IGNORED

Lansdown Will Show Some Players The Door .

Major Isewater

There needs to be a understanding amongst supporters that we may have to be patient and let's hope that there's no discontent if we aren't in the top 6 in November

I'm not saying we will or we won't, let's just be sensible and see how things pan out and enjoy us at least , all being well, establishing ourselves as a Champ Club :)

There needs to be a understanding amongst supporters that we may have to be patient and let's hope that there's no discontent if we aren't in the top 6 in November

I'm not saying we will or we won't, let's just be sensible and see how things pan out and enjoy us at least , all being well, establishing ourselves as a Champ Club :)

Totally agree...but you only have to look at stats to see how well Clubs generally do when they get promoted up to the Championship.

If I was the manager... I would have noted that, and tried to make the most of it and momentum...it makes sense too.

Totally Spudski

Momentum from Lge 1 into CCC appears to have been as potent as anything for a few years, as you say

Our near miss with a greatly overachieving squad last time out (and with a brilliant team spirit .....sounds familiar :) ) was all about momentum for me

If I was SC I'd be looking for , 4, and a keeper to rival FF , and would spend the majority of my budget 'up top'

Thankfully I'm not !! And SC will do what he believes right :D

Totally agree...but you only have to look at stats to see how well Clubs generally do when they get promoted up to the Championship.

If I was the manager... I would have noted that, and tried to make the most of it and momentum...it makes sense too.

I agree with you - this is not the plateau and all of that. As a squad and a manager I would go in to next season with confidence but with 100% professionalism.

However I would also be tempted to have blind faith in Cotts, almost as Burnley have with Dyche. From the mire that we were in when he took over I don't give a cahoots what anyone else says about budget of anything else for that matter: what that man has turned around in the space of 18 months is nothing short of a Midas touch. I really don't think it can be overstated what he's done. Just try to think what the score would be if this team was playing O'Driscoll's side.

He's also in credit. For instance take Flint's transfer value. When Cotts came in here let's be honest his value was close to nil. No-one would have wanted him (form) and no one would have paid for him (gamble) assuming his wages are good league 1 wages too. Now what's he worth? on Flint alone Cotts has paid back every penny in salary he's earnt and then some.

So, even if we are relegated next season provided SC had a handle on the problems and a plan to sort out, and he convinced that his plan would work, I'd be very hopeful he's still in charge. He'd almost (within reason) get a licence for the duration of his contract.

Archived