IGNORED

Message For Those Who Travelled To Orient On Club Coaches (Merged)

alanpayne

FYI...

COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE

1. Supporter complaint to the football club 

2. If the complaint is satisfactorily resolved by the club, then no further action is necessary. 

3. If the complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily, then the club or the complainant should contact the Football League Customer Services Department

Operations Centre, Edward VII Quay, Navigation Way, Preston, Lancashire PR2 2YF

E-mail: enquiries@football-league.co.uk Telephone: 0844 335 0183

4. If the complaint can be resolved satisfactorily by the Football League, they will inform the club and the complainant . No further action is necessary. 

If the Football League is not able to resolve the issue, the complainant should contact the Independent Football Ombudsman

Independent Football Ombudsman 

Suite 49, 57 Great George Street 

Leeds LS1 3AJ

Email: contact@theifo.co.uk
Telephone: 0800 588 4066

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fans/customercharter/

Move on, these things happen. I'm sure every city has a tale of when they were late or missed a goal. Not liking this blame culture. Coyr

Slightly harsh. We've all missed a goal from queueing to get into the ground, or visiting the gents etc but that is avoidable. A coach driver getting lost and making you considerably late, that's not a blame culture that's just expecting a decent reliable service...

Alan, I have only praise for the way you've conducted yourself in your responses with the club.

So often any dispute, be it minor or major, can lead to petty squabbles and insults. However your manner cannot be questioned in this case.

For me the actions of the club just leave me.. Deflated. So often in recent times the clubs actions in regard to their treatment of supporters have been called into question. Sometimes merited, sometimes not, generally in between. You see the club making decent strides to amend this but then I can't help but be disappointed that they've avoided the chance at such an easy 'recovery' here.

Do the club legally need to reimburse you? Probably not. But on a basic level if you pay for the service through the club and through no fault of your own you miss the majority of goals in an away game surely their common sense would dictate they should reach out as a sign of good faith and reimburse those fans?

It shouldn't need threads like this, or copies of correspondence between you both. It would have been easy for the club to be proactive in this matter and turn it into a minor issue. Sigh.

I seem to remember another promotion year, away to Orient 1-1 , where the supporters coach's turned up at half time. We were OK we had a van and just had the tyres slashed.

They should know to allow plenty of time for the journey, poor offer I wonder who made it the coach firm or the club. Either way shoddy, you think that the coach firm would be keen to keep the business and at least offer free travel to a game.

Yup. 1990. I was on that coach. Got there at half-time after the driver got lost and mistakenly followed Man Utd fans to White Hart Lane.

We never got any money back either.

I didn't go to the Orient game so have no personal interest in this, but personally I think that is a poor offer.

They failed to deliver the service promised and you shouldn't have to making another booking with them, from which they will again profit, to be compensated for that.

Telling a customer the only way we'll recognise our mistake is if you spend more money with us is such an appalling stance to take.

I'll go with that.

Companies that offer future discounts don't recognise what they have done.  Just refund some cash and be done with it.

Why the club didn't just hand out a straightforward full refund to all affected travellers immediately and then deal with Peter Carol internally is beyond me.

Such basic, obvious customer relations and the only solution that doesn't show such disregard for our most loyal supporters.

Absolutely this. Only a small number of the total fan base have been impacted by this, and those who have been are arguably the most committed/loyal supporters the club have. Anything other than a full refund is a joke.

Whilst I do not doubt for one minute DL is a very busy man and works very hard, when a supporter's liaison officer is so poor in liaison, by which I mean the time it takes to reply, only responding to chasing, etc, I could only say something is not quite working - perhaps another member of staff needed or some more training in comms.

I would also point out that when he was using this forum he was very quick off the mark to comment. Has workload increased that quickly, did he have more remit when posting on here..? Like I said something seems to be falling down and I'd urge review.

Whilst I do not doubt for one minute DL is a very busy man and works very hard, when a supporter's liaison officer is so poor in liaison, by which I mean the time it takes to reply, only responding to chasing, etc, I could only say something is not quite working - perhaps another member of staff needed or some more training in comms.

I would also point out that when he was using this forum he was very quick off the mark to comment. Has workload increased that quickly, did he have more remit when posting on here..? Like I said something seems to be falling down and I'd urge review.

He's now fans liason officer for the rugby club too.

Agree. For me it's deteriorated particularly over the last 9 months. Review needed.

Archived