IGNORED

Lee Johnson The Cheek

BristolGFXCity

The little man telling us to **** off was one of the highlights of my day. Seemed rather agitated with us singing '**** off Johnson **** off Johnson' the stubby wankaa.

Edit- The reason he got 'abuse' was because LJ was having a right go at Cotterill because Cotts was having a go at the ref.

Long time reader, but felt compelled to open account to reply to this.

Having watched City for many years before retiring to the Highlands last year, I have seen LJ play many times for us.

Without meaning to reopen the whole LJ debate which has been done to death so many times, irrespective of what your thoughts on his performances / position in the side / blah blah blah, surely you can recognise a player that gave his all and clearly cared for the club during his time here.

Maybe I've had a naff day and should lighten up! However I for one am grateful for what LJ did during his time with us, and will always wish him well.

Shame we couldn't get the three points today, but to come from behind against an in form team is the sign of champions.

Back on topic, good luck to lil Lee, embarking on what may well become a successful managerial career based on his performances to date. No need for any abuse directed at him.

Seemed rather agitated with us singing '**** off Johnson **** off Johnson' the stubby wankaa.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I wonder why

I know opinions differ on LJs abilities on the pitch but as a player in our 2nd most successful side in the last 60 years what exactly did he do to warrant this ?

Dear oh dear.......

I despair sometimes

Is this what Smith, Ayling, Little, etc can expect if they return to the Gate with other clubs ?

A player who played in one of our most exciting and successful teams in the last 40 odd years....and some people treat him like he s*it on us.

Was nothing but loyal, proffessional and hardworking during his successful time with us.

In other words....those that slated him, are ****s

A player who played in one of our most exciting and successful teams in the last 40 odd years....and some people treat him like he s*it on us.

Was nothing but loyal, proffessional and hardworking during his successful time with us.

In other words....those that slated him, are ****s

and also speaks very well of the club when interviewed

But why do we have to roll out the red carpet to ex players? Football is a game for winning not being nice.

I didnt hear this sung but perhaps we shouldve welcomed him with open arms and offered him a 3 goal head start?!

Fed up of nice bristol city. Time we generated an atmosphere for a change! #library

But why do we have to roll out the red carpet to ex players? Football is a game for winning not being nice.

I didnt hear this sung but perhaps we shouldve welcomed him with open arms and offered him a 3 goal head start?!

Fed up of nice bristol city. Time we generated an atmosphere for a change! #library

Nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect to someone who we used to support?

Seemed rather agitated with us singing '**** off Johnson **** off Johnson' the stubby wankaa.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

I wonder why

I know opinions differ on LJs abilities on the pitch but as a player in our 2nd most successful side in the last 60 years what exactly did he do to warrant this ?

Dear oh dear.......

I despair sometimes

Is this what Smith, Ayling, Little, etc can expect if they return to the Gate with other clubs ?

Would you enlighten me, who is "us"?

Nothing wrong with showing a bit of respect to someone who we used to support?

No im not having that. Hes the opposition. Opposition are there to be beaten not applauded or reminisced about.

You dont have to swear at him but certainly nice to try and get under oppositions skins to get a reaction to hopefully affect their performance.

Sorry Nikolas but I think you are confusing two issues .....

Yes - all for making the Gate vocal and hostile

Not sure where abusing ex players who have been nothing but respectful to this club fits into that.

As for welcomes with open arms - no need to go overboard , politely applaud those who want to and then get vocal behind OUR team and manager

This is the sort of moronic behaviour that gets a reputation in the game and does us no favours as a club - Same morons that will be screaming for us to appoint LJS in three years time if his stock continues to rise !!!!

Just been interviewed on RB,  was very complimentary about us and said we would be in the Championship next season.   He also said how much he enjoyed his time here playing and that we had got the right players and the money was spent wisely.

What a c***.

No im not having that. Hes the opposition. Opposition are there to be beaten not applauded or reminisced about.

You dont have to swear at him but certainly nice to try and get under oppositions skins to get a reaction to hopefully affect their performance.

Yes abuse is the only way. Wake up FFS.

Suprised at the shock and outrage to be honest. He did a job for us got payed handsomely for it and that is that. As nickolas said why the need to roll out the red carpet? Hardly a returning legend is he, give him a bit of stick, may aswell. Im sure he was welcomed by club officials etc behind the scenes when he arrived.

Anyway each to there own, im sure Lee will sleep tonight abuse or no abuse.

Sorry Nikolas but I think you are confusing two issues .....

Yes - all for making the Gate vocal and hostile

Not sure where abusing ex players who have been nothing but respectful to this club fits into that.

As for welcomes with open arms - no need to go overboard , politely applaud those who want to and then get vocal behind OUR team and manager

This is the sort of moronic behaviour that gets a reputation in the game and does us no favours as a club - Same morons that will be screaming for us to appoint LJS in three years time if his stock continues to rise !!!!

Like i said, the reason he got 'abused' is because he started spouting some shit towards Cotterill. It wasn't for no reason.

Archived