'free' role so I guess he goes where he can most affect the game

My feeling (rather than anything I can back up with evidence) is that JET scores a lot of his goals cutting in from the right hand side so in terms of a goal threat, it makes sense. Even when Freeman plays there, it is largely a 'free' role so I guess he goes where he can most affect the game

I think your 'feeling' is correct - witness the goal against NLBR.

Yep it makes sense and - of course - it drags defenders out there too.

But it does mean that while he may say he wants to play behind a front two, the evidence of our eyes is that he rarely does. even when he lines up in that position.

Yep it makes sense and - of course - it drags defenders out there too.

But it does mean that while he may say he wants to play behind a front two, the evidence of our eyes is that he rarely does. even when he lines up in that position.

Well, quite. Perhaps the evidence suggests that the right hand side of a front three would be ideal, but that doesn't help find a role for him in our current side

Here's a ridiculous suggestion. People saying we need to strengthen in midfield. How's about abou diaby on loan from arsenal in the champ. Not played for a while due to injury, lost his way at arsenal and would require a loan to get up to speed. Quality box to box player and I'm sure arsenal could cover his wages.

Now back to reality....

Here's a ridiculous suggestion. People saying we need to strengthen in midfield. How's about abou diaby on loan from arsenal in the champ. Not played for a while due to injury, lost his way at arsenal and would require a loan to get up to speed. Quality box to box player and I'm sure arsenal could cover his wages.

Now back to reality....

I like Diaby a lot. Super idea. Ex Arsenal duo in the middle of the City park for next season. lovely jubbly.

Now back to reality....

Wouldn't say he's lost his way at Arsenal, more the fact that he's always bloody injured! I'd give him 10 minutes before he suffered a season-ending injury with us, given both his injury record, and our injury record with loanees on their debuts...

Just voted for the Supporters Trust player of season and without a second thought I was already writing Luke Freeman. Joe Bryan was an almost no brainer for youngster. Was not a happy chappy when Cottrell arrived. How wrong was I.  We have had an outstanding season how ever it ends up with a great squad of players. 

Archived