IGNORED

England V Lithuania Match Day Thread

And Its Smith

Someone's a bit touchy?

But no you're right, it doesn't matter who he scores against, whether it's Lithunia or San Marino they all count :facepalm:

Not at all touchy. Will just never understand the abuse Rooney gets. One of the finest players for many years. Just take a look at his record and trophies. Something many other top class players can only dream about.

I also dont get how you can compare players who played generations apart? Maybe if Rooney played 50 years afo he would have scored 100 international goals. Maybe Charlton would have scored more playing nowadays. You just cant compare the game from then against now.

Not at all touchy. Will just never understand the abuse Rooney gets. One of the finest players for many years. Just take a look at his record and trophies. Something many other top class players can only dream about.

I also dont get how you can compare players who played generations apart? Maybe if Rooney played 50 years afo he would have scored 100 international goals. Maybe Charlton would have scored more playing nowadays. You just cant compare the game from then against now.

Prob because everyone goes on about him being world class and our best player yet he has never turned up at a World Cup.

Spot on

Rooney is a very good player quite clearly otherwise he would not be finishing his career (as probably) the top scorer for both England and Manchester United.

No doubt Rooney is a good player, but as Paul Scholes says, he peaked at 26. I think it's fairly easy to compare players who have won world cups and scored massive goals in major competitions, whilst Rooney arguably hasn't delivered in a tournament since 2004.

He'll be Englands top goal scorer, well done to him but he will never be seen as an England great.

No doubt Rooney is a good player, but as Paul Scholes says, he peaked at 26. I think it's fairly easy to compare players who have won world cups and scored massive goals in major competitions, whilst Rooney arguably hasn't delivered in a tournament since 2004.

He'll be Englands top goal scorer, well done to him but he will never be seen as an England great.

I guarantee he will

Prob because everyone goes on about him being world class and our best player yet he has never turned up at a World Cup.

Nor has Ronaldo. Messi made a world cup final but because he was part of a good side, not because he lit up the world cup.

No matter how good the player you need the players around you which sadly England dont have.

Nor has Ronaldo. Messi made a world cup final but because he was part of a good side, not because he lit up the world cup.

No matter how good the player you need the players around you which sadly England dont have.

Which is why they will never be on a par with Maradona.

Has at Champions League level. A good argument could be made that the Champions League is on a par at least with the World Cup - I mean you won't have a Champions League competition missing the likes of Ibrahimovic

Has at Champions League level. A good argument could be made that the Champions League is on a par at least with the World Cup - I mean you won't have a Champions League competition missing the likes of Ibrahimovic

I don't think the CL is anywhere close to being on a par with the World Cup.

Archived