IGNORED

England V Lithuania Match Day Thread

And Its Smith

Thinking back 10 years when our centre half choices were Ferdinand, Campbell, Terry, Carragher, King and now it's Cahill, Jagielka, Jones and Smalling. FFS!

And what did they win for us?!

Understandably a lot of cynicism about England, but if/when we're lining up in the QFs of the Euros next summer, everyone on here will be glued to it and cheering us on.

Understandably a lot of cynicism about England, but if/when we're lining up in the QFs of the Euros next summer, everyone on here will be glued to it and cheering us on.

Nothing but at least we were under achieving with them. Now we are just terrible. This is what I hate about football is I can't switch off. I'm looking forward to tonight's game and I'm planing a combined motorbike tour of Italy that'll involve a trip to the San Marino game in September. I will want England to win and qualify and will never forsake them for my club. If you offered me City winning a major trophy or an England WC I'd take the World Cup. Less fussed about the Euros...like the JPT of international football but winning it would be great. 

Well if England didn't qualify with probably the weakest group they have been in for ages, everyone in the FA should be sacked. It took a free kick from Rooney to win here and up to then they didn't look like scoring and that's against the second weakest team in the group.

It's boring because teams like Estonia and no doubt Lithuania tonight have no real interest in trying to score a goal and are more interested in playing in their own box.

Nothing, but when you look at our back 4 in 2006 WC of Neville-Ferdinand-Terry-Cole the gulf in class from our current team is massive.

Our national side is going down the drain, but we all know this

Nothing but at least we were under achieving with them. Now we are just terrible. This is what I hate about football is I can't switch off. I'm looking forward to tonight's game and I'm planing a combined motorbike tour of Italy that'll involve a trip to the San Marino game in September. I will want England to win and qualify and will never forsake them for my club. If you offered me City winning a major trophy or an England WC I'd take the World Cup. Less fussed about the Euros...like the JPT of international football but winning it would be great.

Definitely City over England for me!!

Also the Euros is easily just as tough to win as the WC imo as all the teams who qualify normally have some level of quality in their side.

Definitely City over England for me!!

Also the Euros is easily just as tough to win as the WC imo as all the teams who qualify normally have some level of quality in their side.

It is only the World Cup though. Not saying the Euros isn't tough, just I care a lot less. It was nice to win the JPT but 9 months ago wasn't really on my agenda. Same with the Euros. Would be nice but if we/when we fail I won't be too fussed. 

You mean Rooney soon to be leading England goal scorer Rooney? Didnt realise a 'scrappy goal' counted less than a 40 yard screamer!

Give it a rest and stop watching it then!

Someone's a bit touchy?

But no you're right, it doesn't matter who he scores against, whether it's Lithunia or San Marino they all count :facepalm:

You mean Rooney soon to be leading England goal scorer Rooney? Didnt realise a 'scrappy goal' counted less than a 40 yard screamer!

Give it a rest and stop watching it then!

And still not a patch on Lineker and Charlton.

Archived