IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Super

I don't like picking out one player from this team but I love watching this guy he is class. Such an intelligent footballer and the skill and cross yesterday for the second goal was quality. He makes this team tick. however much we paid it is money well spent.

I agree. There was a time in the second half when he beat the full back about three times in a row before crossing. The cross was a little overhit, but by golly he turned that guy inside out and back to front. Thought he was a class above.

Just wish he'd undo his top button.

Yet another absolutely superb display from our Luke.

Some of his skills are just sublime. I remember one moment towards the end of the game where he was running, managed to stretch his leg out, caught a loose ball, instantly brought it under control, rounded a shadowing defender and made an inch perfect cross to Little. No one else on the field could have done that.

I agree. There was a time in the second half when he beat the full back about three times in a row before crossing. The cross was a little overhit, but by golly he turned that guy inside out and back to front. Thought he was a class above.

Just wish he'd undo his top button.

Didn't Littke out the cross away?!?!

My eldest son lives in Cairns and watches streaming whenever he can and the clips on YouTube, and always says Freeman is amazing.

Certainly one of Cotts top signings.

One of many quality players he has brought in and moulded in to a great team.

He is certainly not one of Cotts top signings, he is the best signing we have made, and potentially him and Joe Bryan are the two stand out players who will no doubt be playing in the Premier League in 2-3 years if they continue to improve and perform. They also could possibly be Internationals for their country. Luke Freeman reminds me of a young Frank Lampard in that he gets the ball takes on players , and is always where the ball is linking up play, and has fantastic vision. He also has a capable strike on him.

I've been literally shouting at SL for years to fork out the dosh for LF and finally he listened to me so I'm taking the credit for that :D

Every time I saw Luke playing for Stevenage he was the best player on the park. I still can't believe we got him in the end, and I'm just grateful that no one else paid the asking price before we snapped him up, so thank you SL :worship2:

I've been literally shouting at SL for years to fork out the dosh for LF and finally he listened to me so I'm taking the credit for that :D

Every time I saw Luke playing for Stevenage he was the best player on the park. I still can't believe we got him in the end, and I'm just grateful that no one else paid the asking price before we snapped him up, so thank you SL :worship2:

I think we beat Stevanage 5-1 or 5-2 and I said to my brother he was the best player on the pitch by a distance that day.

He is certainly not one of Cotts top signings, he is the best signing we have made, and potentially him and Joe Bryan are the two stand out players who will no doubt be playing in the Premier League in 2-3 years if they continue to improve and perform. They also could possibly be Internationals for their country. Luke Freeman reminds me of a young Frank Lampard in that he gets the ball takes on players , and is always where the ball is linking up play, and has fantastic vision. He also has a capable strike on him.

I wouldn't have said they are standout players, as they're all excellent. Bryan didn't have one of his better games yesterday, but that's good as it means he's less likely to get poached

I wouldn't have said they are standout players, as they're all excellent. Bryan didn't have one of his better games yesterday, but that's good as it means he's less likely to get poached

I was thinking that as well,  I think Bryant was a bit nervous and the occasion got to him, still good experience for him.

Luke Freeman just oozes class, you could never get bored of watching him and I think he'll be even better in the championship as teams won't be so defensive as we won't be the best team in the league, so he will probably have a lot more room! Yep that midfield 3 is perfect at the moment, I'm just so glad Pack has stepped up also, yes at the beginning of the season Wadey was brilliant, but we all knew it wouldn't last the whole season and that we wouldn't get much out of him should we go up but Pack has more than earned the shirt and fits in perfectly with Smith and Freeman. I have no doubt that these 3 will be just as good in the championship. For once we have a decent midfield! It seems for the past god knows how long we've always been missing 1. Either a CDM, a Creative player, or a box to box player, it's now safe to say we have all 3 of those and by god they're good at their jobs!

On cloud 9 at the moment and should we win the league the only thing that could top this season will be promotion to the prem! when ever that comes our way!...

Went the spurs game on Saturday and I've got to say that Freeman reminds me of Eriksen. Obviously it's difficult to compare too much in terms of ability as they are playing at very different levels. But the way they move on the ball (mostly using one foot), the types of passes they look to play and their set piece delivery is similar. if anything Freeman is more likely to put a challenge in then Eriksen who seems to pull out of every 50-50.

I'm not saying Freeman is the same level but the potential is definitively there. Great player.

Freeman is superior to all other players we have, left foot, right foot, decent shot, brilliant touch, excellent close control, tbh he shouldn't really be at City.. not that I care!

Said to one if me bluds, he's just showing off today. Hope not too many clubs' scouts were watching (who am I trying to kid?) :(

Up there as one of, if not the most talented footballers I have seen for us.

I've been literally shouting at SL for years to fork out the dosh for LF and finally he listened to me so I'm taking the credit for that :D

I can't believe we got him. How many times have we had targets spirited away by other sides, both mighty and tinpot?

Cotts must have a mesmeric effect!

We've gotta hold onto him.

Haha. Too many ciders methinks. 

I was thinking of a different time, when he chipped it over everyone and past the far post. That cross for Little's goal was excellent though.

Just watcheh the highlights and saw the one you mean. The boys feet are unreal. Will take us far next season.

a budget David Silva! although the cross yesterday proved he isn't all left peg?!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/22/bristol-city-walsall-johnstones-paint-trophy-match-report

Good write up by John Ashdown and a perfect description I thought (apart from all left peg). Like Silva he is always on the move, finding space and using the ball well. A very modern, and un-English, kind of player. I always yearned for David Noble to have Lee Johnson's professionalism, he would have been much the same as Freeman I think. Luke will not waste his great talent as David did I'm sure.

Archived